I cloned my new m.2 with my SSHD but everything is cloned.

WarManMike

I just finished after a long time of waiting for the cloning program to finish to find out that my cloning software ended up cloning everything instead of just windows. Now that I’ve done that, should I go ahead and delete stuff between the two drives or should I start over and install windows again???

I plan to use both drives but my M.2 for things I need most for like games and such. 
If I continue to go through and delete what i want from and for each drive, how’s the best way to go about uninstalling/deleting?

thanks!

That is what cloning does, copy all the data from one drive to another. If you want just windows you can install it fresh from a USB boot drive.

I will recommend an NHu12s (or an NHd15 (maybe)) for your PC build. Quote or @ me @Prodigy_Smit for me to see your replies.

PSU Teir List | Howdy! A Windows Hello Alternative 

Desktop :

i7 8700 | Quadro P4000 8GB |  64gb 2933Mhz cl18 | 500 GB Samsung 960 Pro | 1tb SSD Samsung 850 evo

Laptop :

ASUS G14 | R9 5900hs | RTX 3060 | 16GB 3200Mhz | 1 TB SSD

30 minutes ago, Smit Devrukhkar said:

That is what cloning does, copy all the data from one drive to another. If you want just windows you can install it fresh from a USB boot drive.

Okay so how do I wipe the new drive and start over with a fresh windows install with my old drive still having the current windows? In addition, when I finish that, how can I uninstall windows from the old drive?

1 hour ago, WarManMike said:

Okay so how do I wipe the new drive and start over with a fresh windows install with my old drive still having the current windows? In addition, when I finish that, how can I uninstall windows from the old drive?

1) Do you want to backup any data? 2) When you enter windows installation setup, after you have made a boot usb drive from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

You'll have the option to wipe both drives.

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

5 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

1) Do you want to backup any data? 2) When you enter windows installation setup, after you have made a boot usb drive from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

You'll have the option to wipe both drives.

I do not wish to wipe both only the newer one so that I can install windows on there and then install/transfer what else I see that is necessary.

Just now, WarManMike said:

I do not wish to wipe both only the newer one so that I can install windows on there and then install/transfer what else I see that is necessary.

I also have a usb flash with win 10 on it when I had initially built my computer, I would assume use that again?

1 minute ago, WarManMike said:

Ok then you do that. Wipe newest one, and then after entering windows on newer drive, you can delete the windows partition of the 2nd.

Yes, but it's not the newest build. If you want the newest version of windows without having to update after installing, then you just make a new usb disk.

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

10 hours ago, DoctorNick said:

Ok then you do that. Wipe newest one, and then after entering windows on newer drive, you can delete the windows partition of the 2nd.

Yes, but it's not the newest build. If you want the newest version of windows without having to update after installing, then you just make a new usb disk.

Before I plug in the usb drive, do I need to wipe the new disk or do I do that during the windows install? Sorry I’m not sure how to wipe the disk properly for this

20 minutes ago, WarManMike said:

Before I plug in the usb drive, do I need to wipe the new disk or do I do that during the windows install? Sorry I’m not sure how to wipe the disk properly for this

Yes you can delete the files from the disk during the windows install (make sure to wipe ever partition

FS in Denmark/EU:

36 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

Yes you can delete the files from the disk during the windows install (make sure to wipe ever partition

Okay so whenever I start up my computer with the flash drive in, it starts up normally without going through a windows set up. I think this is because of the boot order. The boot order has the SSD with windows on it already from the cloning. How should I go about this? 

Press F12 when boot screen appears. It's ok to use Google 

FS in Denmark/EU: