Pc won't turn on after power supply and gpu upgrade

Flololol

Hello and thank you for reading this. I most likely know the answer(something is broken beyond repair) but maybe the internet has another idea. 

Backstory: 

I bought a 850 Watt Corsair TX-M Series TX850M Modular 80+ Gold Power Supply in preperation of upgrading from a 1070 to a 3080. I was lucky (and maybe all this is karma) and got a rtx 3080 reference card. This card arrived yesterday and I installed the new power supply and the gpu. While doing this I also cleaned the case with air out of a can. After putting everything together and turning on the psu the motherbord led are shining but I can't turn the pc on. The button won'tn do anything. No fan is spinning. 

My build:

MB: PRIME B350-PLUS

CPU: Ryzen 3600

GPU: Palit 1070 -> RTX 3080 reference

PSU: A cougar 450W psu -> 50W TX850M

I disconnected everything else for troubleshooting.

Things I already tried:

Removed everything non essential for powering the pc.

Check the front header if the button is correctly installed.

Short the power pins with a screwdriver

Rebuild the pc like it was before.

Removed ram sticks, used only one and tried all individual sticks.

Build the pc in all kinds of old and new part configurations. Old psu, new psu, old gpu, new gpu.

Cleared cmos.

Removed the bios battery for 10min.

Go through all the troubleshooting steps in the motherboard manual.

Reseat the cpu.

Used a different pcie slot for the gpu's.

Checked and "re-did" the cpu and motherboard power connectors.

Nothing did anything. The motherboard leds are glowing but nothing else will turn on.

My theory is that I broke something on the motherboard while upgrading. I can test individual parts later at work, so I can make sure if it is the motherboard or something else.

Thank you for your help

47 minutes ago, Flololol said:

While doing this I also cleaned the case with air out of a can.

Though this is minor, this troubles me because air out of any random case can produce esd n damage any component. there's a reason special computer air blowers exist, as they are esd safe. That is one of possibilities

PLEASE TAG ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLY!

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x  | Motherboard: Asus TUF X570 Plus | RAM: Crucial Ballistix 8gbx2 3600Mhz | GPU: Asus TUF RTX 3080 | PSU: NZXT C850 | Case: Corsair 5000D AF | Cooler: NZXT Kraken Z63 280mm | SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500Gb m.2 ssd + Samsung 860 EVO 1tb ssd | Monitor: LG 49WL95C-W | Peripherals: Logitech G815 + Razer Viper Ultimate + Razer Kraken TE | Audio: Logitech G560 

1 hour ago, Flololol said:

Hello and thank you for reading this. I most likely know the answer(something is broken beyond repair) but maybe the internet has another idea. 

Backstory: 

I bought a 850 Watt Corsair TX-M Series TX850M Modular 80+ Gold Power Supply in preperation of upgrading from a 1070 to a 3080. I was lucky (and maybe all this is karma) and got a rtx 3080 reference card. This card arrived yesterday and I installed the new power supply and the gpu. While doing this I also cleaned the case with air out of a can. After putting everything together and turning on the psu the motherbord led are shining but I can't turn the pc on. The button won'tn do anything. No fan is spinning. 

My build:

MB: PRIME B350-PLUS

CPU: Ryzen 3600

GPU: Palit 1070 -> RTX 3080 reference

PSU: A cougar 450W psu -> 50W TX850M

I disconnected everything else for troubleshooting.

Things I already tried:

Removed everything non essential for powering the pc.

Check the front header if the button is correctly installed.

Short the power pins with a screwdriver

Rebuild the pc like it was before.

Removed ram sticks, used only one and tried all individual sticks.

Build the pc in all kinds of old and new part configurations. Old psu, new psu, old gpu, new gpu.

Cleared cmos.

Removed the bios battery for 10min.

Go through all the troubleshooting steps in the motherboard manual.

Reseat the cpu.

Used a different pcie slot for the gpu's.

Checked and "re-did" the cpu and motherboard power connectors.

Nothing did anything. The motherboard leds are glowing but nothing else will turn on.

My theory is that I broke something on the motherboard while upgrading. I can test individual parts later at work, so I can make sure if it is the motherboard or something else.

Thank you for your help

Is there any debug LED lighting up?

29 minutes ago, Naijin said:

Is there any debug LED lighting up?

I looked and there are no debug led's. I also searched the handbook for anything related to debug led's and havn't found anything.

58 minutes ago, CouRageRC said:

Though this is minor, this troubles me because air out of any random case can produce esd n damage any component. there's a reason special computer air blowers exist, as they are esd safe. That is one of possibilities

This is a possibility. I thought I'm safe because I don't use a vacuum cleaner and the image on the can shows them cleaning a pcb.

22 minutes ago, Flololol said:

I looked and there are no debug led's. I also searched the handbook for anything related to debug led's and havn't found anything.

This is a possibility. I thought I'm safe because I don't use a vacuum cleaner and the image on the can shows them cleaning a pcb.

The motherboard does seem to have an option for a 4-pin speaker, try connecting one (if you have one) and troubleshoot (the old way) with beep codes.

24 minutes ago, Naijin said:

The motherboard does seem to have an option for a 4-pin speaker, try connecting one (if you have one) and troubleshoot (the old way) with beep codes.

Unfortunately nothing. No beeps. 

A little update if someone cares.

I transplanted the new gpu inside another pc at work. It worked.

I used the psu with a really old pc we had laying around (incase the psu is a bit homicidal). It worked.

Only the cpu and motherboard is left. I highly doubt it is the cpu but I ordered a new b550 motherboard and will test the cpu with it. If the cpu is really the perpetrator then I can use the new motherboard with a 5000 cpu in the future.

Reset CMOS? 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

16 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

Reset CMOS? 

It was one of the troubleshooting steps in the motherboard manual and I went over them all.