Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi, 

I recently bought a Fire 10" on amazon prime day for my mother. It arrived on the 14th of Oct and was opened today (left to self isolate) only to discover a cluster of dead pixels almost directly in the centre of the display. After speaking to amazon customer service I was told to send the tablet back WITHOUT the accessories (charger etc) and wait for the fulfilment team to dispatch a replacement tablet.  

 

My concern is that amazon will dispatch a refurbished tablet to me as they have done so many other times. Seen as the tablet was just bought this seems unreasonable...

 

Any suggestions if the tablet is replaced with a refurbished one? 

 

Edit : The self isolation part to clarify is due to my mother wishing for it to be isolated, she is slightly paranoid over the whole situation due to underlying health conditions. If it were me I would have opened it on day one haha.

 

Many thanks, stay safe, 

Lex

Link to post
Share on other sites

Depends on country laws, but usually you're entitled to a replacement of same or similar quality... That doesn't mean *new* necessarily. 

 

So if you don't want this you should just return the item and not exchange it. 

 

 

RYZEN 5 3600 | EVGA GTX 1070 FTW2 | 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 3200 DDR4 | MSI B350M MORTAR | 250GB SAMSUNG EVO 860 | 4TB TOSHIBA X 300 | 1TB TOSHIBA SSHD | 120GB KINGSTON SSD | WINDOWS 10 PRO | INWIN 301| BEQUIET PURE POWER 10 500W 80+ SILVER | ASUS 279H | LOGITECH Z906 | DELL KB216T | LOGITECH M185 | SONY DUALSHOCK 4

 

LENOVO IDEAPAD 510 | i5 7200U | 8GB DDR4 | NVIDIA GEFORCE 940MX | 1TB WD | WINDOWS 10 GO HOME 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mark Kaine said:

Depends on country laws, but usually you're entitled to a replacement of same or similar quality... That doesn't mean *new* necessarily. 

 

So if you don't want this you should just return the item and not exchange it. 

 

 

Such a pain buying amazon own products from amazon.... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Alexander Underwood said:

Hi, 

I recently bought a Fire 10" on amazon prime day for my mother. It arrived on the 14th of Oct and was opened today (left to self isolate) only to discover a cluster of dead pixels almost directly in the centre of the display. After speaking to amazon customer service I was told to send the tablet back WITHOUT the accessories (charger etc) and wait for the fulfilment team to dispatch a replacement tablet.  

 

My concern is that amazon will dispatch a refurbished tablet to me as they have done so many other times. Seen as the tablet was just bought this seems unreasonable...

 

Any suggestions if the tablet is replaced with a refurbished one? 

 

Many thanks, stay safe, 

Lex

 

Send it back for a refund

 

You are entitled to a new replacement

Dance like no ones watching. Encrypt like everyone is.

 

Mouse potato - The online generations version of a couch potato

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thread cleaned. No trolling or unhelpful posts please.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Corsair H100i AIO | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | HDD: Seagate Ironwolf 8TB + 2x Seagate Ironwolf 6TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Alexander Underwood said:

Hi, 

I recently bought a Fire 10" on amazon prime day for my mother. It arrived on the 14th of Oct and was opened today (left to self isolate) only to discover a cluster of dead pixels almost directly in the centre of the display. After speaking to amazon customer service I was told to send the tablet back WITHOUT the accessories (charger etc) and wait for the fulfilment team to dispatch a replacement tablet.  

 

My concern is that amazon will dispatch a refurbished tablet to me as they have done so many other times. Seen as the tablet was just bought this seems unreasonable...

 

Any suggestions if the tablet is replaced with a refurbished one? 

 

Edit : The self isolation part to clarify is due to my mother wishing for it to be isolated, she is slightly paranoid over the whole situation due to underlying health conditions. If it were me I would have opened it on day one haha.

 

Many thanks, stay safe, 

Lex

If you exchange it, you will most likely receive a refurb. If you return you, you can reorder a new one, but you'll lose the discount.

 

Were you emphatically clear on the phone that you do not want a refurbished item? It may not help, but it wouldn't hurt to insist on a brand new tablet. If they send you a refurb anyway, you can raise a stink and probably get yourself a decent chunk of credit.

Sincerely,

 

me

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, aisle9 said:

If you exchange it, you will most likely receive a refurb. If you return you, you can reorder a new one, but you'll lose the discount.

 

Were you emphatically clear on the phone that you do not want a refurbished item? It may not help, but it wouldn't hurt to insist on a brand new tablet. If they send you a refurb anyway, you can raise a stink and probably get yourself a decent chunk of credit.

Didn't manage to get through on the phone so instead used text chat. Was as clear as I could be without being rude and told I would be informed as to what I was being sent once they receive the tablet. They could not give me any information.... My worry is that since they told me to keep the accessories that a refurb is what will be sent... 

 

Do you think the tablet will go below £100 in for example Currys on black Friday? Im really beginning to consider a refund :( 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just moan at them for a while until they take the whole thing.

 

if u keep moaning a while after too they might give you a partial refund.

 

ive always had extreme luck with amazon.

.Waiting for intel 7nm, navi 23, zen 11...

.

.

Updated: Too long ago

Alienware 17r5

3700x/1080

500D SE/3600/1060 STRIX VERTICAL/AG352UCG6 120hz 1440p gsync ultrawide / TOO MUCH RGB

A few negligible workstation builds

Gaming Routers are Stupid

I have a RGB Problem

/pcmasterrace /widescreenmasterrace

 

Audiophile, EL8 Titanium go to drivers for weight to performance ratio.

Music Setup Cubase 10 PRO, Adam A8X, Adam Sub8.

 

I dont ask stupid questions, I just word them stupid so you think its stupid.

im not stupid your stupid calling me stupid stupid

Why are you still reading this this is prob all wildly outdated as i just found out how to change signature and ill prob never be bothered again hahahahhahahahaa.

 

The word "Gaming" and anything around it is cringe. E.G

 

I'm a gamer les go play fortnite. In cringe 9 year old voice.

I want a Gaming Computer to play fortnite. In cringe 9 year old voice.

 

Gaming is dumb enthusiast is cool.

 

Whitebread > Brownbread

Coffee>Tea

PoachedEgg>FriedEgg

Idk how many lines this is im not counting im prob breaking rules #rebel

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Torrent said:

Just moan at them for a while until they take the whole thing.

 

if u keep moaning a while after too they might give you a partial refund.

 

ive always had extreme luck with amazon.

I can get a full refund as the Tablet is only 6 days old.... Its just the tablets now are £150 instead of £90... I was hoping they would just replace it seen as it is so new.... 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just bought 2 on Prime day.  (Fire HD8's) - I believe their guarantee is clear that they will replace a broken tablet within the first 2 years no questions asked or some such.  But it didn't say a NEW tablet.  I feel your pain, but Id do as other suggest and push the chat to a supervisor and explain you want new in the box and will GLADLY send back the entire contents of package as this is a new product that came in unfunctional.

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Ryzen Rig 2: ASrock B450 Pro4 ATX, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker (or 4x8gb DDR4 2666mhz for large tasks), Corsair HX850 PSU, 128gb Patriot Scorch NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MS30 M.2 SATA III, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case.  Zalman K600S keyboard, Zalman ZM-GM1 mouse, Viotek GN24C 24" 1080p 144hz curved and Hannspree HF207 as 2nd monitor

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Ryzen Rig 1: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire R9 Fury Tri-X Nitro 4gb HBM, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case.  Zalman K600S keyboard, Zalman ZM-GM1 mouse, Acer XF270HU 2560x1440 144hz IPS monitor

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37628874?

Dwight: The Mixed Metals Loop Media Center.  Ask me about it.  Currently decommissioned to move to an mATX setup on a new MOBO once I pick one out (getting its facelift as of June 2020 have new air cooler, drives etc.  About 60% finished.  Will no longer be a closed loop system.  Slight update, upgraded to larger SSD, and air cooling installed Arctic Alpine cooler.

Schrute: ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0, FX 8350, Sapphire R9 Fury Tri-X Nitro 4gb HBM, 16gb (4x4) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600mhz, Sparkle/FSP 650w PSU, Corsair H100i GTX 240mm AIO w/ 12mm thick fans to fit in top exhaust, 256gb TIMETEC SSD, 1tb WDBlack HDD, Rosewill Nautilus 1.0 case.  DSI 90-Key Mechanical Keyboard w/ Cherry Red switches, Zalman gaming mouse

Micro Form Factor Dell OptiPlex 3040: Dell 0MGK50 A02, i3-6100T, 2x4gb DDR3 1600, Team Group 120gb SSD, 500gb Seagate 7mm HDD attached storage, Windows 10 Pro, Logitech K400+, USB Wifi adapter all vesa mounted to the back of a 37" 1080p TV 

Linux Box: Toshiba Laptop, i7 620M, NVS graphics, 4gb ram tinker toy at the moment.  Running Manjaro XFCE at the moment.

Home Security: ZOSI 8 channel CCTV (4 used at this time, 1080p) DVR H.265+, 3tb HGST Enterprise HDD, ASUS monitor for display

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Alexander Underwood said:

Didn't manage to get through on the phone so instead used text chat. Was as clear as I could be without being rude and told I would be informed as to what I was being sent once they receive the tablet. They could not give me any information.... My worry is that since they told me to keep the accessories that a refurb is what will be sent... 

 

Do you think the tablet will go below £100 in for example Currys on black Friday? Im really beginning to consider a refund :( 

Here’s what worked for me. Not the exact same circumstances. I bought a new laptop and was shipped a refurb. I just went to the item listing, got the price of the most expensive refurb available, took the difference between that and the regular brand new price, and told them that’s what I wanted. They gave me the credit, no questions asked. If you are stuck with a refurb, try that.

Sincerely,

 

me

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Alexander Underwood said:

My concern is that amazon will dispatch a refurbished tablet to me as they have done so many other times. Seen as the tablet was just bought this seems unreasonable...

Thats exactly what they are going to do. No reason for you to keep the accessories otherwise. Id just return it. 

 

6 hours ago, Alexander Underwood said:

Do you think the tablet will go below £100 in for example Currys on black Friday?

Im sure it will drop on Black Friday or Cyber Monday (If you guys do that in the UK). Hard to say how much it will drop. 

Was there dairy in that? ***30 min later**** Yep..... You might want to let it air out for a bit.....😂😂😂😂😂😂

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×