Will this psu blow up my pc?

4 minutes ago, StopConsoleHate said:

Will this psu blow up my pc? I'm asking cos its a pretty cheap psu, and not a famous brand.

GameMax GP 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/QHBhP6/gamemax-gp-550-w-80-bronze-certified-atx-power-supply-gp-550

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01N7WOWOW?tag=pcp0f-21&linkCode=ogi&th=1

You'll probably be fine, but what are your specs?

8 minutes ago, StopConsoleHate said:

Will this psu blow up my pc?

Yes, don't buy it.

4 minutes ago, Ankh tech tips said:

You'll probably be fine, but what are your specs?

No, he won't be, if even using a pc with igpu, this psu is just horrible.

i5 12600KF | Zotac RTX 4080 Gaming trinity | Team Vulcan 2x16GB DDR4 3600 | ASRock Z690M-ITX/ac | WD Black SN850x 2TB

Cooler Master NR200P v2 | ID Cooling Zoomflow 280 XT | SeaSonic Focus SGX-750 | Thermalright 2x140mm + 2x120mm aRGB

LG C2 OLED 48" 120hz | Epomaker TH80 (Gateron Yellow) | Logitech MX Master 3 | Koss Porta Pro Comm

Just now, nox_ said:

Depends on his specs, but yeah, a better option.

The Kolink v2 unit is better than the 'game max' regardless of his specs...

i5 12600KF | Zotac RTX 4080 Gaming trinity | Team Vulcan 2x16GB DDR4 3600 | ASRock Z690M-ITX/ac | WD Black SN850x 2TB

Cooler Master NR200P v2 | ID Cooling Zoomflow 280 XT | SeaSonic Focus SGX-750 | Thermalright 2x140mm + 2x120mm aRGB

LG C2 OLED 48" 120hz | Epomaker TH80 (Gateron Yellow) | Logitech MX Master 3 | Koss Porta Pro Comm

Just now, Aereldor said:

The Kolink v2 unit is better than the 'game max' regardless of his specs...

Yes, obviously it is. But still, if he's powering high end pc with lower end psu he really should reconsider. Some people still do this.

5 minutes ago, nox_ said:

Yes, obviously it is. But still, if he's powering high end pc with lower end psu he really should reconsider. Some people still do this.

An RTX 3080 and a Ryzen 7 3700x at full load will still only hit around 450-470, people hugely overestimate TDP reqs. 

57 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

An RTX 3080 and a Ryzen 7 3700x at full load will still only hit around 450-470, people hugely overestimate TDP reqs. 

Yes.. Still, I would not use a KOLINK Classic Power 500 W 80+ Bronze to power that, that would require a better unit.

Edited by nox_

43 minutes ago, nox_ said:

Yes.. Still, I would not use a Kolink to power that, that would require a better unit.

You're doing this thing where you're discrediting an entire manufacturer. That's like saying 'Oh I wouldn't use a Corsair for that'. Corsair has made some of the world's best and some of the world's worst PSUs. As has EVGA. As has Cooler Master for that matter.

Kolink's Continuum Platinum series is one of the best ever, for example. The Classic v2 PSUs are tier C, same as SF Leadex Silver, Seasonic M12, Corsair RM 2013/HX gold

Headroom is a different concept, though I'd probably be fine with a 3080 and a 3700x running on a 500w psu with undervolts.

14 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

You're doing this thing where you're discrediting an entire manufacturer.

I was talking about the psu you mentioned, not the manufacturer as a whole, also edited my post. I thought that my post was completely clear, but now it's crystal clear.

14 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

Headroom is a different concept,

Was not talking about that either, just a better unit, not necessarily more wattage. Tier b at least, or a. No matter Kolink or Corsair, just a better unit.

1 hour ago, nox_ said:

Yeah, of course a nicer PSU is nicer, and considering that the Grey CX (non modular) Corsair units are almost tier A but are super cheap, those are the go-to. But I think the Kolink v2s are reliable independent regs 

3 hours ago, StopConsoleHate said:

Will this psu blow up my pc? I'm asking cos its a pretty cheap psu, and not a famous brand.

GameMax GP 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/QHBhP6/gamemax-gp-550-w-80-bronze-certified-atx-power-supply-gp-550

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01N7WOWOW?tag=pcp0f-21&linkCode=ogi&th=1

Buy cheap.......Buy twice.

What are the pc specs ? And what is your budget for a psu ?

• 3 weeks later...

I am going to be using a Ryzen 3 3100 with a second hand rtx 2060. I have found a bequiet system power 9 on sale, which looks like a much better option but thanks everyone for the replies.