[Newegg] CM Storm QuickFire Rapid (Cherry MX Brown) [$69.99 + $10 Rebate Card]

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=23-129-005

$60 after rebate mechanical keyboard that doesn't have cheapo build quality.

ebbe0cd78f3a93c0c2832a76df420f08.png

Newegg TV's Product Tour: 

Tech of Tomorrow's Unboxing: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2puyuU289QQ

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Had the Quickfire TK and had nothing but issues with it. It would just randomly turn off for no reason! Cooler Master is a terrible company to deal with for RMA's so be warned. Took 3 weeks to get it back because when they returned it they shipped it from California to New York and I live in Colorado. Somebody called in and tried to have it shipped to their address. Meaning, somebody from within the company tried to steal the keyboard. Never again!

Had the Quickfire TK and had nothing but issues with it. It would just randomly turn off for no reason! Cooler Master is a terrible company to deal with for RMA's so be warned. Took 3 weeks to get it back because when they returned it they shipped it from California to New York and I live in Colorado. Somebody called in and tried to have it shipped to their address. Meaning, somebody from within the company tried to steal the keyboard. Never again!

Just because one person had a bad experience doesn't mean everyone else will.

Just because one person had a bad experience doesn't mean everyone else will.

Exactly. 

Uhm, CoolerMaster does not decide how items are shipped. It's the shipping company who does this.

For example I work in Oud Gastel in the Netherlands. DHL has a distrubition center in Roosendaal (3mins drive from my company). If I ship an item to myself with DHL, it gets picked up in Oud Gastel, it goes to that distrubution point in Roosendaal. Then they ship it to Rotterdam, then it goes on a truck and gets shipped to me. 

If you have any "proof" of this (screenshots) that somebody tried to ship that keyboard to his or her adress, you can simply use that and contact CoolerMaster with that. No way in hell that they won't take it serious. 

You just had bad luck with a keyboard and blow it out of proportion I think. 

NZXT Phantom windowed, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA 780 Classified, Crucial Ballistic Tactical, Crucial M4 128GB + Samsung 850 EVO, Corsair RM850, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598, FinalMouse Classic, SteelSeries Qck Heavy, Ducky Shine Zero (MX Brown), AOC G2460PF & Qnix QX2710

Build Log: Phantom - Antique Noctua

This is probably the best cheapest mechanical keyboard, the branding is a little over the top for me personally.

Exactly. 

Uhm, CoolerMaster does not decide how items are shipped. It's the shipping company who does this.

For example I work in Oud Gastel in the Netherlands. DHL has a distrubition center in Roosendaal (3mins drive from my company). If I ship an item to myself with DHL, it gets picked up in Oud Gastel, it goes to that distrubution point in Roosendaal. Then they ship it to Rotterdam, then it goes on a truck and gets shipped to me. 

If you have any "proof" of this (screenshots) that somebody tried to ship that keyboard to his or her adress, you can simply use that and contact CoolerMaster with that. No way in hell that they won't take it serious. 

You just had bad luck with a keyboard and blow it out of proportion I think. 

I don't need proof, I called Cooler Master and UPS and they both confirmed that somebody called in a changed the address to somebody in New York. I called UPS and told them it wasn't me who called them and they said they wouldn't allow the person to pick it up. My guess was it was somebody from Cooler Master and they had it shipped to somebody they knew over there. 

I wish I was making this up but that's exactly what happened. The guy from CM said originally it had the wrong label put on it but when I talked to UPS they confirmed the address was mine. I told CM that and they said they would look into it and that was the last I heard of it! 

I don't really care since I sold the replacement as soon as it arrived since I had to buy a replacement keyboard since it took 3 weeks to get it back when it was supposed to be a week. 

I don't care about the quality of the keyboard when I can't trust the company selling it. 

When it was going bad they kept trying to tell me it was the OS doing it. Then when I told them I tried it on multiple computers they told me the motherboards on both were defective. Not once did they say it was the keyboard that was bad and only agreed to replace it after I left a nasty review on the site I bought it from. 

CM is a joke and treats customers like garbage!

I don't need proof, I called Cooler Master and UPS and they both confirmed that somebody called in a changed the address to somebody in New York. I called UPS and told them it wasn't me who called them and they said they wouldn't allow the person to pick it up. My guess was it was somebody from Cooler Master and they had it shipped to somebody they knew over there. 

I wish I was making this up but that's exactly what happened. The guy from CM said originally it had the wrong label put on it but when I talked to UPS they confirmed the address was mine. I told CM that and they said they would look into it and that was the last I heard of it! 

I don't really care since I sold the replacement as soon as it arrived since I had to buy a replacement keyboard since it took 3 weeks to get it back when it was supposed to be a week. 

I don't care about the quality of the keyboard when I can't trust the company selling it. 

When it was going bad they kept trying to tell me it was the OS doing it. Then when I told them I tried it on multiple computers they told me the motherboards on both were defective. Not once did they say it was the keyboard that was bad and only agreed to replace it after I left a nasty review on the site I bought it from. 

I understand where you are coming from, after having the keyboard support break in less than a month. I RMA'd it and 

after 2 weeks of not knowing anything I did order a new keyboard and 2 weeks after getting the new keyboard they replied

that they found the issue and would be shipping me a new one. 

Long story short I'm not mad because now I have a second keyboard for traveling, running around and other stuff.

CPU:i5-3570k OC'd to 4.0 MOBO: MSI Z77A-G41 GPU: Asus 660Ti 2Gb OC Case: NZXT Source 210 Black and Windowed RAM: Kingston HyperX Black Series 8GB Storage: WD 1TB Caviar Black, 3TB WD Green, 120GB Kingston HyperX CPU Cooler: CM TX3 PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750W OS: Win 7 Perf: Corsair M65, Acer S220HQLAbd 21.5" Main with 17" Secondary, a Corsair K70, and ATH-M50's.

Hey there FluffyNuggets, I just sent you a PM to request some more info on your situation so I can look into what happened. I'm sincerely sorry for the troubles you've been dealing with, I'd like to help. :)

I understand where you are coming from, after having the keyboard support break in less than a month. I RMA'd it and 

after 2 weeks of not knowing anything I did order a new keyboard and 2 weeks after getting the new keyboard they replied

that they found the issue and would be shipping me a new one. 

Long story short I'm not mad because now I have a second keyboard for traveling, running around and other stuff.

L_Dub, how'd you go about RMAing it without hearing back in two weeks? About when was this? Feel free to PM me with details if you prefer.

For anyone else, just as reference, our North American support team can be contacted via the info here, especially with the live chat and phone service options. If you have any questions, concerns, or anything, come let us know! We are here to help you out :)

And for some more support link dumping: Register and RMA applications | Request parts and pieces (like mounting brackets or replacement fans for one in your case) | Purchase parts, pieces, and product (especially for those without warranties)

Cooler Master USA representing! Looking for help? Head to the CM Fanzone to get in touch with the Customer Support team!

Would so jump on this, if only there was a backlight

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

-awesome guy helping!-

Amazing to see you here on the forum's helping! 

I have a question! Because im an idiot I have a lovely mechanical keyboard.. without backlight. At the time I bought this I did not really care, but now I somewhat do want to have it.. so I am somewhat in the market for a keyboard with LED backlit..Now sadly, my build is not the standard red, blue or green. But I am looking for a orange or yellow backlit keyboard. Does CM have any keyboard with that backlight? If not, .. I know you likely are not able to talk about products that are not released yet.. but are there any plans to make a keyboard with that option? Or should I just look elsewhere.

I did find a few keyboards who have this color, but I really prefer to have a CM one, love the design and they look amazing and from what I heard and read, they are very well build. 

Thanks for your time!  

I prefer to have either the brown or blue MX switches. But could perhaps have a look at other switches if this means it will have an orange/yellow backlit.  

NZXT Phantom windowed, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA 780 Classified, Crucial Ballistic Tactical, Crucial M4 128GB + Samsung 850 EVO, Corsair RM850, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598, FinalMouse Classic, SteelSeries Qck Heavy, Ducky Shine Zero (MX Brown), AOC G2460PF & Qnix QX2710

Build Log: Phantom - Antique Noctua

This is probably the best cheapest mechanical keyboard, the branding is a little over the top for me personally.

branding is gone from all the front of the keyboard or top of the keyboard. There is just a CM Storm logo on the back (therefore you'll never se it) 

Only the first models had the CM Storm logos everywhere and they changed it due to customer feedback 

Source: I own one

"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

branding is gone from all the front of the keyboard or top of the keyboard. There is just a CM Storm logo on the back (therefore you'll never se it) 

Only the first models had the CM Storm logos everywhere and they changed it due to customer feedback 

Source: I own one

that's great to hear :)

The only problem I've ever had with the Quickfire TK is that it doesn't work in my bios/preboot screens. 

The only problem I've ever had with the Quickfire TK is that it doesn't work in my bios/preboot screens. 

I also had that problem. Made getting into the BIOS a pain since I had to pull out a spare keyboard every time I wanted to get into the BIOS. There was just more things wrong with that keyboard then good! I replaced it with a WASD mechanical keyboard and it's worked flawlessly for almost a year now or whenever I bought it. 

I have two CM storm rapid fires and never had an issue in bios. I do have an Asus ROG Formula-Z though so that could be why. I'll test on my older dell laptop later. 

i can vouch for the build quality. i have these in black switches and its been great thus far for about a year. and I got it at similar price. the most bang for buck mechanical keyboard

Rig

Spoiler

CPU: 4770k @ 4.2GHz 1.15v | Mobo: ASUS z87 Sabertooth | Cooler: Corsair H110 | RAM: Vengeance 32GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz | GPU: GIGABYTE G1 GTX 1070 | Storage: Samsung 840 series 250GB SSD, Seagate 2TB SSHD, Seagate 4.25TB HDD | PSU: Corsair AX850 80+ gold modu | Case: Corsair 650d | Keyboard: Corsair K65 RGB Cherry MX Reds & a Leopold 210TP Numberpad Cherry MX Blues | Mouse: Logitech G502, DECHANIC desk mat | Monitor: 2x Dell IPS 23" S2340m & ASUS 144hz 24" VG248QE | Speakers: CA-3602a | Headset: Steelseries Syberia v2 Frost Blue OS: Win 10 Pro