Fan replacement

oskar23

Hey.

Im wondering if there are more quiet fans and better performing than enermax magma or enermax tb silence.

Im running tb silence on corsair h100i gtx with 5820k under heavy load for few hours. They are not silent whatsoever on max speed.

Its been a few years and i guess new things came out since then. Anything worth looking at?

Hey there!

My favorite picks are Noctua NF-F12 (for 120mm) and NF-A14 (for 140mm). They're usually colored brown, but if you don't like the colors there's a new all black version.

You can also try the Be Quiet! Silent Wings 3 (in either diameter).

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

I also think that a lot of scalpers are giivng up. I have seen some Ebay listings where people are actually begging people to just buy the cards. I have seen a listing earlier where the guy said that he "accidentally" "pre-ordered" 2 3080 and he only wants to sell it for base cost + fees and postage to get rid of it.

Why wouldn't he just cancel the 2nd pre-order?

They thought this was easy money and now they just wanna get their money back. Most of the scalpers are poor and used their savings to get quick cash. I hope many of them learned their lesson for the next launch.

4 minutes ago, Gamer Schnitzel said:

I also think that a lot of scalpers are giivng up. I have seen some Ebay listings where people are actually begging people to just buy the cards. I have seen a listing earlier where the guy said that he "accidentally" "pre-ordered" 2 3080 and he only wants to sell it for base cost + fees and postage to get rid of it.

Why wouldn't he just cancel the 2nd pre-order?

They thought this was easy money and now they just wanna get their money back. Most of the scalpers are poor and used their savings to get quick cash. I hope many of them learned their lesson for the next launch.

sir this is a wendys

topics i need help on:

Spoiler

my "oops i bought intel right before zen 3 releases" build

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 (placeholder)

GPU: Gigabyte 980ti Xtreme (also placeholder), deshroud w/ generic 1200rpm 120mm fans x2, stock bios 130% power, no voltage offset: +70 core +400 mem 

Memory: 2x16gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3600C16, 14-15-30-288@1.45v

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming

Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S w/ white chromax bling
OS Drive: Samsung PM981 1tb (OEM 970 Evo)

Storage Drive: XPG SX8200 Pro 2tb

Backup Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 4TB

PSU: Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 750W w/ black/white Cablemod extensions
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Dark (to be replaced with a good case shortly)

basically everything was bought used off of reddit or here, only new component was the case. absolutely nutty deals for some of these parts, ill have to tally it all up once it's "done" :D 

as for fans, i always buy noctuas. theyre the best you can buy but theyre priced accordingly. if you dont wanna pay 30 dollars per fan (a steal i know) the arctic p12/p14s are the best bang for your buck. you can get a 5 pack non pwm for like 30 bucks, 40 bucks for pwm. theyre super quiet and have great airflow, reviews say theyre awesome. 

topics i need help on:

Spoiler

my "oops i bought intel right before zen 3 releases" build

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 (placeholder)

GPU: Gigabyte 980ti Xtreme (also placeholder), deshroud w/ generic 1200rpm 120mm fans x2, stock bios 130% power, no voltage offset: +70 core +400 mem 

Memory: 2x16gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3600C16, 14-15-30-288@1.45v

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming

Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S w/ white chromax bling
OS Drive: Samsung PM981 1tb (OEM 970 Evo)

Storage Drive: XPG SX8200 Pro 2tb

Backup Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 4TB

PSU: Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium 750W w/ black/white Cablemod extensions
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Dark (to be replaced with a good case shortly)

basically everything was bought used off of reddit or here, only new component was the case. absolutely nutty deals for some of these parts, ill have to tally it all up once it's "done" :D 

I want to get something thats is really good because i need to keep my cpu cool. High temps affect my work.

nf a12x25 worth a shot? Or one of ur mentions guys?

On 9/26/2020 at 8:10 PM, oskar23 said:

I want to get something thats is really good because i need to keep my cpu cool. High temps affect my work.

nf a12x25 worth a shot? Or one of ur mentions guys?

The NF-A12x25 would be my choice, the NF-F12 and NF-P12 are also considerations though might not be as good.

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit