Does anyone actually have one of the new radeon GPUs?

Chua

I've seen people online talking about their new nvidia GPUs, but nothing of AMD! Did you actually get one? Did you buy from a scalper? Why are you here instead of playing games on your shiny new silicon? Share your rx 6000 story here!

- Woke up at 5:50PST to try to snipe the launch to get a card, didn't even watch reviews I just kept refreshing.

- Out of stock instantly

- then I watched reviews, seems like I'll just get an RTX card instead.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

Just now, RadiatingLight said:

- Woke up at 5:50PST to try to snipe the launch to get a card, didn't even watch reviews I just kept refreshing.

- Out of stock instantly

- then I watched reviews, seems like I'll just get an RTX card instead.

My story is pretty much the same. I've got a 1440p 144hz monitor, so I was initially thinking AMD, since it has a lead in rasterization. But most all of the AAA games that are releasing nowadays have DLSS support and raytracing, which AMD lacks. Any other game I play(tf2, Minecraft java, scp, ect) the 3070 won't have any trouble running at 144hz.

the problem with radeon is that it has poor rtx performance, so even 2080 ti can compete with 6800 xt. with rtx, only sometimes it can actaully compete with 3080 without rtx, thats why many people realized waste of cash for rtx 

Just now, ComputerBuilder said:

the problem with radeon is that it has poor rtx performance, so even 2080 ti can compete with 6800 xt. with rtx, only sometimes it can actaully compete with 3080 without rtx, thats why many people realized waste of cash for rtx 

But Cyberpunk isn't even supporting raytracing at launch for AMD because of their poor performance. And many new games support dlss, which gives nvidia the lead.

plus much software has been optimized for green team, so radeon 6000 series was hype for me, then i say linus benchmark, and i craped my pants(joke)

3 hours ago, ComputerBuilder said:

the problem with radeon is that it has poor rtx

Rtx is just a gimmick like waggle controls or "4k"... 

What you should care about is video encoding, unless you don't care about encoding quality then it's of course no matter to you and you may decide which color of gpu you'd like better, as they really seem to perform very similar in *current gen* titles. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

You mean the new AMD 6800/6800 XT Vapor models....

Folding Stats

SYSTEM SPEC

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Motherboard Asus Strix B550i | RAM 32gb 3200 Crucial Ballistix | GPU Nvidia RTX 3070 Founder Edition | Cooling Barrow CPU/PUMP Block, EKWB Vector GPU Block, Corsair 280mm Radiator | Case NZXT H1 | Storage Sabrent Rocket 2tb, Samsung SM951 1tb

PSU NZXT S650 SFX Gold | Display Acer Predator XB271HU | Keyboard Corsair K70 Lux | Mouse Corsair M65 Pro  

Sound Logitech Z560 THX | Operating System Windows 10 Pro

11 hours ago, ComputerBuilder said:

This is very false.

11 hours ago, Chua said:

But Cyberpunk isn't even supporting raytracing at launch for AMD because of their poor performance. And many new games support dlss, which gives nvidia the lead.

Again, false.

1. All current games that have raytracing are exclusively optimized for Nvidia cards, which is why they appear to lead.

2. In no raytracing benchmark except official RTX Minecraft does a 2080TI beat the 6000 series. That one is due exclusively to Nvidia specific enhancements, not due to actual performance differences. (which is also the reason why Quake 2 RTX doesn't run on the 6000's)

3. Cyberpunk 2077 is trying to have the best optimizations it can across all platforms. They even delayed it because performance was horrible on the PS4 and XBone. They basically said their implementation of raytracing was horrible for anything but Nvidia cards at launch, not that the AMD raytracing hardware was worse in any way. Nvidia has a long history of deliberately doing things that artificially favor them when new technologies are introduced. (like using x87 for PhysX to prevent you from using it on AMD cards, until a software-based solution overtook it)

4. DLSS is not as prevalent as you seem to think it is, but if you play only those games at 4K, then it is a valid comparison point at this time. AMD is however working on their competitor, and that lead may be significantly reduced or removed in a few months.

5. Without RTX or DLSS in the equation, the 6800XT is about 3-5% faster than the 3080 on average, and if you introduce overclocking to the equation, it's trading blows with an overclocked 3090 instead. That's a $650 GPU being directly competitive with the $1500 card that Nvidia is "selling".

6. In titles that have AMD optimizations for raytracing, the 6000 series easily wipes the floor with the 3090. Just look at Dirt 5 for a good example.

CPURyzen 7 5800X Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO with push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO Case: Antec P5 PSU: Rosewill Capstone 750M

Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Case Fans: 2x Arctic P12 PWM Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms

I agree they seem to at once at the same level, in general performance, that wasn't the case for how many years? (I think probably about 15 but I'm not sure) 

Last AMD card I bought and actually used was an ATi X1950GT (fanless) and back then no one really cared about AMD or Nvidia, they were all the same... lol. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

I miss the days of ATI m, the 9700 Pro was a beast 

Work Rigs - 2015 15" MBP | 2019 15" MBP | 2021 16" M1 Max MBP | Lenovo ThinkPad T490 |

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X  |  MSI B550 Gaming Plus  |  64GB G.SKILL 3200 CL16 4x8GB |  AMD Reference RX 6800  |  WD Black SN750 1TB NVMe  |  Corsair RM750  |  Corsair H115i RGB Pro XT  |  Corsair 4000D  |  Dell S2721DGF  |

Fun Rig - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X  |  MSI B550 Tomahawk  |  32GB G.SKILL 3600 CL16 4x8GB |  AMD Reference 6800XT  | Creative Sound Blaster Z  |  WD Black SN850 500GB NVMe  |  WD Black SN750 2TB NVMe  |  WD Blue 1TB SATA SSD  |  Corsair RM850x  |  Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT  |  Corsair 4000D  |  LG 27GP850  |

my dad has like 10 million heat sink gpus in basement, when he had a million computers, old days sure were great