when the retailer price of RTX cards is equal to the price of the scalpers

luckysury333
2 minutes ago, luckysury333 said:

AMD pls. reduce the price.

Yeah sure AMD will reduce the prices of Nvidia cards ? 😂 BTW that Zotac card is priced so high due to your beloved government taxing the heck out of PC parts. Almost 40-45% Import taxes have to be paid

-> Moved to Graphics Cards

Tech News is place for news, this isn't news. If you plant to post there in future, please check the guidelines first:

As for this, the two cards are not same model, and so can't be directly compared. Also without knowing how that sites pricing works (as in is the pricing same in other stores), that high price could be result of pricing error or pricing based on demand/clicks vs there being negative stock. Amazon is known to pricing stuff like that for example.

Overall, seems like people are freaking out bit too much over this. Not the end of the world.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

Tech News is place for news, this isn't news. If you plant to post there in future, please check the guidelines first:

Ok I didnt know much about it. This is the first time in LTT Forums. Also one card is RTX 3080, and the other is 3090 and I didn't compare those. I am just saying the normal price of these cards are higher than the scalper prices in ebay.

1 minute ago, luckysury333 said:

Ok I didnt know much about it. This is the first time in LTT Forums. Also one card is RTX 3080, and the other is 3090 and I didn't compare those. I am just saying the normal price of these cards are higher than the scalper prices in ebay.

The guidelines are both linked and pinned at the top of each subforum if there are any.

As for the content, we don't really know what the scalper pricing in India is vs the store pricing. Most of LTT audience still comes from US, CAN, Europe and AUS.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Doesnt India have high import tax on luxery items?

Folding Stats

SYSTEM SPEC

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Motherboard Asus Strix B550i | RAM 32gb 3200 Crucial Ballistix | GPU Nvidia RTX 3070 Founder Edition | Cooling Barrow CPU/PUMP Block, EKWB Vector GPU Block, Corsair 280mm Radiator | Case NZXT H1 | Storage Sabrent Rocket 2tb, Samsung SM951 1tb

PSU NZXT S650 SFX Gold | Display Acer Predator XB271HU | Keyboard Corsair K70 Lux | Mouse Corsair M65 Pro  

Sound Logitech Z560 THX | Operating System Windows 10 Pro

I feel your pain. Here in south africa they also extremely expensive.

image.png.ac15f8813d8e8891cbf92e3394ef74a2.png

3070 go from R14500 ($903) to R17400 ($1078)

image.png.408ed90a95346b50b0c8f61f382531c9.png

3080 go from R19200 ($1196) to R25000 ($1558)

For reference import tax is only 10% and Vat is 15%. 

The PS5 and Xbox Series X go for R12000 ($748).

Most of the time for Graphics cards its cheaper to order from Newegg or Amazon and import them yourself than buying from a retailer.

Just don't buy them at those prices. Not from scalpers and not from retailers. Doing so just shows people still have too much money and they'll just jack up the prices. NVIDIA only "lowered" the prices and made RTX 3090 "only" cost 1500€ just so they could charge 2500€ for the Titan card when they release one. And you can damn well know all the idiots will just buy one. I had RTX 3080 preordered for around 870€, that's with the damn 22% VAT and 20€ shipping included. Which is sort of normal for such graphic card. After I canceled the order as cards were nowhere to be found, the prices jumped to almost 1000€. There is NO way I'd ever pay that much. I'll just wait till the prices drop back to what they should cost. People who sold their RTX 2080Ti and GTX 1080Ti in advance are stupid. Unless you're so short on money that you need to sell one in order to have money to buy new one. Then it sucks. But I rather lose some more on my GTX 1080Ti than be unable to play anything for 2 months. I'd go insane.

6 hours ago, shaz2sxy said:

Doesnt India have high import tax on luxery items?

Starts laughing in 40% Import tax and also GST, which is like VAT but Indian and worse