Want to make M.2 ssd heatsink for WD SN550 1tb name drive

Prasad001

I ordered WD SN550 nvme drive yesterday. I want to make my own m.2 heatsink out of copper. My friend works in VMC shop ,so manufacturing isn't problem. But I'm not show how to design heatsink. Can someone help me?

32 minutes ago, Prasad001 said:

I ordered WD SN550 nvme drive yesterday. I want to make my own m.2 heatsink out of copper. My friend works in VMC shop ,so manufacturing isn't problem. But I'm not show how to design heatsink. Can someone help me?

Take a look around Amazon to see some examples of m.2 heatsinks.

i9 13900k | MSI Z790 CARBON WiFi | 32GB Kingston FURY Beast | Asus TUF Gaming 4090 OC | WD Black NVMe 1TB | WD 2TB SSD | Thermaltake 1350 80 Plus Gold | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420mm | Windows 11 Pro | Alienware 240hz | Phanteks Eclipse P500A Digital LED | HyperX Alloy | Logitech G502 | HyperX Alpha

-> Moved to Case Modding and Other Mods

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

7 hours ago, Mondale said:

Take a look around Amazon to see some examples of m.2 heatsinks.

I saw m.2 heatsinks on Amazon. But on there are full size heatsink. I saw video on Paul's hardware channel in which he said that some parts of ssd didn't need to be cooled. 

And besides that I want to know how much "W" heat is expected to keep in mind while designing heatsink for ssd

4 hours ago, Prasad001 said:

I saw m.2 heatsinks on Amazon. But on there are full size heatsink. I saw video on Paul's hardware channel in which he said that some parts of ssd didn't need to be cooled. 

And besides that I want to know how much "W" heat is expected to keep in mind while designing heatsink for ssd

linus did a video too on water cooling an ssd and what to cool and what not too... there are many heat sinks on ammazon, ebay, alliespress FOR m.2....

i would only worry about hi end m.2 but they probably come with a heat sink. i guess you can add a heat sink to a part to see if there a different in performance i guess... you would need some way of telling if the ssd is less hot too. there are also some m.2 in an ssd shell.

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links