Need immediate cooling advice.

oldman3000
30 minutes ago, oldman3000 said:

Wow, thanks for the quick response. No, I do not have it overclocked. IT runs at stock speeds between 4.2 -4.5 GHZ. I am not too sure about the ambient temperature of my room but overall the climate where I live is more humid than hot (28 C- 35C). 

My PC is located near my room's window but nevertheless I would like the PC to be able to overclock as well without worrying about temps and I was wondering which cooler would help me do that.

is it getting sun on it that just by itself will raise the temps up in the case 

6 minutes ago, Mn3m3nth said:

Idle temps of 20+ degrees over ambient are terrible, the Hyper 212 is a budget cooler but it's one of the better budget ones.

Have you checked to make sure your fans are properly installed in a push-pull configuration?

You wouldn't be the first person to think they were only to find out they were all exhausting or vice versa... Definitely NOT speaking from experience there... nope definitely not...

AIO's are also of course always good options if you have the budget and the space in your case.

My 212 only came with one fan attached to it. Excuse my noobness as I am unfamiliar with cooling orientation. Should I buy another fan for my 212 and set it in a push/pull?

1 minute ago, keysbeast said:

is it getting sun on it that just by itself will raise the temps up in the case 

Nah. My room has a good amount of shade despite being a bit warm as pointed out by some people in the other comments. My Case sits next to my table.

Just now, oldman3000 said:

My 212 only came with one fan attached to it. Excuse my noobness as I am unfamiliar with cooling orientation. Should I buy another fan for my 212 and set it in a push/pull?

Sorry push pull refers to the case fan configuration.

You need to make sure that the front two are intakes with the rear exhausting (or vice versa), and then test your thermals again.

2 minutes ago, Mn3m3nth said:

Sorry push pull refers to the case fan configuration.

You need to make sure that the front two are intakes with the rear exhausting (or vice versa), and then test your thermals again.

Ohh... okay okay. I understand. Yes of course my case has a push/pull set up. 2 front intakes, which I clean twice a month and one rear exhaust which I clean once a month. I should also mention that my 2 intakes are the stock fans that came with the case which is why I am planning to replace them with better fans. As for the exhaust, I was using a Sickleflow but I want to change it now that it is 2 years old. 

Nah. My room has a good amount of shade despite being a bit warm as pointed out by some people in the other comments. My Case sits next to my table.

when was the last time you blew the dust out of it and checked your fan speeds you might not have the fans running at higher speeds that will help pull air thru your system and yes make sure the fans on the cooler are going the right way 

Ohh... okay okay. I understand. Yes of course my case has a push/pull set up. 2 front intakes, which I clean twice a month and one rear exhaust which I clean once a month.

Then you might want to try flipping them around, although not common some cases and coolers work better with one intake and two exhausts. Only way to find out is to test.

2 minutes ago, keysbeast said:

when was the last time you blew the dust out of it and checked your fan speeds you might not have the fans running at higher speeds that will help pull air thru your system and yes make sure the fans on the cooler are going the right way 

Just did that a few weeks ago. Cleaned all my dust filters and checked the fan speeds. My 2 intakes run at around 1200 RPM. My rear exhaust runs at around 1800 RPM and my CPU cooler Fan runs at 1500-1600 RPM.

2 minutes ago, Caroline said:

Meh, after 6+ years of blowing hot air into my old prebuilt I can confirm it's not that bad or a cause to make the CPU skyrocket to 100C instantly.

For the first 2-3 years I had that thing right at my room's window with the scorching sun hitting it for hours and not even then the CPU hit near 90, the fan did made a turbine sound though.

This year my new build will have to endure the summer, 6 months of hellish heatwaves and rain. It'll work, I'm pretty sure of it.

Do you think a good quality Air cooler like the Scythe Fuma or ThermalRight will be as good as some Water coolers. I am trying to avoid installing water coolers as my antec GX200 case isn't that spacious.

2 minutes ago, Caroline said:

Meh, after 6+ years of blowing hot air into my old prebuilt I can confirm it's not that bad or a cause to make the CPU skyrocket to 100C instantly.

For the first 2-3 years I had that thing right at my room's window with the scorching sun hitting it for hours and not even then the CPU hit near 90, the fan did made a turbine sound though.

This year my new build will have to endure the summer, 6 months of hellish heatwaves and rain. It'll work, I'm pretty sure of it.

THIS!!

It's almost like emosun thinks people in warmer countries can't use computers... Guess I'm just imagining the PC I have in my house in Portugal working with no issues in the summer... (or my brothers PC in Thailand that has to cope with the humidity as well as MUCH higher temps than 35C)

Just now, Caroline said:

It's great, just comes with shit goo TIM inside like the 8th gen ones, that's different.

You can always do this to improve temps

Top 15 Low Specs Games For PCs & Laptops For 2015 - YouTube

LMAO thanks. I will try it :D

9 minutes ago, Caroline said:

a $10 and a $100 fan will both do the same which is push air

well, excuse me but I've tested this and actually using 2 noctua fans as intake / front fans made my whole PC about 3-4C cooler, at *exactly* the same ambient temps (19-20C) compared to actually more expensive Lepa fans.

so what you said isn't entirely wrong cause the noctua *are* actually very cheap (chromax, around 12 euros) 🤣 but fans can and do make a difference, it just seems the noctua actually pull more air in (subjective but it'd make sense)

my other fans are bequiet, similar price but they don't seem to be as effective (also subjective, they seem noisier too) still not terrible fans for sure.

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

3 minutes ago, oldman3000 said:

Do you think a good quality Air cooler like the Scythe Fuma or ThermalRight will be as good as some Water coolers. I am trying to avoid installing water coolers as my antec GX200 case isn't that spacious.

In some cases (no pun intended) good air coolers can outperform AIO's, your case will only fit a 120mm rad I believe at the back of the case, unless those drive cages at the front are removable where you might fit a 240.

Good air coolers are expensive though and a 120mm AIO will probably do the job for cheaper, ymmv

insted of getting a new cooler i would get a new case if i jsut looked up the right case there is no venting out the top that right there gets ride of most of the heat and faster this is what i have and it moves air like a champ https://www.newegg.com/black-metallic-gear-neo-air-atx-mid-tower/p/N82E16811854092?Item=N82E16811854092

2 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

well, excuse me but I've tested this and actually using 2 noctua fans as intake / front fans made my whole PC about 3-4C cooler, at *exactly* the same ambient temps (19-20C) compared to actually more expensive Lepa fans.

so what you said isn't entirely wrong cause the noctua *are* actually very cheap (chromax, around 12 euros) 🤣 but fans can and do make a difference, it just seems the noctua actually pull more air in (subjective but it'd make sense)

my other fans are bequiet, similar price but they don't seem to be as effective (also subjective, they seem noisier too) still not terrible fans for sure.

I totally agree. They just push a little bit of air lol.

These are what I used in my case (when it was in use)

Very much need a fan controller for these, or the PC will lift off the table and fly away XD

14 minutes ago, keysbeast said:

insted of getting a new cooler i would get a new case if i jsut looked up the right case there is no venting out the top that right there gets ride of most of the heat and faster this is what i have and it moves air like a champ https://www.newegg.com/black-metallic-gear-neo-air-atx-mid-tower/p/N82E16811854092?Item=N82E16811854092

I would love to get those type of cases or coolers at those prices but I have to admit that I live in India. So our import and GST taxes are horrible. I end up paying almost twice as much and at times these products aren't even available here :(

Thanks for the suggestion though. Really like the case.

3 minutes ago, oldman3000 said:

I would love to get those type of cases or coolers at those prices but I have to admit that I live in India. So our import and GST taxes are horrible. I end up paying almost twice as much and at times these products aren't even available here :(

can you get a noctua CPU tower fan there?

I know they're actually expensive but as said I think outside of an AIO you're most realistic chance to get your PC running a little cooler .

Except you do the external ventilator thing, which might just work too!  🤔

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

4 minutes ago, oldman3000 said:

ok yah living in other countreies can suck i know i lived in germany for 3 years and the prices for stuff was way different then America one thing you could do is take everything out of your case and then mod it so it has the holes in top and also then you can just mount a case fan there and have it blowing air out so the only thing you would have to buy is a case fan and a drill bit theres vids all over about doing this might take you a couple of hours but in the end your temps will come down 

2 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

can you get a noctua CPU tower fan there?

I know they're actually expensive but as said I think outside of an AIO you're most realistic chance to get your PC running a little cooler .

Except you do the external ventilator thing, which might just work too!  🤔

Do you mean the DH-15. If so then yes. It's available for the equivalent of 250 $ in my currency. 

6 minutes ago, oldman3000 said:

Do you mean the DH-15. If so then yes. It's available for the equivalent of 250 $ in my currency. 

oof. that's expensive. it's up to you to decide if it's worth it, but damn. 😯

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

1 minute ago, Mark Kaine said:

oof. that's expensive. it's up to you to decide if it's worth it, but damn. 😯

Import taxes suck over here lol

lol figures. well imo it would be worth it, still cheaper than getting basically a whole new PC (motherboard, CPU) if you can afford it.   

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

1 minute ago, Mark Kaine said:

lol figures. well imo it would be worth it, still cheaper than getting basically a whole new PC (motherboard, CPU) if you can afford it.   

Yeah Will look into it. Thanks!

1 hour ago, Mn3m3nth said:

Coolers work with a delta above ambient, 20deg+ is bad, it has nothing to do with the starting ambient temperature, that's why it's a delta.

in that case i'll be sure to remember that cars cant overheat unless it's well over 200f outside

1 hour ago, oldman3000 said:

Something to try, it will help tell you if changing/adding case fans will help... Take the side panel off. Do Temps drastically fall? That should be the first thing that you try. Diagnose the problem before throwing money at it.