Silverstone SST-SX600-G - 600 Watt SFX PSU

MrSuperb

Sweet Jesus I need this..... RVZ01B + this thing = I can actually run a decent GPU and a 4790k with a little wiggle room. Please, if anyone gets a potential release date, throw it up here stat

soonish. It alreay has been 80Plus tested ;)

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

• 2 weeks later...

product page is up:

http://www.silverstonetek.com/product_power.php?tno=1&area=de

and it has been listed at various dealers in europe (not in stock yet)

http://geizhals.at/eu/silverstone-strider-series-600w-sfx12v-sst-sx600-g-a1133959.html

according to alternate.de available from july 8th :D

Doesn't sound too far off, though I will still say they are taking their dear time with it.

Well ... now I am not sure if I should order the 600 Watt standard SFX version or wait for the 500 Watt version with 120mm fan ...

Why oh why did they have announce two models : /

Well ... now I am not sure if I should order the 600 Watt standard SFX version or wait for the 500 Watt version with 120mm fan ...

Why oh why did they have announce two models : /

isn't the 600w model demi-passive anyway?

isn't the 600w model semi-passive anyway?

yep, still also the 500Watt model is and when the fan kicks in I'd guess the 500Watt model would be more silent :D

What does semi-fanless even mean LOL

does it have a real fan or not :lol:

(edit: Yes I know what it means, it just sounds ridiculous)

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"

Very impressive but I'll be surprised if it runs cool and quiet under load. The new SFX-L form factor sounds more interesting to me.  

Very impressive but I'll be surprised if it runs cool and quiet under load. The new SFX-L form factor sounds more interesting to me.  

Well if you have components that really draw 500-600Watt in a small case (SFX wouldn't make much sense otherwise) the PSU probably isn't the only noise generator ;)

Well if you have components that really draw 500-600Watt in a small case (SFX wouldn't make much sense otherwise) the PSU probably isn't the only noise generator ;)

For small cases that don't support ATX PSUs, your right. I was thinking more about cases like the Prodigy and Node 304 that support ATX PSUs but have some restrictions on the length making it difficult to fit many modular PSUs. SFX-L looks like it could be the solution. 

So now that a Silverstone Raven whatever can get up to 600w of juice it can theoretically support overlocking and custom water loops at least in theory

-------

Current Rig

-------

bad news

Just an update, we did encounter a couple of problems during initial production of SX600-G so we only had very limited quantities available from this batch. All were already spoken for by our system integrator customers so you won't be seeing SX600-G for a while yet in retail channels.

: /

bad news

: /

Yeah so it confirms that it was indeed too good to be true. Honestly I'm starting to think that if you can't power it with 450 watts you shouldn't fit it on the kind of cases that use SFX.

I'm sure that things will get better in the future though, but not quite there.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Yeah so it confirms that it was indeed too good to be true.

?

It has been proven that it is possible, but this is not like your average 800 Watt ATX gold PSU to manufacture.

They will figure it out and we will get our hands on it ;)

?

It has been proven that it is possible, but this is not like your average 800 Watt ATX gold PSU to manufacture.

They will figure it out and we will get our hands on it ;)

Fair enough let me rephrase that statement: It may be too good to make sense for mass production and/or reasonable prices, meaning it is technically possible but their manufacturing yields are not there yet.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Honestly I'm starting to think that if you can't power it with 450 watts you shouldn't fit it on the kind of cases that use SFX.

I want the 600watt not really for that but for the silent operation. If they have the 450 or even 500 watt with a one of those hybrid fans I would buy it right now. 450 is just enough for 780 and an unlocked i5 although you won't be doing too much overclocking. 

I want the 600watt not really for that but for the silent operation. If they have the 450 or even 500 watt with a one of those hybrid fans I would buy it right now. 450 is just enough for 780 and an unlocked i5 although you won't be doing too much overclocking. 

Actually quiet operation is quite a good reason and would be nice to have the option to pay more for that, good thinking.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Actually quiet operation is quite a good reason and would be nice to have the option to pay more for that, good thinking.

I actually have been doing some research on the 450 watt modular psu already out and turns out that the fan in it ramps up as temperature goes up and not the load. So I was thinking in my NCASE build, I could getto rig another fan to push air into the psu from the outside and maybe that'll keep it cool enough to not ramp the fan speed up because I doubt the 600 watt will come out in time for me. Silverstone replied to my email and said they can't give a precise release date which pretty much means it's probably at least a few months off. 

I got news! I pushed Silverstone a little bit harder and they said it might be at the end of next month. And as a bonus, apparently it can support the Titan Z lol. It's too late for me so I guess I'll have to go with the ST45SF-G model. 

Silverstone Support

• 1 month later...

I got news! I pushed Silverstone a little bit harder and they said it might be at the end of next month. And as a bonus, apparently it can support the Titan Z lol. It's too late for me so I guess I'll have to go with the ST45SF-G model. 

Great news! Hopefully receiving my NCASE M1 V2 by the end of this month and then getting this bad boy with it :D

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black