Noctua nf-f12 pwm chromax or arctic p12

Rothhaus
Go to solution Solved by Stahlmann,

I have had both of them. The arctic are great value. In terms of performance they're about the same, but the noctua is quite a bit better when it comes to noise. You have to decide if noise is worth it to you. If not, go for arctic.

Which one of these fans would provide a better static pressure? I need two new fans for my case, they're gonna be exhaust fans and they have to be able to push air through a dust filter. I cant really find any comparisons online so I was hoping someone in here had experience with both fans. 

P12. If you want Noctua, you can go with NF-P12, A12x25, NF-P12 redux, chromax

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

4 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

P12. If you want Noctua, you can go with NF-P12, A12x25, NF-P12 redux, chromax

static pressure wise they're the same?

I have had both of them. The arctic are great value. In terms of performance they're about the same, but the noctua is quite a bit better when it comes to noise. You have to decide if noise is worth it to you. If not, go for arctic.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

Have you considered the NF-A12x25? A very good all rounder fan. It’s a bit pricey and only available in brown and beige but overall it’s a very good fan for case or heat sink. 

CPU i7 14700K | CPU Cooler Noctua NH-U12A | Motherboard MSI Pro Z690-A | GPU Zotac Airo RTX 4080 | RAM 32 GB GSkill Ripjaws V 4400
Mhz |
 Monitor Alienware AW2721D / Gigabyte M28U | PSU ASUS ROG Strix 850G

12 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

This

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

13 minutes ago, vsral said:

Why would you have a dust filter for exhaust?

I agree, completely overlooked this

FS in Denmark/EU:

3 hours ago, vsral said:

Why would you have a dust filter for exhaust?

its just the way my pc case is made, on top there is a dust filter which I think is to prevent any dust from falling into the case, if it wasn't there dust would just go inside when the pc is off. Its a corsair icue 465 rgb case.

Udklip.PNG

4 hours ago, Bobbysixjp said:

Have you considered the NF-A12x25? A very good all rounder fan. It’s a bit pricey and only available in brown and beige but overall it’s a very good fan for case or heat sink. 

I have actually, alot of times, heard really good things about them, I just can't stand that poop brown colour they have. If they made them in black I would buy them.

8 hours ago, Rothhaus said:

I have actually, alot of times, heard really good things about them, I just can't stand that poop brown colour they have. If they made them in black I would buy them.

Actually the 'poop brown colour' doesn't look too bad (in my opinion).

IMG_3879.jpg

CPU i7 14700K | CPU Cooler Noctua NH-U12A | Motherboard MSI Pro Z690-A | GPU Zotac Airo RTX 4080 | RAM 32 GB GSkill Ripjaws V 4400
Mhz |
 Monitor Alienware AW2721D / Gigabyte M28U | PSU ASUS ROG Strix 850G