Sony could unveil its secret weapon against Xbox One next week (Repost?)

PillowSmoke

Sony has already built up a consistent lead over Microsoft in the latest generation of the console wars and it may soon unveil a key new feature that could help maintain that lead indefinitely. IGN reports that Sony will host a panel at the Game Developers Conference on March 18th that will discuss “innovation at PlayStation” and the “future of gaming.” While this is a very vague teaser, IGN says that it could be a hint that Sony finally plans to make a formal announcement about a virtual reality headset for the PlayStation that will go head-to-head with VR headset Oculus Rift. IGN notes that two of the panel’s speakers — Sony senior director Richard Marks and Sony senior software engineer Anton Mikhailov — both “played integral roles in the development of the PlayStation Move and PS Eye for the PS3.”

Source: plain old http://games.yahoo.com/news/sony-could-unveil-secret-weapon-against-xbox-one-190314586.html

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

"Secret weapon against Xbox One"

Oh, you mean the PS4? :P

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

if sony's ps4 "vr" is that horrible simulated-theater headset, then it will fail miserably.(the vr part at least)

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Imagine 30fps in a headset, I'd rather kill myself than put that shit in front of my eyes.

I hope it's 60, would they even try to do 30?

Man, I can't wait for Sony to team up with Steam Valve. Seriously, they should and it could alleviate the whole backwards compatibility thing. Just port all the damn games to Steam or some shared online service so people will stop complaining about backwards compatibility. I mean, if many of the PSone and PS2 (and PS3) games are on Steam or are stream-able, then they're "always" there in case someone feels like playing older games.That or Nintendo and Steam Valve should team up and destroy Sony and Microsoft in some weird team-up.

Oh, I know, maybe they'll release Uncharted 4 gameplay. Or they could just put tons of "1080p on PS4" banners just to mock Microsoft. Personally, I don't give a damn what Sony, Microsoft, or Nintendo do. I just want to see the games not the streaming features, the social media BS, and whatever else they have like, I don't know, 3D gaming which might become irrelevant (again) with Oculus Rift and other VR headsets. The only big issue is how to make that giant headset smaller.

Edit: I meant "Valve" instead of "Steam".

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

Imagine 30fps in a headset, I'd rather kill myself than put that shit in front of my eyes.

I hope it's 60, would they even try to do 30?

Maybe use Highly optimized Unity games?

Sony has already built up a consistent lead over Microsoft in the latest generation of the console wars and it may soon unveil a key new feature that could help maintain that lead indefinitely. IGN reports that Sony will host a panel at the Game Developers Conference on March 18th that will discuss “innovation at PlayStation” and the “future of gaming.” While this is a very vague teaser, IGN says that it could be a hint that Sony finally plans to make a formal announcement about a virtual reality headset for the PlayStation that will go head-to-head with VR headset Oculus Rift. IGN notes that two of the panel’s speakers — Sony senior director Richard Marks and Sony senior software engineer Anton Mikhailov — both “played integral roles in the development of the PlayStation Move and PS Eye for the PS3.”

Source: plain old http://games.yahoo.com/news/sony-could-unveil-secret-weapon-against-xbox-one-190314586.html

Everybody. Everybody. $10 says it's the video game streaming service they bought Geikei for.

Much interest.

Console gaming.

One-sided market-sharing.

Fail Doge. *sigh*

I bet they do something with their online subscription.

I don't see why they would. It's already amazing as it is.

But will this all matter when Sony goes under?

Doom and gloom is hardly ever right. I've been on the internet long enough to know that much.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Everybody. Everybody. $10 says it's the video game streaming service they bought Geikei for.

I don't see why they would. It's already amazing as it is.

Doom and gloom is hardly ever right. I've been on the internet long enough to know that much.

I think they'll lower prices etc. to PSGold or whatever it's called.

But will this all matter when Sony goes under?

Sony is decades from "going under". They have so many assets and patent portfolios. Now, individual divisions within Sony might go under, but Sony is such a big company that I'm not sure it could get to the point of declaring bankruptcy. They make and own a lot more than just cameras and gaming consoles.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

Sony is decades from "going under". They have so many assets and patent portfolios. Now, individual divisions within Sony might go under, but Sony is such a big company that I'm not sure it could get to the point of declaring bankruptcy. They make and own a lot more than just cameras and gaming consoles.

Yet they are billions in debt with almost all of their other divisions aside from the PS4 tanking in sales. Sony is definitely not doing so well and they apparently have only a 22% chance of recovery. They will probably sell the Playstation brand since it's worth so much.

It seems to me that if they have to turn around and sell a bunch of their assets (which I don't see as likely but who knows) then that might as well be going under

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

I think they'll lower prices etc. to PSGold or whatever it's called.

PS+ and if they do, I will be very happy. But I don't see how they can.

Just a count for those curious. I paid $50 over 7 months ago for 1 year of PS+. Here's my haul thus far. Note that the Boldened ones are the ones I'm happy about getting, the rest are meh.

PS3

Binary Domain

Bioshock: Infinite

Borderlands 2

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons (Better with a working gamepad, by far)

Devil May Cry (5 basically, the new one with black haired emo Dante)

Dokuro

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

Dyad

Galaga: Legions DX

Hitman: Absolution (Plus lots o' DLC)

ICO

ibb & obb

Jet Set Radio

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

Little Big Planet: Kart Racing

Machinarium

Metro: Last Light

Oddworld: Munch's Odyssey

Payday 2

Poker Night 2 (Made by Telltale games, which is interesting)

Remember Me

RESIDENT EVIL: CHRONICLES HD COLLECTION

Saint's Row: The Third

Shadow of the Colossus

Tomb Raider

Uncharted 3 Single Player Campaign

XCOM: Enemy Unknown

PS4

Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition

Don't Starve

Outlast

Resogun

PS Vita

Gravity Rush

Knytt Underground

Modnation Racers: Road Trip

Rayman Origins

Street Fighter X Tekken

Uncharted: Golden Abyss

Wipeout: 2048

Worms: Battle Island

PSP

Darkstalkers Chronicles: The Chaos Tower

Metal Slug: XX

So say whatever you want about Sony charging for online play. This. Is. Awesome. $50, for all of that, beats the absolute hell out of the Steam Sales. AND I get to play online. 

The only Steam Sale that I've seen that's ever rivaled something like this was the THQ bankruptcy making over $200 worth of games cost me only like $20 (Mainly I bought that for Darksiders 1 & 2). And even then, I think this beats the living crap out of it. 

YMMV

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

PS+ and if they do, I will be very happy. But I don't see how they can.

Just a count for those curious. I paid $50 over 7 months ago for 1 year of PS+. Here's my haul thus far:

PS3

Binary Domain

Bioshock: Infinite

Borderlands 2

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons (Better with a working gamepad, by far)

Devil May Cry (5 basically, the new one with black haired emo Dante)

Dokuro

Don't Starve

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

Dyad

Galaga: Legions DX

Hitman: Absolution (Plus lots o' DLC)

ICO

ibb & obb

Jet Set Radio

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

Little Big Planet: Kart Racing

Machinarium

Metro: Last Light

Oddworld: Munch's Odyssey

Payday 2

Poker Night 2 (Made by Telltale games, which is interesting)

Remember Me

RESIDENT EVIL: CHRONICLES HD COLLECTION

Saint's Row: The Third

Shadow of the Colossus

Tomb Raider

Uncharted 3 Single Player Campaign

XCOM: Enemy Unknown

PS4

Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition

Outlast

Resogun

PS Vita

Gravity Rush

Knytt Underground

Modnation Racers: Road Trip

Rayman Origins

Street Fighter X Tekken

Uncharted: Golden Abyss

Wipeout: 2048

Worms: Battle Island

PSP

Darkstalkers Chronicles: The Chaos Tower

Metal Slug: XX

So say whatever you want about Sony charging for online play. This. Is. Awesome. $50, for all of that, beats the absolute hell out of the Steam Sales. AND I get to play online.

The only Steam Sale that I've seen that's ever rivaled something like this was the THQ bankruptcy making over $200 worth of games cost me only like $20 (Mainly I bought that for Darksiders 1 & 2). And even then, I think this beats the living crap out of it.

YMMV

Wow. No wonder Sony is bleeding money.

Wow. No wonder Sony is bleeding money.

And people thought the free games from PS+ were only going to be Sony IPs and crappy indie games. Ha. 

† Christian Member †

Man, I can't wait for Sony to team up with Steam. Seriously, they should and it could alleviate the whole backwards compatibility thing. Just port all the damn games to Steam or some shared online service.That or Nintendo and Steam should team up and destroy Sony and Microsoft in some weird team-up.

Oh, I know, maybe they'll release Uncharted 4 gameplay. Or they could just put tons of "1080p on PS4" banners just to mock Microsoft. Personally, I don't give a damn what Sony, Microsoft, or Nintendo do. I just want to see the games not the streaming features, the social media BS, and whatever else they have like, I don't know, 3D gaming which might become irrelevant (again) with Oculus Rift and other VR headsets. The only big issue is how to make that giant headset smaller.

Steam is a store. How are they going to port games to steam?? U have some serious misconceptions of what steam is/does

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

half baked pos

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

maybe the console isnt fully unlocked.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1