Which partner makes the ugliest GPU coolers?

VLONE

I'd have to say EVGA, their cards have been absolutely hideous to me since at least the 10 series. Their 980/980 Tis looked really good IMO (especially 980 Ti K|ngp|n), but now their cards are so visually unappealing that I've stopped buying them despite their great support, quality, and warranty.

Of course this is very subjective, but with the newest 3080/3090 cards the EVGA FTW3, Galax and KFA2 models are the ugliest. Asus and MSI have the best looking models. And Asus has the best build quality. This is just my opinion.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

1 minute ago, Gamer Schnitzel said:

Palit, this is what I have

lol, it kinda looks like one of those rugged phones or laptops

I think EVGA really dropped the ball on 20 Series and above, same with other partners to be fair, and so far none of the 30 series GPUs appeal to me, I want a minimalist and elegant design like the Founders Edition, I despise the "gamer-y" aesthetic and I hope the honeymoon phase passes so they could actually focus on making elegant cards

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

Just now, Syn. said:

I think EVGA really dropped the ball on 20 Series and above, same with other partners to be fair, and so far none of the 30 series GPUs appeal to me, I want a minimalist and elegant design like the Founders Edition, I despise the "gamer-y" aesthetic and I hope the honeymoon phase passes so they could actually focus on making elegant cards

Yeah, I guess looking back at it the 10 series wasn't as bad as I remember, but their 20 series and definitely 30 series take the whole rgb stereotypical gamer aesthetic to the extreme. I guess a lot of people do like it however, because everyone keeps making them like that with the exeception of Nvidia.

Header-PD_EN.png

^ this looks so much better (and is probably a lot cheaper to produce since no LEDs and super weird shapes) to me than this v

Eg2aouBUYAAowy9?format=jpg&name=4096x409

1 hour ago, VLONE said:

I'd have to say EVGA, their cards have been absolutely hideous to me since at least the 10 series. Their 980/980 Tis looked really good IMO (especially 980 Ti K|ngp|n), but now their cards are so visually unappealing that I've stopped buying them despite their great support, quality, and warranty.

Lol the EVGA ACX 1080 is beautiful, it's absolutely one of the best designs I've ever seen or owned.

Screenshot_20200926-124326.png

Level 2 Tech Support for a Corporation servicing over 12,000 users and devices, AMA

Desktop - CPU: Ryzen 5800x3D | GPU: Sapphire 6900 XT Nitro+ SE | Mobo: Asus x570 TUF | RAM: 32GB CL15 3600 | PSU: EVGA 850 GA | Case: Corsair 450D | Storage: Several | Cooling: Brown | Thermal Paste: Yes

Laptop - Dell G15 | i7-11800H | RTX 3060 | 16GB CL22 3200

Plex - Lenovo M93p Tiny | Ubuntu | Intel 4570T | 8GB RAM | 2x 8TB WD RED Plus 

Just now, Lord Bloobus said:

Lol the EVGA ACX 1080 is beautiful, it's absolutely one of the best designs I've ever seen or owned.

Screenshot_20200926-124326.png

Yeah, I was a little confused, I like the EVGA 10 series cards (although I still kinda prefer the aesthetic of the FE cooler, just the blower fan is obviously awful) but beyond that they have really dropped the ball for me lol

1 minute ago, VLONE said:

Yeah, I was a little confused, I like the EVGA 10 series cards (although I still kinda prefer the aesthetic of the FE cooler, just the blower fan is obviously awful) but beyond that they have really dropped the ball for me lol

Yeah, especially putting their logo all over the fans, it's horribly tacky. Bring back the dude who did the 1000 series. And no clear plastic!

Level 2 Tech Support for a Corporation servicing over 12,000 users and devices, AMA

Desktop - CPU: Ryzen 5800x3D | GPU: Sapphire 6900 XT Nitro+ SE | Mobo: Asus x570 TUF | RAM: 32GB CL15 3600 | PSU: EVGA 850 GA | Case: Corsair 450D | Storage: Several | Cooling: Brown | Thermal Paste: Yes

1 minute ago, Lord Bloobus said:

Yeah, especially putting their logo all over the fans, it's horribly tacky. Bring back the dude who did the 1000 series. And no clear plastic!

Oh God I forgot about the clear plastic 2080 Tis

Just now, VLONE said:

Oh God I forgot about the clear plastic 2080 Tis

Makes it look like a cheap toy

€VGA 

and it's not even close 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio