New Laptop over-heating in low graphics gaming

I have an Asus Zenbook 14 with an i5-10210U and it hits temps upto 96 degrees and is always around 75 to 85 when I play league. I was wondering why about why this happens and if I've already damaged by laptop? The temps don't change regardless of graphics settings. It can run upto 100FPS league at high settings. I want my laptop to last at least five years so is there a way I can set a max temp? thanks

7 minutes ago, Ares6215 said:

I have an Asus Zenbook 14 with an i5-10210U and it hits temps upto 96 degrees and is always around 75 to 85 when I play league. I was wondering why about why this happens and if I've already damaged by laptop? The temps don't change regardless of graphics settings. It can run upto 100FPS league at high settings. I want my laptop to last at least five years so is there a way I can set a max temp? thanks

Modern laptops are made to do that.  High temps may damage chips (not sure) but if they do they do it slowly enough that the rest of the laptop will wear out first.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

@Ares6215 it might be as simple/dumb as the exhaust not getting good airflow and the intake being suffocated. I am not sure about the ASUS but my HP has a BIOS setting for the fans whether to be always on or not and that helps for doing games. If your exhaust is between the screen and body, tilting the screen makes a noticeable difference for me. my graphics and CPU (Ryzen 7 3700U with Vega 10 graphics) sits between 65-75 when playing intensive-ish games for integrated graphics. 

1 hour ago, Ares6215 said:

What GPU do you have? You may have a bad paste job from the factory, maybe crack her open and have a look? I know I had a Razer that would get INSANELY hot but the second one I got was very reasonable, so it's possible Asus did a shotty job.

15 hours ago, BiotechBen said:

@Ares6215 it might be as simple/dumb as the exhaust not getting good airflow and the intake being suffocated. I am not sure about the ASUS but my HP has a BIOS setting for the fans whether to be always on or not and that helps for doing games. If your exhaust is between the screen and body, tilting the screen makes a noticeable difference for me. my graphics and CPU (Ryzen 7 3700U with Vega 10 graphics) sits between 65-75 when playing intensive-ish games for integrated graphics. 

Yeah makes sense, I'll make sure to try that

14 hours ago, Stylized_Violence said:

What GPU do you have? You may have a bad paste job from the factory, maybe crack her open and have a look? I know I had a Razer that would get INSANELY hot but the second one I got was very reasonable, so it's possible Asus did a shotty job.

It's Intel Integrated 620 so yeah not built for gaming

15 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

Modern laptops are made to do that.  High temps may damage chips (not sure) but if they do they do it slowly enough that the rest of the laptop will wear out first.

Oh okay makes sense

16 hours ago, Ares6215 said:

Okay after playing around with the setting and running benches. I found out that just setting fan speed to "Silent" causes the processor to throttle at 76% according to benchmark test. The setting keeps my in game temps between 60-70 which I think is appropriate for occasional use. Asus didn't let me customize that with a new power management plan. I can still play league at 1920x1080, max graphics, and 65-75 FPS. The processor runs at around 2.5GHz to 3.0GHz in game not touching 4.0 GHz