Apple caught by hackers spying its users doing... Anything!

Furiku

Summary

You've been deceived. Apple has been spying on its users.

Thanks to skilled programmers who noticed this behaviour and have published a data dump which proves that Apple is literally watching you do... everything.

Apple has been collecting data on things such as every program you open on 11.0 Big Sur: Date, Time, Computer, ISP, City, State, Application Hash.

Apple is sending this data unencrypted to their own servers, which is how they got caught when their own server crashed.

apple_research_kit_privacy.0.0.jpg.85398c7f19379516984c8033a0a54513.jpg

Quotes

1. These OCSP requests are transmitted unencrypted. Everyone who can see the network can see these, including your ISP and anyone who has tapped their cables.

2. These requests go to a third-party CDN run by another company, Akamai.

3. Since October of 2012, Apple is a partner in the US military intelligence community’s PRISM spying program, which grants the US federal police and military unfettered access to this data without a warrant, any time they ask for it. In the first half of 2019 they did this over 18,000 times, and another 17,500+ times in the second half of 2019.

My thoughts

I think it was always obvious that Apple or any other larger company suggesting they'd care about data privacy of their customers is mostly just marketing speech. Especially since they started their own ad network.

Sources

https://sneak.berlin/20201112/your-computer-isnt-yours/

https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=25074959

https://mobile.twitter.com/llanga/status/1326989724704268289

This has been reported on already here: 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

1 minute ago, Skiiwee29 said:

This has been reported on already here: 

Multiple times as well.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

4 minutes ago, Furiku said:

I think it was always obvious that Apple or any other larger company suggesting they'd care about data privacy of their customers is mostly just marketing speech. Especially since they started their own ad network.

Yeah, its true but its already been posted on Linus Tips

Oh no, what's your next breaking revelation? That Google actually does read my emails and that's how they know what ads to show to me? Unthinkable!

You realize that this entire "story" spreading around like wildfire is total misinformation, right?

The data is from GateKeeper, the cloud anti-malware built into Macs. It sends a hash of the program when you open it to Apple and it's checked against trusted developer certificates. If a developer gets caught releasing malicious code, Apple revokes the certificate and the App won't open.

You're literally whining about anti-malware functionality. This isn't even new, it's been around for almost a decade, everyone knows it exists. How this misinformation is getting regurgitated so hard right now all over social media is beyond me.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

1 minute ago, Chionele said:

Oh no, what's your next breaking revelation? That Google actually does read my emails and that's how they know what ads to show to me? Unthinkable!

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!

You need to start a post on that in the Tech News!

Thread locked.

Please check for existing news posts discussing topics before posting. This has been posted multiple times already.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450