Insanely sharp battery drain then it returns to normal after I charge it to 100%.. what is going here?

(graph below)

I've been having insane battery drain since the past 2 weeks where I would charge my phone to 80% like I normally do then use it and notice my battery visibly draining at insane rate, that is until just now when I restart it and charge it to 100% and now it has returned to normal. I'm very confused as to what is going on and what should I do if this happens again? initially I just thought the battery is going bad but now this clearly isn't the case.

sketch-1603024684665~2.jpg

2 minutes ago, Abdullah Bhutta said:

are you relying on graphs or on your experience???

Both. I could see the battery going from 80 to 70 right before my eyes.

4 minutes ago, Kenonline12 said:

Both. I could see the battery going from 80 to 70 right before my eyes.

in your experience or on the graphs?

6 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

If it's running Android then you should be able to see what exactly used up this much battery.

image.png.f8987e8a0da0a732500ec2c388c2dad3.png

It seems to be Chrome, though I still have no idea why the battery drain was so steep before

8 minutes ago, Kenonline12 said:

It seems to be Chrome, though I still have no idea why the battery drain was so steep before

You would have had to look there when it was happening.

36 minutes ago, Kenonline12 said:

I'm very confused as to what is going on and what should I do if this happens again?

Just reboot the phone?

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

Like on Windows there are background processes and services,on an unrooted phone it's possible to disable them through exploits - but it's difficult (done that myself).

Almost all Android apps you install like to run in the background regardless if you really need it in the background or not.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

You can limit background apps to further increase the battery life. But you may miss some notifications on some apps (you can also just go at it manually with only specific apps, by telling Chrome to fuck off and never run in the background)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

1 hour ago, Kenonline12 said:

(graph below)

I've been having insane battery drain since the past 2 weeks where I would charge my phone to 80% like I normally do then use it and notice my battery visibly draining at insane rate, that is until just now when I restart it and charge it to 100% and now it has returned to normal. I'm very confused as to what is going on and what should I do if this happens again? initially I just thought the battery is going bad but now this clearly isn't the case.

sketch-1603024684665~2.jpg

either your battery is diying or your phone is having a fight with the bettery usage software or what your phone calls 80% isnt actually 80% and is more around 70% and what % it shows you have thier own curve that it is using for that and your abttery is fine. its probally one of those 3. Or I could also be wrong. Im really helpfull