Is this list best bang for buck for my friend's budget? Or are there better alternatives for it?

Budget (including currency): 1350

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Just games really 

Other details: 

Hello, a friend of mine needs advice advice on a budget pc of under 1350 AUD (Cannot go overboard) and so I made this parts list and went over here to see if any improvements can be made. (Sorry if it gives you cancer, I don't know much about bottlenecking and stuff). Anyway here is the list.

I just made this list

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3300X 3.8 GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($228.00 @ Device Deal) 
Motherboard: ASRock B450 Steel Legend ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($140.00 @ Kogan) 
Memory: G.Skill Aegis 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($95.00 @ PC Byte) 
Storage: Kingston A2000 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($87.10 @ Amazon Australia) 
Video Card: Asus Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB TUF Gaming X3 EVO OC Video Card  ($579.00 @ Centre Com) 
Case: Phanteks Eclipse P300A Mesh ATX Mid Tower Case  ($97.90 @ Newegg Australia) 
Power Supply: EVGA BQ 600 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  ($119.90 @ Newegg Australia) 
Total: $1346.90

IT's pretty similar but better.

The memory is the same speed but cheaper, a NVMe drive will be faster than a SATA SSD for not that much more, the cooler on this model is slightly better than the one you chose, and the case I chose has much better airflow but its a matter of ascetics if you don't like the look of it you can choose a different one.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Not sure a 500w will work well for a5700xt and a ryzen2 chip. Not because it’s not enough average current. The problem is they both have momentary power spiking behavior.  AMD recommends 650w for 5700xt.  If both cpu and gpu spike at the same time it could pop the over current.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

5 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Not sure a 500w will work well for a5700xt and a ryzen2 chip. Not because it’s not enough average current. The problem is they both have momentary power spiking behavior.  AMD recommends 650w for 5700xt.  If both cpu and gpu spike at the same time it could pop the over current.

For Vega that was the case but the RX 5000 series doesn't have problems with transient power draw

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

3 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

For Vega that was the case but the RX 5000 series doesn't have problems with transient power draw

Could be I suppose.  I didn’t have any issues for the brief time I owned one, but I got a big PSU. I heard the spike thing was a problem for anything that boosts a lot. I’m talking very very short duration stuff. Fractions of a second. Stuff so short you need higher end equipment to even detect it.  Two pieces of evidence:  the strange increase in PSU failure in troubleshooting forums, and this post by a chinese dude (who did have the equipment) talking about it.  Electricity travels at more or less the speed of light.  I could see a monitor program not seeing it but a PSU popping anyway.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

3 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Could be I suppose.  I didn’t have any issues for the brief time I owned one, but I got a big PSU. I heard the spike thing was a problem for anything that boosts a lot. I’m talking very very short duration stuff. Fractions of a second. Stuff so short you need higher end equipment to even detect it.  Two pieces of evidence:  the strange increase in PSU failure in troubleshooting forums, and this post by a chinese dude (who did have the equipment) talking about it.  Electricity travels at more or less the speed of light.  I could see a monitor program not seeing it but a PSU popping anyway.

Only 5700 SKUs or all navi? My roommate is currently running a CX 550 and 5600XT with a ryzen 5 2600 (overclocked)

Primary PC:

2 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Only 5700 SKUs or all navi? My roommate is currently running a CX 550 and 5600XT with a ryzen 5 2600 (overclocked)

Everything that’s new. CPU or GPU.  part of it is how fast the over current protection is on a given PSU.  They’re apparently that short.

Just now, Bombastinator said:

Everything that’s new. CPU or GPU.  part of it is how fast the over current protection is on a given PSU.  They’re apparently that short.

I recall @LukeSavenijetries to avoid letting PSUs with bad transient response into the A tier of the tier list but since it's not one of the explicit criteria maybe it's not a factor here

Primary PC:

16 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

I recall @LukeSavenijetries to avoid letting PSUs with bad transient response into the A tier of the tier list but since it's not one of the explicit criteria maybe it's not a factor here

Might not be.  I don’t know that the 500 won’t work. It would require an unlikely event to occur.  The thing is though that if you do something often enough unlikely events eventually happen.  Cancer isn’t just an unlikely event it’s a series of unlikely events.  Conventional wisdom though says everyone who lives long enough will eventually get cancer though.  It’s not a question of if they will get it, it’s if something else gets them first.  Even if the spike thing is an issue and the PSU can’t handle it the machine might live out it’s life and never see it.

Edited by Bombastinator

Hi,

Prizes in down under are really crazy, all over the place. The build looks ok to me. Maybe consider a 3100X to free up some Budget for 1TB SSD like a A2000 or a SN550. 500GB are really small these days. GTA5 oder red dead redemption easily take 90 GB each.  

You could although think about a R5 3600 and a 5600x. The 3300x might a little Bottleneck for the 5700xt. Additionally changing a graphicscard in the future is pretty easy while changing cpu is more of a hassle.

6 hours ago, Fasauceome said:

we do indeed require it to be within ATX specification for 12v and 5v for tier A, but if you mean transient shutdowns, they get moved to low priority when discovered to be a wider problem

I'd honestly wait until video cards are more available and get one of the newer ones, or if you're going with the old gen, buy a used one. They're simply not worth paying retail for. What games does he play? You're going to rapidly run out of space with a 512GB drive.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red