Time to upgrade GPU, I need some advices

zelange
Ok guys this is my actual pc config :

My objective is to change the graphic card (finally) for a 3080, for what i read my cpu will not be a bottleneck for 4k?

I think the power supply can't follow? estimate wattage is 548w :

Any advice? each buck i spend on the side components is something i don't spend in the 4k screen and i wish to not exceed 1200€ for cards screen + upgrade (i live in France).

550W is just at the limit, and that's using only the stock 320W tdp of the 380. the benchmarks released yesterday show it can draw up to 375W if the power limit is removed. so yes, I would recommend upgrading the psu as well as maybe at some point you'll also upgrade the cpu to something more powerful. 

also, if you don't go for the founders edition card, some of the other models might draw even more than 375W. I wouldn't power a 400W card with a 550PSU, it will struggle.

I'd go for a 700-750W psu to give you some room for overclokcing and future upgrades

this is a good option

31 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

550W is just at the limit, and that's using only the stock 320W tdp of the 380. the benchmarks released yesterday show it can draw up to 375W if the power limit is removed. so yes, I would recommend upgrading the psu as well as maybe at some point you'll also upgrade the cpu to something more powerful. 

also, if you don't go for the founders edition card, some of the other models might draw even more than 375W. I wouldn't power a 400W card with a 550PSU, it will struggle.

I'd go for a 700-750W psu to give you some room for overclokcing and future upgrades

this is a good option

dont do nothing juz uprade your psu, like it may be good while idle but when you put your pc underload then your psu might get busted,so i reccomend a 700w psu like this one here: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/V3YWGX/thermaltake-smart-pro-rgb-750w-80-bronze-certified-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-ps-spr-0750fpcbus-r

16 minutes ago, CutePanda said:

dont do nothing juz uprade your psu, like it may be good while idle but when you put your pc underload then your psu might get busted,so i reccomend a 700w psu like this one here: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/V3YWGX/thermaltake-smart-pro-rgb-750w-80-bronze-certified-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-ps-spr-0750fpcbus-r

that psu is quite bad for such a high end system, why are you recommending it?

1 minute ago, boggy77 said:

that psu is quite bad for such a high end system, why are you recommending it?

I THOUGHT HE WAS ON A TIGHT BUDGET, ANYWAY ITS JUST AN OPINION DECISION IS HIS

Just now, CutePanda said:

I THOUGHT HE WAS ON A TIGHT BUDGET, ANYWAY ITS JUST AN OPINION DECISION IS HIS

that's fine, no need to shout. the 3080 is the most high end gpu on the market currently. i wouldn't advise risking powering it with a low quality psu.

the one you recommended is a similar price to the one I recommended anyway, so not much saving there.

thank for your reply, it help me a lot! time to upgrade.