Need immediate cooling advice.

oldman3000

Pretty sure you can stick any 120mm fan on the 212 no? If so, I would first repaste and reseat the cooler, make sure idle temp is okay because most times I've dealt with crazy temps its because I messed up mounting the cooler. After validating that I'd probably invest in a Noctua NF-A12x25 fan and replace the current one. Or the Noctua 120mm NF-F12 industrial version whatever its called (3000rpm). Will be very violent and not at all silent, but maybe the safest option regarding the limitations of importing what is necessary.

The NF-A12x25 could make the crucial difference even if it needs to go to 2000rpm, the static pressure is beautiful and moves air nearly as well as 140mm. if you can afford it then get your hands in a Noctua NH-U12s and you'll be golden for time to come. They have compatibility for nearly all boards (relevant ones) and my favourite part is that installing it is so easy you would forever look at the 212 in disgust (happened to me).

If anybody has used a cheaperr cooler that isn't necessarilly quiet but just as good thermally that's fine too, I've only ever used quiet components so my experience is limited in terms of saving money.

-> Moved to Air Cooling

So as this hasn't been addressed yet, could you post actual screenshots of temps and CPU usage. Also something which shows what voltages. 50C for idle actually isn't that bad, but over 60C is, so is 95C under load. The case looks fine, and cooler should be able to keep things at OK range. Your temps seem like there's something stressing system when you think its "idle". Unless you see those same temps while in BIOS.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv