how many people managed to get a ryzen 5000 cpu

7 minutes ago, Smackaroy said:

i managed to be lucky so i got one 

I was just gonna get a 5600x, but it got out of stock by the time I added other parts,  and pressed checkout, it was out of stock on newegg kw

So much for AMD's guidelines. I think they should axe all sellers who didn't follow guidelines. lol That'd be funny. 

I tried to get my hands on a 5900, but even tho I was refreshing pages since early in the morning, I was not able to get one.

But to be honest I don't mind that. I don't think AMD will pull an Nvidia and have no stock for months. I'm sure there will be more available relatively shortly.

10 minutes ago, FangerZero said:

So much for AMD's guidelines. I think they should axe all sellers who didn't follow guidelines. lol That'd be funny. 

I believe AMD's guidelines were made specifically for the 6000 series cards, not the CPUs.

It might be intuitive to think that they also apply here, but they're for separate products

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

26 minutes ago, Chris Fortune said:

So you are just having a flex then, don't blame you as I did to and am using your post as an excuse to do the same

not trying to im just curious of the availability. i know i got lucky and im glad i did and i feel bad for people who wanted one and didn't get one hopefully they can get one soon though

27 minutes ago, Ankh tech tips said:

I was just gonna get a 5600x, but it got out of stock by the time I added other parts,  and pressed checkout, it was out of stock on newegg kw

that sucks hopefully you can get one soon. currently I'm waiting on rtx 3000 cards to come back in stock because i didn't manage to get 1  

Just now, Smackaroy said:

not trying to im just curious of the availability. i know i got lucky and im glad i did and i feel bad for people who wanted one and didn't get one hopefully they can get one soon though

Was just having a bit of fun at both of our expense tbh, still waiting on delivery confirmation here but payment has been taken which for the shop I used normally means they are ready to pick and ship. In UK where I looked all were gone in mins with the exception of eBuyer where they were down at the launch time. 

4 minutes ago, Smackaroy said:

that sucks hopefully you can get one soon. currently I'm waiting on rtx 3000 cards to come back in stock because i didn't manage to get 1  

i might as well wait and get a 6800, smart access memory seems nice, and I can hopefully save more

I got a 5600X, but i am having buyer's remoarse. Looked through several benchmarks and found out there is barely any difference in 7 3700X compared to the 5600X. It comes tomorrow for me anyways, so ill just test the two I guess. 

CASE: NZXT H510 ELITE MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming (WIFI 6) CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 4.7GHz (ZEN 3COOLING: Arctic Freezer II AIO 280mm RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 3200MHz CL15 GPU: NVIDIA RTX 3080 Founder's Edition PSU: Thermaltake RGB 850w 80+ Gold STORAGE: SSD Samsung 860 EVO 250GB // M.2 NVME WD BLACK 1TB // M.2 NVME Samsung 970 EVO 1TB // HDD Seagate 2TB OS: Windows 10 Home x64 Bit MONITORS: LG 27GN850-B @144Hz 1440p // Acer XF270H @144Hz 1080p MOUSE: Razer Viper Ultimate Mercury White KEYBOARD: Razer Huntsman TKL (w/ Razer Mercury White Keycaps) HEADSET: HyperX Cloud Flight

I have order confirmation for ryzen 9 5950x, no shipping confirmation yet.  I may be waiting for restock before it ships, I at least have place in line in.

Plan to use with 5700xt, it can max out my monitor when gaming, I have a lot of cpu intensive programs that have low gpu needs.  And tend to do things like have multiple monitors with other programs running when gaming.  I'll probably upgrade gpu once 8gb vram becomes issue, so radeon vii would be better then 3080 in my oddball use case.  So may go with rdna2 later or skip the gpu generation for hopper/rdna3.

Update, got email saying backorder.  They took money and are shipping when they get a restock.  

Well I thought I had got a 5800x

It was in stock when I ordered but must have changed to pre order when checking out and I don't notice. 

Order not showing on website but have my confirmation email. Gutted

Might just go for the 5600x of my local still has them. 

Folding Stats

SYSTEM SPEC

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Motherboard Asus Strix B550i | RAM 32gb 3200 Crucial Ballistix | GPU Nvidia RTX 3070 Founder Edition | Cooling Barrow CPU/PUMP Block, EKWB Vector GPU Block, Corsair 280mm Radiator | Case NZXT H1 | Storage Sabrent Rocket 2tb, Samsung SM951 1tb

PSU NZXT S650 SFX Gold | Display Acer Predator XB271HU | Keyboard Corsair K70 Lux | Mouse Corsair M65 Pro  

Sound Logitech Z560 THX | Operating System Windows 10 Pro

I "preordered" a 5800X from B&H about 5 min before the launch... It's currently sitting on backorder, with a first-come response system. Hopefullt I'll have one before the 6800XT gets here. ;)

CPURyzen 7 5800X with Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO & push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 12 M 1000W GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO & 2x Arctic P12 PWM fans Case: Antec P5

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms

1 hour ago, DHV0 said:

I got a 5600X, but i am having buyer's remoarse. Looked through several benchmarks and found out there is barely any difference in 7 3700X compared to the 5600X. It comes tomorrow for me anyways, so ill just test the two I guess. 

Really in gaming or multi threaded 

I attempted to buy a 5900x this morning. I was ready as soon as it went live. I had it in my card, but accidentally added the newegg "warranty". In the time it took me to remove the warranty and click pay, it was out of stock. Probably less than 5 seconds.

I got one, found one site here in the uk still have 5800x's even an hour after launch

8 minutes ago, Raz Ghost said:

I got one, found one site here in the uk still have 5800x's even an hour after launch

Was that eBuyer?

43 minutes ago, Smackaroy said:

Really in gaming or multi threaded 

Gaming

CASE: NZXT H510 ELITE MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming (WIFI 6) CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 4.7GHz (ZEN 3COOLING: Arctic Freezer II AIO 280mm RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 3200MHz CL15 GPU: NVIDIA RTX 3080 Founder's Edition PSU: Thermaltake RGB 850w 80+ Gold STORAGE: SSD Samsung 860 EVO 250GB // M.2 NVME WD BLACK 1TB // M.2 NVME Samsung 970 EVO 1TB // HDD Seagate 2TB OS: Windows 10 Home x64 Bit MONITORS: LG 27GN850-B @144Hz 1440p // Acer XF270H @144Hz 1080p MOUSE: Razer Viper Ultimate Mercury White KEYBOARD: Razer Huntsman TKL (w/ Razer Mercury White Keycaps) HEADSET: HyperX Cloud Flight

I didn't get one myself yet, however they are still available in my local store (Slovenia) but are priced higher:

- 5600x = 433e

- 5800x = 663e

- 5900x = sold out

- 5950x = 1150e 

so I'll wait for these to drop

I stood in line waiting for Memory Express to open for around 1.5Hrs but didn't manage to walk out with a 5900x. I could have gotten a 5800x no problem but alas I only walked out with the motherboard and no CPU. I did manage to be one of the first people to preorder as I think I was like the 17th or 18th person in line so hopefully in a week or two I can have my precious.

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz

There was a line and no CPUs at Microcenter when I got there.  Appears they got a shipment after I left...

I fully anticipate to have one by next week sometime its way better availability than 3080 and I got one of those from Microcenter 3 weeks in.

AMD 7950x / Asus Strix B650E / 64GB @ 6000c30 / 2TB Samsung 980 Pro Heatsink 4.0x4 / 7.68TB Samsung PM9A3 / 3.84TB Samsung PM983 / 44TB Synology 1522+ / MSI Gaming Trio 4090 / EVGA G6 1000w /Thermaltake View71 / LG C1 48in OLED

Custom water loop EK Vector AM4, D5 pump, Coolstream 420 radiator

1 hour ago, Chris Fortune said:

Was that eBuyer?

Never checked ebuyer, I got 1 from scan and 1 from ccl (scan took forever to process payment hence why I ended up with 2) overclockers uk had them in stock for ages.

If you know someone who is after a 5800X point them to me as I just want to get my money back.

Just now, Raz Ghost said:

Never checked ebuyer, I got 1 from scan and 1 from ccl (scan took forever to process payment hence why I ended up with 2) overclockers uk had them in stock for ages.

If you know someone who is after a 5800X point them to me as I just want to get my money back.

I had issues with overclockers, could get it in the basket but couldn't get to the basket to complete, scan worked fine for me the site was slow but was getting email confirmations well ahead of website responding so I just assumed traffic to the site was being a pig

1 hour ago, DHV0 said:

Gaming

Then the reviewer either wasn't using a controlled environment for testing, or was lying. The 5600X trades blows with the 10900K in gaming.

CPURyzen 7 5800X with Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO & push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 12 M 1000W GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO & 2x Arctic P12 PWM fans Case: Antec P5

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms