how to remove VGA asus x570 TUF plus mobo

alptard22
Go to solution Solved by kelvinhall05,

Push the card back in, then push the clip down and away from the slot. It should release.

Hey! Could someone help me out please? Cant find a way to remove the graphics card. Tried everything i could with the switch.656767704_IMG_20201125_1258002.jpg

It seems like the left side is already taken out of the slot.

What I've always had luck with is taking out the videocard, starting with the right side.

Try slotting the videocard back in, open the clip again, take out  the right side of the videocard first.

Do not put too much pressure on the slot/videocard, don't pull when there is too much resistance.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Push the card back in, then push the clip down and away from the slot. It should release.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

3 hours ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Soo.. The switch did click down, and then right (away from the slot). However i did not manage to get it out. I tried to try to take it on the right side first, also tried both sides at same time, with medium force too. Did not manage to take it out, tried for about 30 minutes, gave up for today, finger hurts. Computer still works, so did not bork the mobo ^^ Any other idea?