Ants...

UltimateDave

That moment when you pick up your gameboy colour and ants come pouring out of it, or you store your TV and use it again to find ants under the screen. Anyone had problems like these? how would i fix the gameboy?

Having a slight ant problem eh? :D 

AP13519682.jpg

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

AP13519682.jpg

Sprays don't do much, powders which ants carry to their queen do the job much better.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Even if you kill the ants and get them out the device, they leave tiny bits, of food, biological waste, and dirt they have sticked on their parts. A full disassemble and cleaning would be much recommended before you even try to turn it on.

Sprays don't do much, powders which ants carry to their queen do the job much better.

Wow I never thought about it like that, it would spot the reproduction of ants. 

Thank god it don't have that! 

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

As suggested above. a full clean out will be needed no matter how you get rid of the ants.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

"Ants come pouring out of a Gameboy colour" - that sounds nightmarish  :mellow:

// Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 // AMD FX-8320 CPU @ 4.3 Ghz (7-21.5 Multiplier) 200.90mhz FSB CPU-Z Validated // Kraken X40 AIO - 2x140mm Push-Pull // 4GB Corsair Vengeance LP - 8GB Avexir Core Series Red 1760Mhz // Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro 1130mhz/4GB 1025mhz (Effective) GPU-Z Validation // Corsair SP2500 2.1 & Microlab Solo 9C Speakers // Corsair K90 Silver - Cherry MX Red & Blue LEDs // EVGA SuperNova 850w G2

I have like 10 ants in varoius shapes stuck below my ACER AL1702W i cant even get it out the biggest one is in the top right corner(sometimes ants come in my screen and i squish them and now theyre stuck...)

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

spray the gameboy with replant and use some spray to kill the ants

CPU 5900x| GPU 3080ti FE| MOBO MSI MPG CARBON MAX| RAM 32GB VENGENCE PRO 3200Mhz| STORAGE Samsung 980 Pro 1TB,2X WDSN750,4TB Seagate Barracuda| COOLING 1x Corsair 360mm XR7 54mm Radiator,1x EK-CoolStream PE 360mm Radiator| GPU Block: Corsair Hydro X Series, XG7 RGB| CPU Block: Corsair Hydro X Series, XC5 RGB| Fittings: EK-Torque STC & Corsair Hydro X Series XF| Pump/Res: EK-Quantum Kinetic TBE 300 D5| Tubing: Corsair Hydro X Series XT Softline| Liquid: Corsair Hydro X Series XL5 Clear| Fans: 10x Corsair SP120 RGB

Here's the thing about ants:

EDIT: Ignore the first little part.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Teach the ants how to play pokemon red, i think they can beat twitch plays pokemon time.

Open the gameboy, clean it and spray some repelent.

Steam: gray_fox_br

Cinnamon works quite well. leave a pile out in places where there are lots of them overnight and see what happens.

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB  | Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server):  Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC  | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega (server):                 Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3 4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha (WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780  | 840 Pro 512GB  | GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

AP13519682.jpg

Do i want electronics to be fried?

Store it somewhere ants can't get into it?

Like my room, and not on my sisters shelf, check.

dead ants short circuitry

Even if you kill the ants and get them out the device, they leave tiny bits, of food, biological waste, and dirt they have sticked on their parts. A full disassemble and cleaning would be much recommended before you even try to turn it on.

what i w

As suggested above. a full clean out will be needed no matter how you get rid of the ants.

i second that

"Ants come pouring out of a Gameboy colour" - that sounds nightmarish  :mellow:

out of the speakers, everywhere, GOD DAMMIT

Mallory_Archer.jpg

i dont even

I have like 10 ants in varoius shapes stuck below my ACER AL1702W i cant even get it out the biggest one is in the top right corner(sometimes ants come in my screen and i squish them and now theyre stuck...)

My tv is the same

spray the gameboy with replant and use some spray to kill the ants

dead ants and dead gameboy, no thankyou

Teach the ants how to play pokemon red, i think they can beat twitch plays pokemon time.

Open the gameboy, clean it and spray some repelent.

not the repelent part, but the rest, yes

Cinnamon works quite well. leave a pile out in places where there are lots of them overnight and see what happens.

its not a problem in the whole house, the TV was in someone elses house when it was stored and the ants are in my sisters room, where the gameboy was

as thinking

Now, where can i get one of those screwdrivers to undo the screws on the gameboy colour, they are triangle heads.

Triangle heads? Do you mean allen key holes?? If they are really triangles see if you can turn them with a flat head. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

I've had ants come out of my school laptop :0. Looked like a whole colony was in there

My god guys I suggest you find the source of where the ants are coming from and NOT leave food out.... 

oZjGp1x.gif

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

My god guys I suggest you find the source of where the ants are coming from and NOT leave food out.... 

oZjGp1x.gif

ants are from everywhere in australia and my sister does the food leaving