should I buy overseas products? i'm more concern to compatibility

jumbo9i0

I lives in USA. I see a asus rog strix b450 motherboard that is so cheap on sales in taobao international. Even the shipping is added and still very cheap.

Should overseas products work in my country?

If it's too good to be true, it's a scam. Unless it's trusted. I never buy or even search for stuff in Taobao.

9 minutes ago, jumbo9i0 said:

All overseas products are the same as the ones in your own country besides certain mobile devices i.e Samsung Snapdragon vs exynos.

I will recommend an NHu12s (or an NHd15 (maybe)) for your PC build. Quote or @ me @Prodigy_Smit for me to see your replies.

PSU Teir List | Howdy! A Windows Hello Alternative 

Desktop :

i7 8700 | Quadro P4000 8GB |  64gb 2933Mhz cl18 | 500 GB Samsung 960 Pro | 1tb SSD Samsung 850 evo

Laptop :

ASUS G14 | R9 5900hs | RTX 3060 | 16GB 3200Mhz | 1 TB SSD

1 minute ago, Smit Devrukhkar said:

All overseas products are the same as the ones in your own country besides certain mobile devices i.e Samsung Snapdragon vs exynos.

Not really for computer parts. If you follow close with the supply chain, there are some product with different components selling in China vs US.

3 minutes ago, Smit Devrukhkar said:

Yes and no, sometimes they offer different warranties and support for different regions. Sometimes buying from outside your region will leave you with no warranty support. Can literally be the exact same physical item but because it's the wrong serial number or part number for your region you're out of luck.

8 minutes ago, Bitter said:

Yes and no, sometimes they offer different warranties and support for different regions. Sometimes buying from outside your region will leave you with no warranty support. Can literally be the exact same physical item but because it's the wrong serial number or part number for your region you're out of luck.

9 minutes ago, Dango said:

Not really for computer parts. If you follow close with the supply chain, there are some product with different components selling in China vs US.

Well I stand corrected. But afik it should remain as the same compatibility among parts of his region which OP asked for. 

I will recommend an NHu12s (or an NHd15 (maybe)) for your PC build. Quote or @ me @Prodigy_Smit for me to see your replies.

PSU Teir List | Howdy! A Windows Hello Alternative 

Desktop :

i7 8700 | Quadro P4000 8GB |  64gb 2933Mhz cl18 | 500 GB Samsung 960 Pro | 1tb SSD Samsung 850 evo

Laptop :

ASUS G14 | R9 5900hs | RTX 3060 | 16GB 3200Mhz | 1 TB SSD

35 minutes ago, jumbo9i0 said:

I lives in USA. I see a asus rog strix b450 motherboard that is so cheap on sales in taobao international. Even the shipping is added and still very cheap.

Umm...  you do know that there is very little in the way of heavy or light industry left i. The US at all and hasn’t been for a long time right?  I think the ship has long ago sailed on that one.  My shoes have been better traveled than me since I was a kid.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

54 minutes ago, jumbo9i0 said:

Sometimes there are minor product differents between US, EU, Chinese, African etc products due to laws, or other minor reasons but for the most part everything is made in China, Taiwan, Malaysia etc, even the ASUS motherboard you'd buy in a shop in the USA, 9/10 was made in either China or Taiwan. They almost all follow the PC spec, even in other countries, the board would most likely work if legit, but might have a different BIOS (like defaults to chinese or has slightly different options) however B450 boards are not that expensive, and the board is probably refurbished or repaired or otherwise scavenged but I guess it's possible it's from a sale or some company went under. 

Yours faithfully

I wouldnt risk buying overseas, could take the slow boat, could get hung up in outgoing customs of sellers country, then if its damaged or you want to return then LOL good luck with that LOL

Depends. Should be fne if you have international shipping. Don't know if you're in the US, but here in DK shipping from Shenzen is fast! (about 2 weeks)

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

in terms of if the products will work; yes.

But you have just better hope that there is no issues with it unless the manufacturer has a global warranty. International warranties are some of the most painful things you can deal with

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

2 hours ago, Dango said:

Not worth the trouble and potential wait.

I won't even buy from ebay if ship from China. Unless it's the only option.

Chinese ebay sellers usually ship pretty fast compared to a few years ago. Packages usually arive within two weeks, somestimes even just over one week. I like to buy old used parts

With PC parts, only PSUs used to be different. Not anymore as the tech has advanced enough.

The main difference is with full products, like laptops and many mobile devices where models and configurations are different between regions.

Usually we don't see question in this way. Usually its other way around, so I don't have easy answer. But I think the same principles apply. You need to pay for import tax and customs if price goes over certain threshold. Even if seller would go around the regulations by sending as gift (these are easy to catch if sender is company). Any warranty issue might go with manufacturer if the product is sealed and new, otherwise it would go with seller. Isn't Taobao marketplace rather than retailer?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv