Can't Tap Seek Bar On YouTube

Hey why I can't tap the seek bar to scrub through videos anymore. It's been a couple of days since this happened. It's been bugging me a lot 'cause I'm one those people to use the tap seek bar feature to quickly skip through videos (mainly adds).

Can someone tell me what's goin' on???

Remember! Reality Is An Illusion, The Universe Is A Hologram, Buy GOLD! Byeeee!!!

21 minutes ago, PiberiusWilde said:

Hey why I can't tap the seek bar to scrub through videos anymore. It's been a couple of days since this happened. It's been bugging me a lot 'cause I'm one those people to use the tap seek bar feature to quickly skip through videos (mainly adds).

Can someone tell me what's goin' on???

I can still tap or click on the seek bar on desktop? Unless you mean the mobile app - in that case, there was an update that recently changed how the seek bar works.
https://www.xda-developers.com/youtube-android-default-video-quality-no-longer-tap-seek-bar/

Q: Why are you changing the seek bar/progress bar/scrubber experience? / I can’t tap to move the seek bar/progress bar/scrubber for some reason.

We heard that a single tap to move the progress bar caused a lot of frustration with accidental taps. Now you can tap, hold, and slide the progress bar — the red dot will track your movement and once you lift your finger, the video will jump to that point in the video.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

27 minutes ago, kirashi said:

Unless you mean the mobile app

Yes the mobile one, sorry forgot to mention

We heard that a single tap to move the progress bar caused a lot of frustration with accidental taps.

Ugh.... no

Now you can tap, hold, and slide the progress bar — the red dot will track your movement and once you lift your finger, the video will jump to that point in the video.

It doesn't even works that well

Remember! Reality Is An Illusion, The Universe Is A Hologram, Buy GOLD! Byeeee!!!

Just please give us (me) that feature back

-> Moved to Programs, Apps and Websites

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv