Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Which companies make the best (trustworthy) psus

Which companies make the best (trustworthy) psus because I'm looking into getting an rtx 3070 soon but I only have a 500 watt power supply, and i'm looking to upgrade to somewhere around the 700w range and I'm new to pc building so I don't know too much about which companies are the best for some products like psus. Plus i'd rather get a psu that doesn't immediately kill my entire pc.

Link to post
Share on other sites

These days i tend to stick to EVGA PSUs which i choose Gold.

MAIN PC (Beast) - Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VII WIFI , AMD Ryzen 7 2700x + Corsair H115i Pro RGB Cooling, 32GB G.Skill 3200Mhz 16,18,18,38 1.35v DDR4, Inno3d HerculeZ Design Nvidia GTX 1080 X2 8GB GDDR5,  2 x Samsung U28E590D 3840 x 2160 4K, 1 x Samsung Evo 970 Evo Plus NVME PCI-E 1TB, 1 x Samsung Evo 850 250GB, 1 X Sandisk Ultra II SSD 240GB + 2 X 3TB Seagate Baracuda SATA III, 1 x LG BH16NS40 16x BR\DVDRW, ICYBOX IB3740-C31 & ICYBOX IB3640-03, Corsair Obsidian 750D Windforce Edition Case + 5 Corsair ML140 140mm Case Fans, EVGA 750 g3 750w Gold 80+ PSU, Logitech MX Vertical Mouse, Corsair K55 RGB Gaming Keyboard, Windows 10 Pro x64 Retail, Synology ds215j NAS + 2x3TB WD Reds connected to a 6TB Seagate USB 3.0 Backup Plus Hub, Blue Yeti Microphone, Logitech C922 Pro HD,  Logitech C920 Pro HD, Kaspersky Internet Security 2020.

 

Second PC (Cyclops) - MSI 990FXA Gaming, AMD FX 8370 4Ghz, Corsair 16GB Venegence Red 9-9-9-24 1600Mhz, Arctic Cooling Freezer 13, Asus Strix 1050TI 4GB, 1 X Acer 27" Full HD Monitor, 1 X Sandisk Ultra II SSD 240GB, 1 x Samsung Evo 850 250GB, 2 X Seagate Baracuda 2TB, 1 X WD Black 2TB, 1 x ASUS 16x DVDRW, X-Case Eagle III Case, 3 X Corsair AF 120 Case Fans, EVGA 850 G2 80+ Gold + PSU, Logitech MX Master Mouse, Corsair K30 Keyboard, Logitech C920 Webcam, R0DE NT1-A Microphone, Scarlet 212 Audio Interface (Revision 2), Windows 10 Pro X64 Retail, Kaspersky Internet Security 2020, 2TB Seagate Expansion USB Hard Drive.

 

Third PC (Old Trustie) - Acer Aspire M3400, OEM Mainboard, AMD FX Athlon II X3 425 2.7Ghz, 16GB Corsair Value 1600Mhz Ram, OEM CPU Cooler, AMD R7 260 2GB GPU, 1 X Acer 27" Full HD Monitor, 1 X Sandisk Ultra II SSD 240GB, 2TB Samsung SATA III, 1 X OEM 16X DVDRW, 1 X Acer OEM Case, 1 X Corsair AF120 Case Can, Corsair CX500 Bronze+ CPU, Logitech MX Master Mouse, Corsair K30 Keyboard, Windows 10 Home X64 OEM, Logitech C920 Webcam, Kaspersky Internet Security 2020.

 

Icybox 3640SU3

Icybox 3740-C31

Printers Include - Canon MG5750, Canon, IP8750, 2 X Samsung C410W.

 

Netgear Nighthawk R6 R8000 Cable Router with DD-WRT Using a Virgin Media Hub 3.0.

 

Samsung Galaxy S10 Mobile Phone.

 

Internet Speed.....

https://www.speedtest.net/result/9935039193

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Jimkirk363 said:

EVGA PSUs which i choose Gold.

That's means pretty much nothing reliability wise.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Burnedice25 said:

I think the CX series from corsair is amaxzing, theres a reason its been around for years...

Terrible psu's also been around for years,does not make them good.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Burnedice25 said:

I think the CX series from corsair is amaxzing, theres a reason its been around for years...

Depends on what "flavor" you get them in: white or green. 😆😆

CPU: Intel i9-10980XE 18C/36T  |  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler |  RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 64GB(8x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  |  Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC  |  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO  1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  |  HDD:2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  |  GPU: MSI RTX 2080 GAMING X TRIO  |  PSU: EVGA P2 850W  |  Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black  |  Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum RGB  |  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with Romer-G Tactile Switches  |  Mouse Pad: Corsair MM300 Extended  |  MonitorMSI MAG271CQR 144HZ 27" 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, nox_ said:

Terrible psu's also been around for years,does not make them good.

If they were TERRIBLE, then people would stop buying them, there fore would not stick around......

I've used many and not had a single problem.
It is by far the most popular line of PSUs today for a reason.... they are cheap and they work and they are reliable 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CommanderAlex said:

Depends on what "flavor" you get them in: white or green. 😆😆

I've used both, but ive used Green mostly.

not a single problem.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Burnedice25 said:

If they were TERRIBLE, then people would stop buying them, there fore would not stick around......

Plenty of horrible psu's stick around, people like to skimp on psu's, them being around does not equal them being good.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Burnedice25 said:

I've used both, but ive used Green mostly.

not a single problem.

 

Oh yeah I know I had a Corsair CX750 "Green edition" and I've never had a problem with it. In fact, it is currently running a prebuilt with a 270X installed which is my dad's PC. 

CPU: Intel i9-10980XE 18C/36T  |  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler |  RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 64GB(8x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  |  Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC  |  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO  1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  |  HDD:2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  |  GPU: MSI RTX 2080 GAMING X TRIO  |  PSU: EVGA P2 850W  |  Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black  |  Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum RGB  |  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with Romer-G Tactile Switches  |  Mouse Pad: Corsair MM300 Extended  |  MonitorMSI MAG271CQR 144HZ 27" 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nox_ said:

Plenty of horrible psu's stick around, people like to skimp on psu's, them being around does not equal them being good.

My point still stands.
The CX series is good for the price, and unlikley to cause any problems

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CommanderAlex said:

Oh yeah I know I had a Corsair CX750 "Green edition" and I've never had a problem with it. In fact, it is currently running a prebuilt with a 270X installed which is my dad's PC. 

what is the difference between a green vs white?

just a rebranding?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Burnedice25 said:

My point still stands.

The one when you said that psu's sticking around make them good most definitely does not stand.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Burnedice25 said:

what is the difference between a green vs white?

just a rebranding?

They say on the green labeled Corsair CX PSUs that they have poor quality internal components and are more likely to fail in the event that the PSU gets put under a lot of load. 

 

The grey/white units have higher quality internals that don't really suffer the same fate as their predecessors.

CPU: Intel i9-10980XE 18C/36T  |  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler |  RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 64GB(8x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  |  Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC  |  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO  1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  |  HDD:2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  |  GPU: MSI RTX 2080 GAMING X TRIO  |  PSU: EVGA P2 850W  |  Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black  |  Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum RGB  |  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with Romer-G Tactile Switches  |  Mouse Pad: Corsair MM300 Extended  |  MonitorMSI MAG271CQR 144HZ 27" 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CommanderAlex said:

They say on the green labeled Corsair CX PSUs that they have poor quality internal components and are more likely to fail in the event that the PSU gets put under a lot of load. 

 

The grey/white units have higher quality internals that don't really suffer the same fate as their predecessors.

but honestly tho, the chance of even a green failing.....

not likely at all. Corsair makes some good shit

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Burnedice25 said:

not likely at all. Corsair makes some good shit

What a load of nonsene. Any company can make a bad product, relying that much on brand is a mistake.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nox_ said:

What a load of nonsene. Any company can make a bad product, relying that much on brand is a mistake.

A brand is a brand because they take credit for their work

we say brand names and talk brands because of their products


We know brands sometimes make bad stuff

But as a rule of thumb, good brands (corsair, MSI, etc) make good shit.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Burnedice25 said:

what is the difference between a green vs white?

just a rebranding?

the green is only rated for 30 celcius while the grey/white is rated for 40 celcius

Link to post
Share on other sites

I hear good things about CWT

 

Mostly Seasonic too.

... but I'm no expert

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Burnedice25 said:

A brand is a brand because they take credit for their work

we say brand names and talk brands because of their products


We know brands sometimes make bad stuff

But as a rule of thumb, good brands (corsair, MSI, etc) make good shit.

 

You wrote word brand a lot, made little to no sense though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nox_ said:

You wrote word brand a lot, made little to no sense though.

dude, either you trolling, or....

yeah no, your just trolling.

what i said made perfect sense 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Burnedice25 said:

dude, either you trolling, or....

yeah no, your just trolling.

A psu being made by Corsair is not automatically amazing. Believing in this and relying on brand name so much is one of the reasons that people end up with shit psu's and other stuff. Do your research, read reviews, don't rely on brands.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Tan3l6 said:

I hear good things about CWT

CWT is the OEM for a lot of psu companies ie another company like corsair takes a CWT psu and put their branding on it 

Just now, Burnedice25 said:

dude, either you trolling, or....

yeah no, your just trolling.

no a lot of "reputable" brands made bad psus like your green cx psu and evga's nexb psus

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

CWT is the OEM for a lot of psu companies ie another company like corsair takes a CWT psu and put their branding on it 

Yup, and Seasonic makes their own and a lot of "other brand" PSUs that immediately don't suck.

... but I'm no expert

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×