Really weird lag while playing a game, and really weird info in Task manager... virus?

superfantastic

So I was playing warhammer 2 with a friend and noticed very weird lag in the battle screen. My fps would be above 100 but then drop down to 20-30 for a moment and shoot back up again. It seemed to happen almost in a rythm.

The task manager said my gpu was used for 100% but I dont understand why. I played this game before with no such issues both on and offline.

Then I tried again with lowering some graphic settings but the problem happened again, this time I had even lower fps around 70-80 and drops to 20-30 again. Weirdly, it shows that the game is using 0% of my gpu while some other really weird process that ive never heard of takes between 20-40%. BcasrDVR something something. And desktop window manager also uses a lot of gpu?
ZZ.thumb.png.3f750d9e3fafb5e72b047311b2a69a58.png

11 minutes ago, levlferret said:

i think there is a spy on your pc. i checked the screenshot and i think thats it.

what do you mean

i mean that someone is problably spying on you via a webcam or your microphone. if you have either of those i recommend putting electrical tape (if thats a thing in your country) on top of your webcam/microphone. if your microphone is usb or microphone jack just stop using them. if your webcam is ball shaped also stop using it.

You need to disable all the Windows Game inbuilt recording and broadcasting settings.
The serviceHost is the WindowsGame Recording.

But... WHAT is that FIRST process for, it's using GPU as well as your Game and the Currently enabled Recording of gameplay..

Screenshot 2020-10-12 070604.jpg

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

3 minutes ago, levlferret said:

i mean that someone is problably spying on you via a webcam or your microphone. if you have either of those i recommend putting electrical tape (if thats a thing in your country) on top of your webcam/microphone. if your microphone is usb or microphone jack just stop using them. if your webcam is ball shaped also stop using it.

hold up why do you think so? What in the screenshot made you think this? Also I do not have a webcam.

1 minute ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

You need to disable all the Windows Game inbuilt recording and broadcasting settings.
But... WHAT is that FIRST process for, it's using GPU as well as your Game and the Currently enabled Recording of gameplay..

Screenshot 2020-10-12 070604.jpg

Yeah thank god, I thought this could be it too. My cat sometimes walks over the keyboard and I swear to god I dont know how but he turns on or off the most random of things, keyboard shortcuts I didn't even know existed. Background recording was indeed turned on. I turned it off now will see if that helps

???
This is using GPU, What does it say in English if you don't mind translating.

Screenshot 2020-10-12 070946.jpg

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Just now, superfantastic said:

hold up why do you think so? What in the screenshot made you think this? Also I do not have a webcam.

its because it looks like that. i have never seen this process before and that was just my thoughts. let me search that process on bing.

2 minutes ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

???
This is using GPU, What does it say in English if you don't mind translating.

Screenshot 2020-10-12 070946.jpg

its desktop windows manager, dmw.exe

2 minutes ago, superfantastic said:

its desktop windows manager, dmw.exe

Ahh that's okay then.. it's active because its active, if you use Non-Fullscreen & even Fullscreen modes it can do that..
Your game should be performing much better without the recording 'process' being saved to the drive at the same time.
Hope it really was all that it was... Cat's DGAF

Just now, levlferret said:

its because it looks like that. i have never seen this process before and that was just my thoughts. let me search that process on bing.

wrote what i think it said and got 0 results in bing. let me try searching the same thing in google

weird bcast thing.png

1 minute ago, levlferret said:

wrote what i think it said and got 0 results in bing. let me try searching the same thing in google

weird bcast thing.png

Yeah I searched that in google as well and got video capture stuff like SkilledRebuilds said, so that's probably it

1 minute ago, levlferret said:

weird bcast thing.png

Use simpler keywords and it'll give better results.
Broadcast or bcast, DVR, Userservice or User service, Win10, process
Things like that.. the Windows GPU capture is likely at fault here..

simply searching BcastDVR on bing, its just a randon exe file that is related with graphics

So does this process still run and is it fixed?

🤔

3 hours ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

Use simpler keywords and it'll give better results.
Broadcast or bcast, DVR, Userservice or User service, Win10, process
Things like that.. the Windows GPU capture is likely at fault here..

you know, maybe it's really something weird... I mean that is not the process name I would expect...

https://appuals.com/how-to-fix-high-cpu-disk-usage-by-broadcast-dvr-server-bcastdvr-exe/

on the other hand windows team really likes to call their processes like viruses... they prob think it's 3dGy... 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

23 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

So does this process still run and is it fixed?

🤔

you know, maybe it's really something weird... I mean that is not the process name I would expect...

https://appuals.com/how-to-fix-high-cpu-disk-usage-by-broadcast-dvr-server-bcastdvr-exe/

on the other hand windows team really likes to call their processes like viruses... they prob think it's 3dGy... 

Yes it's fixed. I turned off the recording and the problem is gone

👍

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux