Is it OK to pair a i7-7700 with a GTX 560ti for everyday tasks (no gaming)

whummy

because of COVID I am pretty broke right now but my uncle is offering to give me some of his spare computer parts to help me upgrade my computer for dirt cheap, practically charity, really. right now my setup, it's just a kaby lake pentium, and no GPU.

Well, the i7-7700 is a great deal. but as you guys know the GTX 560ti is a very old GPU for 2020. Unfortunately I don't have more than $50 to spend on GPU right now, which probably wouldn't get me much better anyway.

I'm wondering first if the i7/560ti will be OK for a PC that will do stuff like photo editing, browsing, video playback, that sort of thing. I have no plans to game on this PC. Only thing I can think that would be GPU intensive is my buddy does twitch and asks me sometimes to screen record his stream if I'm watching. Not sure whether the 560 could handle that or not.   

I always hear about bottlenecking with gaming, but wanted to know if this would cause performance issues for stuff outside of gaming. Also, I wanted to ask whether the GPU even gives me any benefit over the integrated graphics of the kaby lake i7, which is newer, in which case I might not worry about the dedicated GPU unless you guys think I would still get some benefit to having it.

Thanks very much for any help. 

If you aren't gaming then there is no need for the gpu really. The 560ti whilst old can totally play games up to the 2014 mark pretty decently so if you want you can do that. Even modern esports titles and simpler indie games run mostly fine on it.

6 minutes ago, whummy said:

Well, the i7-7700 is a great deal. but as you guys know the GTX 560ti is a very old GPU for 2020

I myself have a 4790k and my sister 7700k so I can say that a 7700 is stille totally fine in 2020. The GPU however is pretty bad and will hold you massively back.

The GTX 560 Ti has about 2.5 times the performance of the i7-7700 HD 630 igpu. Both are fine for most of the work contemplated. The discrete gpu would offer much better display performance. If Photoshop is being used, it might also offer some additional performance improvements. Streaming would not be great.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.