Help with adding ram to my system

Phobosy

Hey I currently have a MSI B365M PRO-VDH with 16gb of corsair vengeance LPX 3200Mhz and i'm wanting to put 16gb of more ram into it but this time i want to use the corsair vengeance RGB pro @3200Mhz this time however will I be able to simply add this into my pc without any worries or are there things i need to know? Thanks a lot 

38 minutes ago, Phobosy said:

Hey I currently have a MSI B365M PRO-VDH with 16gb of corsair vengeance LPX 3200Mhz and i'm wanting to put 16gb of more ram into it but this time i want to use the corsair vengeance RGB pro @3200Mhz this time however will I be able to simply add this into my pc without any worries or are there things i need to know? Thanks a lot 

Dont worry as long as they have the same timing it should be fine. 

yeah there is a high chance that will work. as its from the same brand and is the same frequency

Just now, Tom_nerd said:

yeah there is a high chance that will work. as its from the same brand and is the same frequency

should i disable my current XMP profile before putting the ram in? or should it just be plug and play?

Just now, Phobosy said:
2 minutes ago, Tom_nerd said:

should i disable my current XMP profile before putting the ram in? or should it just be plug and play?

could do although it will probably work. try doing it without turning off XMP then if it doesnt boot try turning off XMP

2 minutes ago, Phobosy said:

if it doesnt work yes

it'll likely work, nothing to do with brand, even same model doesnt necessarily work together unless they come in a kit, RAM is RAM

it either works, or it doesnt, there's a chance it wont work

either way you can try without turning off XMP, if that doesnt work then just reset CMOS and it should work at JEDEC

then you can try enabling XMP, though if your CPU IMC is weak and it's unstable, you might need to drop some frequency to make it stable

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately