Cant boot from ssd with "Reboot and select proper boot device" error

So, I have a Samsung 250gb M.2 with windows installed, and the only way I can boot into it is boot manager (I obviously no longer want to do this because I only have 1 OS)

Everytime i try to boot into it like a normal person, I get the "Please restart and select a proper boot device" screen. The drive is currently the only drive installed, there are no USBs plugged in, and its set up properly in the bios for priority, I even tried resetting the bios and clearing CMOS. I'm at a loss..

What mobo are you using? 

Since you can get into Win, boot into safe mode (or boot Recovery mode from a Win install disk), open an admin cmd prompt, and type these four commands, enter after each, to rebuild your Master Boot Record:

bootrec /FixMbr
bootrec /FixBoot
bootrec /ScanOs
bootrec /RebuildBcd

10 minutes ago, thermalgoop said:

What mobo are you using? 

Since you can get into Win, boot into safe mode (or boot Recovery mode from a Win install disk), open an admin cmd prompt, and type these four commands, enter after each, to rebuild your Master Boot Record:

bootrec /FixMbr

bootrec /FixBoot

bootrec /ScanOs

bootrec /RebuildBcd

It seems since I reset my CMOS I have also lost the ability to enter boot manager. So now I have no access to windows either, and when I plug in my windows media, it still says the same thing. So, now I'm really lost.

2 hours ago, thermalgoop said:

What mobo are you using? 

bootrec /FixMbr

bootrec /FixBoot

bootrec /ScanOs

bootrec /RebuildBcd

So, I used the command prompt in the troubleshooting part of the media installation, and I got denied permission on the FixBoot, and it found the windows on my C drive, but then proceeded to say the drive cannot be found lol. Wut.

16042169579865268315986394713093.jpg

In bios you should have uefi windows 10 boot manager selected as the boot driver not the ssd it's self.

1 minute ago, narrdarr said:

In bios you should have uefi windows 10 boot manager selected as the boot driver not the ssd it's self.

Its not listed as a option at all in my bios, and now that I did what the guy above asked, my boot is like completely broken, I can't get anything to boot, not my ssd, not my windows recovery tools. Nothing.

3 minutes ago, narrdarr said:

This is what I get anytime I try to boot from any device I plug in for recovery. 

16042212940548087678238439382976.jpg

1 minute ago, TheShadow208 said:

This is what I get anytime I try to boot from any device I plug in for recovery. 

16042212940548087678238439382976.jpg

Your going to need a usb with a window 10 installer on it. You can use to repair the boot files.

Your going to need a usb with a window 10 installer on it. You can use to repair the boot files.

Yep. Thats exactly what I have on two drives, and no matter how I try to load it, I always end up on this screen. I feel like I've tried everything, been changing bios settings and trying different things for 4 straight hours. Whats weird is I have two boot options from my SD card, one of them has UEFI next to it, and the other doesn't. Both of them launch, but both end up on the same screen

You should be using uefi unless you of install was legacy but that unlikely. 

Unplug all drivers and any ubs things except keyboard, mouse, the drive that is used for windows, and the usb for the window install.

Boot from usb. 

Select next.

At the bottom in small select repair window.

Just now, narrdarr said:

You should be using uefi unless you of install was legacy but that unlikely. 

Unplug all drivers and any ubs things except keyboard, mouse, the drive that is used for windows, and the usb for the window install.

Boot from usb. 

Select next.

At the bottom in small select repair window.

I can't get to that screen. Everything I try, I end up on the boot manager screen again. Thats what I'm trying to explain

I can't get to that screen. Everything I try, I end up on the boot manager screen again. Thats what I'm trying to explain

Keep tapping delete when you first turn on the system to get to the bios. Then under boot select what you want to boot too.

Just now, narrdarr said:

Keep tapping delete when you first turn on the system to get to the bios. Then under boot select what you want to boot too.

I am doing that. Like I said, I've been trying different boot methods for the last 4 hours. All I have plugged in is my keyboard and mouse, the SD card, and my ssd, but I can't even boot from the SD card because no matter the configuration in the bios, it always takes me to the windows failed to start screen, I can't find a way around that screen.

I am doing that. Like I said, I've been trying different boot methods for the last 4 hours. All I have plugged in is my keyboard and mouse, the SD card, and my ssd, but I can't even boot from the SD card because no matter the configuration in the bios, it always takes me to the windows failed to start screen, I can't find a way around that screen.

Pictures of your steps.

Pictures of your steps.

Step 1 - turn on the computer and go into bios

Step 2 - set the boot order to load the SD card with the windows media tool on it ( I know its on there cause it was working before this endless screen started happening)

Step 3 - save and restart with new boot order

Step 4 - let windows load into what SHOULD be the windows installation screen, but every time I get the windows boot manager error with status of 0xc0000098

16042228323122754811401551057552.jpg

16042228619416885713830901715458.jpg

16042228854978763924305742228190.jpg

16042229074454339522253032809041.jpg

16042229201897011469401798667993.jpg

Same with the uefi option as boot #1? 

Yep, same thing from both options. I'm going to try to remake my windows installation media for the 3rd time, just to make sure it didn't mess up that file or something, but other than that, idk why its doing this

Yep, same thing from both options. I'm going to try to remake my windows installation media for the 3rd time, just to make sure it didn't mess up that file or something, but other than that, idk why its doing this

I would download a new copy. 

Format the sd card before installing on the drive.

Also try removing the boot drive. Just curious if the boot loader is skipping the sd card. 

Do you have e regular usb drive?

I would download a new copy. 

Format the sd card before installing on the drive.

Also try removing the boot drive. Just curious if the boot loader is skipping the sd card. 

Do you have e regular usb 

I don't have the typical stick type, but I've got a USB 3 hard drive that I use for this situation sometimes, so I'm redownloading it onto that just in case. I did try removing the ssd earlier but it still gave the same results as currently 🙃 

I don't have the typical stick type, but I've got a USB 3 hard drive that I use for this situation sometimes, so I'm redownloading it onto that just in case. I did try removing the ssd earlier but it still gave the same results as currently 🙃 

Definitely sounds like a media issue.

Highly recommend you get a fresh copy and use a different storage device. 

Just now, narrdarr said:

Definitely sounds like a media issue.

Highly recommend you get a fresh copy and use a different storage device. 

I'm about halfway through the download on my wife's old slow laptop lol. Thats why it sucks to redo it. I think if this works and I CAN open the windows recovery options, id definitely going to try to completely wipe the drive clean, cause I know there's still stuff thats not necessary on it. I'd rather completely wipe any chances of conflicts off it