Why are (some) websites loading considerably slow?

Anyone know why some websites like YouTube and reddit taking so long to load page info, especially when scrolling though looking at posts? I am on a carrier gigabit fiber line and am speed testing 321Mbps (download) by 827Mbps upload (The rest of the line is being used, that's just what is available), laptop is on ethernet.

Any thoughts? 

Breaking things 1 day at a time

Just now, TubsAlwaysWins said:

Anyone know why some websites like YouTube and reddit taking so long to load page info, especially when scrolling though looking at posts? I am on a carrier gigabit fiber line and am speed testing 321Mbps (download) by 827Mbps upload (The rest of the line is being used, that's just what is available), laptop is on ethernet.

Any thoughts? 

You should run an anti-virus scan and check whether some neighbour is using your internet connection without you knowing. Otherwise, I am not sure. Maybe contact your isp.

My Laptop: A MacBook Air 

My Desktop: Don’t have one 

My Phone: An Honor 8s (although I don’t recommend it)

My Favourite OS: Linux

My Console: A Regular PS4

My Tablet: A Huawei Mediapad m5 

Spoiler

I’ve also had this just today on multiple wifis and mobile data, on sites like microsoft

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

6 minutes ago, Sandro Linux said:

You should run an anti-virus scan and check whether some neighbour is using your internet connection without you knowing. Otherwise, I am not sure. Maybe contact your isp.

I am the ISP lol thats why it is the dedicated gigabit line haha. Just interesting that some webistes take so long to load on a connection like that. Will try some anti-virus but I doubt much will show up

Just now, TubsAlwaysWins said:

I am the ISP lol thats why it is the dedicated gigabit line haha. Just interesting that some webistes take so long to load on a connection like that. Will try some anti-virus but I doubt much will show up

Have you tried using a different web browser? Maybe you have too many extensions 

My Laptop: A MacBook Air 

My Desktop: Don’t have one 

My Phone: An Honor 8s (although I don’t recommend it)

My Favourite OS: Linux

My Console: A Regular PS4

My Tablet: A Huawei Mediapad m5 

Spoiler

6 minutes ago, Sandro Linux said:

Have you tried using a different web browser? Maybe you have too many extensions 

ill try that and see. I suppose I might

When I run an extension for dark theme, load time is significantly more. Also don't chinese sites, or japanese, load and accept clicks even slower because of ms that is caused by distance. The further the server is from you, the more time you need. And if course some times the servers are crowded so that may affect the users expertise

Can be a number of things: 

- The browser, extensions you have installed, how many tabs are open.
- Cookies/cache/downloads (if you're not regularly clearing them).

- The DNS you're using might also contribute.

What is your ping? I have higher download and upload speeds than my buddy in a different part of the city, but his ping is lower which results in his internet feeling snappier. 

Yeah, as others said, you either need to reset your browser or try another one first. Also, if you neighbor was using the wifi, what's the point of tracking it down, wont a credential change be enough, both on the gateway and the wifi password.

Since you talked about it being an issue only on certain sites it's probably not a system wide issue like slow storage media or running out of memory, its prolly just an extension/browser thing and Firefox at least provides a reset button to get a fresh start. Don't know about chrome.

-> Moved to Programs, Apps and Websites

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv