Screen tearing. Need assisstance.

Duckeee

So ye, i have 2 monitors, 1 a 240hz alien ware gaming monitor and 1 that is a cheap 60hz monitor, with no dp port so i use a hdmi cable. (both hook up to a singe gpu >rtx 2060<). So during a game i might be playing a game at a high frame rate/refresh rate e.g. 144hz to 240fps and i will start to watch a vid on my 60hz monitor or maybe stream and have obs on my second monitor BUT then.... my main monitor will change from a high refresh rate 240hz to a noticeable 60hz below and everything will seem so laggy and theres a lot of visible delay and everything thing that's bad about 60hz.

any fixes?

any suggestions?

can anyone tell me whats going on exactly between the monitors and the gpu?

to what i have researched and what people have told me, they said it was just screen tearing but didn't tell me if there was a fix. Now obviously, I can just switch to a lower refresh rate or lower graphics, but i'm to used to 144hz above and can't switch back to 60hz as my eyes see the lagg and delay. There a way around this option.

btw, can't do dual gpus as i don't have enough for a second rtx 2060.

Edited by Duckeee
forgot to add to a question

So your framerate lowers when watching a video? Can you check during gaming the refresh rate of the monitor and the framerate. Also check cpu usage.

Could you post full system specs?

Is the game fps dropping or it's just monitor refresh rate?

Is your CPU thread pinned at 100% when running OBS and videos? What CPU do you have? What encoder are you using?

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

2 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

Is the game fps dropping or it's just monitor refresh rate?

Is your CPU thread pinned at 100% when running OBS and videos? What CPU do you have? What encoder are you using?

No basically, something i forgot to add was that the refreshrate of the low monitor converts to the main monitor and will show the gameplay at 60hz although i'm at maybe 160fps.

9 minutes ago, jaslion said:

So your framerate lowers when watching a video? Can you check during gaming the refresh rate of the monitor and the framerate. Also check cpu usage.

Could you post full system specs?

i got

r5 3600

gigabyte aorus elite

16gb ram - cosair vengeance 2666mhz (i think, gonna check again)

rtx 2060 gigabyte oc edition

3 minutes ago, Duckeee said:

No basically, something i forgot to add was that the refreshrate of the low monitor converts to the main monitor and will show the gameplay at 60hz although i'm at maybe 160fps.

That's odd, try DDU your GPU driver and reinstall it

Refresh rate is handled by driver, so that may fix it

4 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

That's odd, try DDU your GPU driver and reinstall it

Refresh rate is handled by driver, so that may fix it

explain ddu ur gpu, i rlly don't know how, what or why that is. New to the pc world soooo..... ;D

First try to run your games at exclusive fullscreen, not borderless. Then set G-Sync settings to "apply to fullscreen and windowed mode". If nothing works, try DDU (display driver uninstaller). Just google it, it's quite simple.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

30 minutes ago, Duckeee said:

explain ddu ur gpu, i rlly don't know how, what or why that is. New to the pc world soooo..... ;D

Google display driver uninstaller and use it while in safe mode