6900xt or 3080

CoolName80

With the little teaser amd showed which would be better and how does the 6900xt compare to the 3080 with the games showed? 

8 minutes ago, CoolName80 said:

With the little teaser amd showed which would be better and how does the 6900xt compare to the 3080 with the games showed? 

According to what they showed and the settings they had on but cannot confirm if they messed with any of them, then that unknown card (might not be 6900XT) would be on par with the 3080 in Gears 5

8:25

It's all just rumors and speculation right now and it's best to wait for reviews until you can ask those questions

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

4 minutes ago, Syn. said:

According to what they showed and the settings they had on but cannot confirm if they messed with any of them, then that unknown card (might not be 6900XT) would be on par with the 3080 in Gears 5

8:25

It's all just rumors and speculation right now and it's best to wait for reviews until you can ask those questions

Is there any news or leaks of the price of the gpu

3 minutes ago, CoolName80 said:

Is there any news or leaks of the price of the gpu

Nope, and likely you won't see any price "leaks" until the GPUs launch, the price rumors for NVIDIA's 3000 series were all wrong.

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

1 minute ago, Syn. said:

Nope, and likely you won't see any price "leaks" until the GPUs launch, the price rumors for NVIDIA's 3000 series were all wrong.

2 minutes ago, Bad5ector said:

Patience grasshopper. 

Agreed. 

Neither.

Go with the Intel Xe GPU.

They are likely similar performance.  Get what you want when its available.

AMD 7950x / Asus Strix B650E / 64GB @ 6000c30 / 2TB Samsung 980 Pro Heatsink 4.0x4 / 7.68TB Samsung PM9A3 / 3.84TB Samsung PM983 / 44TB Synology 1522+ / MSI Gaming Trio 4090 / EVGA G6 1000w /Thermaltake View71 / LG C1 48in OLED

Custom water loop EK Vector AM4, D5 pump, Coolstream 420 radiator

15 hours ago, CoolName80 said:

Like a million other reviewers and people say:

Let the reviewers get their hands on, then use their experiences to form an opinion.

They just announced new AMD CPU's and a teaser of their Radeon 6000 series yesterday....They won't announce anything about the 6000 series until October 28, 2020. 

We are not Google and can't provide an answer for you on such little details until reviewers test them out and give their opinions on them. Personally, I'd just wait until all the scalpers and supply bring costs down and not be a guinea pig by spending $X.XX amount on new tech that hasn't seen how good they really are. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

15 hours ago, CoolName80 said:

I mean its almost obvious the one with 69 in it. 

JK, If AMD does manage to overthrow Nvidia which there is a high chance of it will be awesome, But just imagine it being a mid-tier Big-Navi GPU overthrowing Nvidia's 2nd Best !!!!! , whoopsie I dreamt a little too much

I will admit I have never owned an AMD card but have good friends who have owned them and had a horrible time with AMD drivers.  I guess for the most part that has been fixed and they are pretty stable now but the issues they have and the things I've read online ..again no personal experience.. but it made me uneasy enough to not want an AMD card.. just my personal thinking on it, I'm going to stay with a 3080/3090

11 minutes ago, MedicGarou said:

I will admit I have never owned an AMD card but have good friends who have owned them and had a horrible time with AMD drivers.  I guess for the most part that has been fixed and they are pretty stable now but the issues they have and the things I've read online ..again no personal experience.. but it made me uneasy enough to not want an AMD card.. just my personal thinking on it, I'm going to stay with a 3080/3090

I had a 5700XT for a short period and it had a major software issue where the fan wouldn't start back up after resuming from sleep.  The GPU would climb up over 100C and the computer would crash.  AMD makes good hardware I really home they can do something with drivers and features.

AMD 7950x / Asus Strix B650E / 64GB @ 6000c30 / 2TB Samsung 980 Pro Heatsink 4.0x4 / 7.68TB Samsung PM9A3 / 3.84TB Samsung PM983 / 44TB Synology 1522+ / MSI Gaming Trio 4090 / EVGA G6 1000w /Thermaltake View71 / LG C1 48in OLED

Custom water loop EK Vector AM4, D5 pump, Coolstream 420 radiator

58 minutes ago, MedicGarou said:

had a horrible time with AMD drivers

Unfortunately I have to agree.

For the most part they are fine, but then I come across the occasional issue that cause headaches, I very rarely come across these issues with Nvidia.

I bought a 5700xt which worked ok, but then I tried playing one of my favorite arcade games in starcraft 2 and I got awfully low fps, it was struggling with a 10 year old game on lowest settings, clearly some driver issue, but remains to this day.