Is high screen refresh rate a dealbreaker to you?

Crypt1c

I was really looking forward to upgrading my iPhone 7 to the iPhone 12 and the fact that the refresh rate is still 60hz is turning me off a little. As I plan to keep the phone for at least 3 years I’ll be stuck with this refresh rate for a while. I’m having a hard time deciding if I should 1) just suck it up and get the 12 2) wait another year, or 3) switch to android. Am I caring too much about the refresh rate here?

Honestly don't care. I've seen it in action, I've used it and I've turned it off to get more battery life. Sure it's nice to feel the smoothness but honestly it's a phone and I don't do any gaming or that stuff on it. Sure the ui feel is nice but would I be happy with 60 fps ui? Yes totally fine.

To me the iphone 12 just looks really outdated with the big notch and all so I would just not get it due to that and well no headphone jack :p. But up to you really.

Whats the reason you want to upgrade to a new phone anyways? Also if you want to get high refresh on a budget there are a few very very very good more budget smartphones with a high refresh rate screen that honestly you'd be hard to notice that it isn't as good as last years flagship.

8 minutes ago, Crypt1c said:

Am I caring too much about the refresh rate here?

Only you can answer that, really. It's not like everyone has the same tastes. I have a OnePlus 8 Pro that can do 120Hz refresh-rate, but I'm happily using 60Hz, because it consumes less battery and the difference between 60Hz and 120Hz is so small that it just doesn't matter, it's just meaningless to me.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

It is for me, but only because I still have my iPhone X.

The other features arent enough of a reason for me to upgrade, a 120hz screen would be the kick I need to buy myself a new phone.

My Gaming PC:
Inno3D iChill Black - RTX 4080 - +500 Memory, undervolted Core, 2xCorsair QX120 (push) + 2xInno3D 120mm (pull)
AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D - NZXT x72
G.SKILL Trident Z @6000MHz CL30 - 2x16GB
Asus Strix X670E-E Gaming

1x500GB Samsung 960 Pro (Windows 11)

1x2TB Kingston KC3000 (Games)

1x1TB WD Blue SN550 (Programs)

1x1TB Samsung 870 EVO (Programs)
Corsair RM-850X

Lian Li O11 Vision
ASUS ROG Swift OLED PG27AQDM (240hz OLED), MSI Optix MAG274QRFDE-QD, BenQ ZOWIE XL2720

Logitech G Pro Wireless Superlight
Wooting 60HE

Audeze LCD2-C + FiiO K3

Klipsch RP600-M + Klipsch R-120 SW

My Notebook:

MacBook Pro 16 M1 - 16GB

Proxmox-Cluster:

• Ryzen 9 3950X, Asus Strix X570E F-Gaming, 2x32GB3200MHz ECC, 2x 512GB NVMe ZFS-Mirror (Boot + Testing-VMs), 2x14TB ZFS-Mirror + 1x3TB (TrueNAS-VM), 1x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe (Ceph-OSD), 10G NIC
  • i7 8700k delidded undervolted, Gigabyte Z390 UD, 4x16GB 3200MHz, 1x 512GB SSD (Boot), 1x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe (Ceph-OSD), 2,5G NIC
  • i5 4670, 3x4GB + 1x8GB 1600MHz, 1x 512GB SSD (Boot), 1x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe (Ceph-OSD), 2,5G NIC

Proxmox-Backup-Server:

• i5 4670, 4x4GB 1600MHz, 2x2TB ZFS-Mirror, 2,5G NIC

7 minutes ago, Crypt1c said:

On a phone I personally don't really care. I've a friend with the OnePlus 7 (possibly the Pro) and while the 90Hz display was smooth, it's not something that I'd lose sleep about, especially on a phone. For desktop monitors, more refresh rate would be great. Probably because I'm staring at it for 8+ hours a day.

I guess if you're big into phone games then it might be more appealing.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

10 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Whats the reason you want to upgrade to a new phone anyways?

I haven’t been taking good care of the battery so right now it runs out faster than I’d like. Also, I want to play Genshin Impact on my phone without stutters lol

I would honestly wait. They didn't really do anything new, just another reason to overpay for the newest phone, the only thing I can think of that they did cool was the included wireless charger.

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/qJB4Xv

CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($269.00 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: MSI MAG CORE LIQUID 240R 78.73 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($109.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($394.98 @ Amazon) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL15 Memory  ($174.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Samsung 860 Evo 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($99.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($54.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($54.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8 GB GAMING X TRIO Video Card  ($869.99 @ Staples) 
Case: Thermaltake V200 RGB ATX Mid Tower Case  ($79.98 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Asus 850 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($229.64) 
Total: $2338.54
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-12-08 10:04 EST-0500