Tesla banned from new jersy | *UPDATE* 03/14/2014

AlexGoesHigh

Regardless of what method is better, companies shouldn't be outright banned from states. Unless they were in some part of illegal activities, there should be no reason why a company is banned in states. This is a terrible idea that may harm any new companies in any industry...

Exactly. Everything else is arguing semantics here.

Intel 4770k@4.6GHz, ASUS ROG Maximus VI Hero, Kingston HyperX Beast 2x8GB 2400MHz CL11, Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming, Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB - RAID0 (2x120Gb), 2xWD 1TB (Blue and Green), Corsair H100i, Corsair AX860, CoolerMaster HAF X, ASUS STRIX Tactic pro, Logitech G400S, HyperX Cloud II, Logitech X530, Acer Predator X34.

Regardless of what method is better, companies shouldn't be outright banned from states. Unless they were in some part of illegal activities, there should be no reason why a company is banned in states. This is a terrible idea that may harm any new companies in any industry...

Actually I bet you hard cash the reverse is true: I'm positive there's got to be at least a few dozen New Jersey based companies that outsource their manufacturing to the east incurring in work practices that would be flat-out illegal. Would the New Jersey government be as eager to look at their own companies they can confirm support illegal practices and clean up house?

Double talk at its best.

-------

Current Rig

-------

This really ticks me off being a former investor in Tesla... 

Business model would have to totally change and they'd have to take on rules and regulations for selling cars over the web especially since their the manufacturer. 

Then they should just sell in states or countries that want their cars. Eventually when their cars get cheaper and more popular the states that banned them will want them back for their moneys.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Batteries are garbage now and they will always be garbage. We have the right recipe for transportation now, it just runs on the wrong stuff.

You seem to have a extremely negative opinion on electric cars, I'll have you know as a former investor in Tesla their electric car tops all other electric cars I've researched. Sure hydrogen tech's efficiency will get better over time, but that's completely irrelevant since battery technology will also improve over time.... ever heard of graphine? And Tesla's Gigafactory construction? The Tesla is one of the safest cars on the US market if not the safest already(it actually broke a testing machine) and the range and efficiency is spectacular.... 

Elon Musk the CEO of Tesla also runs SpaceX and is a executive member of Solar City which his brother runs, all the super charger station around the country for charging Tesla's have solar panel tech. The mans a engineer before a businessman, he's the guy who made paypal and sold it for crying out loud. 

Do self research on the topic please.... 

Then they should just sell in states or countries that want their cars. Eventually when their cars get cheaper and more popular the states that banned them will want them back for their moneys.

That requires market control already being had, however they don't have majority market control and are still a rarity, investors want to see market control first so their branching out in areas they can sell. The states that banned them need to get their shit together.... Free Market my ass. I'm one pissed off investor.... 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Not really, im actually highly intelligent. i dont like teslas or people who dont understand how bad electric cars are. Thats my opinion and it doesnt make me dumb :)

When you claim to be highly intelligent, it doesn't help your case in trying to prove you are lol.... It just makes people think you have a high view of yourself. 

Tesla is a splendid car company and you like money right? Well Tesla's stock is where its at right now.... 

Do you know what the CEO's goals are? Money isn't his first priority for his projects... and being environment friendly? You haven't seen what he wants to bring to the table for the benefit of advancing tech huh? 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

You seem to have a extremely negative opinion on electric cars, I'll have you know as a former investor in Tesla their electric car tops all other electric cars I've researched. Sure hydrogen tech's efficiency will get better over time, but that's completely irrelevant since battery technology will also improve over time.... ever heard of graphine? And Tesla's Gigafactory construction? The Tesla is one of the safest cars on the US market if not the safest already(it actually broke a testing machine) and the range and efficiency is spectacular.... 

Elon Musk the CEO of Tesla also runs SpaceX and is a executive member of Solar City which his brother runs, all the super charger station around the country for charging Tesla's have solar panel tech. The mans a engineer before a businessman, he's the guy who made paypal and sold it for crying out loud. 

Do self research on the topic please.... 

That requires market control already being had, however they don't have majority market control and are still a rarity, investors want to see market control first so their branching out in areas they can sell. The states that banned them need to get their shit together.... Free Market my ass. I'm one pissed off investor.... 

Well it doesn't help that the states in America are dependent from one another. If they had a unified government that had the same laws and regulation everywhere, banning a car would be very difficult.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Well it doesn't help that the states in America are dependent from one another. If they had a unified government that had the same laws and regulation everywhere, banning a car would be very difficult.

Either that or even easier lol... Having states have separate laws and regulations come with its own benefits. It doesn't lock all the states in a artificial plan of growth and allows them to have more free will in growing their economy. 

If anybody wants to see the tesla in action Top Gear did a episode on it the car has the equivalent of 550hp or something pretty awesome if u don't mind that it's kinda ugly and doesn't sound cool at all

My rig: Case: Corsair 760T CPU: Intel 4690k MOBO: MSI Z79 Gaming 5 RaM: 16gb HyperX SSD: 256gb Samsung pro HDD: 1tb Toshiba PSU: Thermaltake smart 750 GPU: 1x GTX 1080 Founders edition

Callmedragon, on 12 Mar 2014 - 11:53 PM, said:

If anybody wants to see the tesla in action Top Gear did a episode on it the car has the equivalent of 550hp or something pretty awesome if u don't mind that it's kinda ugly and doesn't sound cool at all

Which episode of TG you are talking about here?

Does the American auto industry still carry that much clout, or is big oil behind this?

Lots of people are quick to ban competition this year.

I've also noticed that trend recently.

Quite sad.

I'd watch my foul mouth if I was you. It's against COC to go around insulting people.

I accually see where @Jumper118 is going, even tho' he's missing the point here. The point isn't wether the electric cars are good or bad, it's about free market.

Thanks for the advice.

Not really, im actually highly intelligent. i dont like teslas or people who dont understand how bad electric cars are. Thats my opinion and it doesnt make me dumb :)

" ain't nobody got time for dis electric car nonsense." Yup. And ain't no body got time to save the environment by finding alternatives to gas powered cars. 

" ain't nobody got time for dis electric car nonsense." Yup. And ain't no body got time to save the environment by finding alternatives to gas powered cars. 

you sir was exactly the kind of person that I was talking about when i said people ho don't know how bad electric cars are.

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

Which episode of TG you are talking about here?

Not sure really it's the British version pretty sure though

My rig: Case: Corsair 760T CPU: Intel 4690k MOBO: MSI Z79 Gaming 5 RaM: 16gb HyperX SSD: 256gb Samsung pro HDD: 1tb Toshiba PSU: Thermaltake smart 750 GPU: 1x GTX 1080 Founders edition

Update: http://theverge.com/2014/3/14/5509514/elon-musk-accuses-new-jersey-governor-of-backroom-dealing-in-tesla-ban

I'll add more later since I'm on the phone atm

edit: added info in OP

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Update: http://theverge.com/2014/3/14/5509514/elon-musk-accuses-new-jersey-governor-of-backroom-dealing-in-tesla-ban

I'll add more later since I'm on the phone atm

edit: added info in OP

In his original post on Tesla's website, they will be able to sell the cars through their stores right over the river in New York and Pennsylvania.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking