Rumored GTX 880 specs

Hipstair

5gbs of ram and 320bit bus would of liked to of seen a 512bit bus like the r9 290x  :(

I'll upgrade my 670 to most likely a 880 regardless of specs, I know Nvida will make it Kickass

Same here but double it!

Fabrication Process: 28nm

Isn't it supposed to be 20nm? I'm not going to believe any of these specs.

5gbs of ram and 320bit bus would of liked to of seen a 512bit bus like the r9 290x  :(

Well that IS only rumoured specs. Not official specs. I think if NVIDIA wants to compete with AMD then a 512bit memory bus needs to be implemented on some of their Maxwell GTX 800 series GPUs.

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Classic nvidia....

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

Peripherals: Logitech G19 and SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Toshiba L50-A: i7 4700mq, 8gb, 1TB HDD, GT 740M 2gb

Isn't it supposed to be 20nm? I'm not going to believe any of these specs.

No, the 20nm wasn't ready which has been mentioned many a time that'll be 900 series well hopefully,

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

I see a higher clocked titan black without the double precision. So ill stick with my 780ti. I expect it will bring performance that's at least 10% better than a 780 ti while using at least a quarter less power. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

No, the 20nm wasn't ready which has been mentioned many a time that'll be 900 series well hopefully,

Thought that was only for the 750 and 750 ti since it doesnt really matter for them.

This all probably means a price drop on the 780, which I will gladly buy! Hopefully... :D

Or I'll just get an 870.

I'm gonna call BS purely on the grounds of DX 11.1. It will definitely support 11.2 and probably 12

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

For one, I highly doubt those are the finalized specs of the hard, leaks this early are usually off by a few CUDA cores. You're all missing the point of Maxwell though. If the numbers between Maxwell and Kepler are the same between cards with the same core configuration you're looking at a 1.5x increase in performance. Looking at AnandTech's own numbers for the Titan (which this rumored 880 takes the hardware from, albeit in a different configuration) then this card should get about 205 frames per second on Battlefield 3.

53395.png

Which I don't know about you, but that's pretty freaking amazing. Another thing, if the numbers do stay the same with Maxwell compared to Kepler then the GTX 880 should have a TDP of about 150 Watts. This is where things don't start to make sense (other than the listed 28nm fabrication).

If these numbers are true then that means that their high end card, hopefully they don't pull a 700 series and Ti every freaking lineup, that means they can cram 4480 CUDA cores onto the die and just manage to hit a 250W TDP mark, but the die size would be too big. If they wanted to keep it at around 551mmthen there could only be about 3763 CUDA cores but they would put (maybe) 3584 CUDA cores because of the new SMM architecture. (28 SMM's on the die).

This is entirely speculation from some numbers but it's food for thought.

Just gonna add this tid-bit. Maxwell was designed for reduced power consumption, those rumored 880 specs are still a hell of a lot faster than a Titan would be and at a lower TDP.

I call BS on these specs. For one, they wouldn't go down in the Bus size from one generation to the next. It doesn't make sense. More than likely they'll put a 512 bit bus in there. Also, I'm not sure about the power consumption. Seeing as Maxwell is expected to be extremely power efficient, I'd have expected it to be less than previous generation x80 Cards.

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

I call BS on these specs. For one, they wouldn't go down in the Bus size from one generation to the next. It doesn't make sense. More than likely they'll put a 512 bit bus in there. Also, I'm not sure about the power consumption. Seeing as Maxwell is expected to be extremely power efficient, I'd have expected it to be less than previous generation x80 Cards.

750 Ti has a smaller bus?

750 Ti has a smaller bus?

Yes, and it's a very low end card. I just wouldn't expect the same for the next flag-ship when 4K gaming is going to be the next big thing. I always thought that bus size was important in how well the Card's memory was accessed. Therefor, putting a smaller Bus on the card seems like a handicap from the get-go.

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

wait a sec...

wouldn't the 320 bit memory bus limit the capability of the 5gb vram?

Yes, and it's a very low end card. I just wouldn't expect the same for the next flag-ship when 4K gaming is going to be the next big thing. I always thought that bus size was important in how well the Card's memory was accessed. Therefor, putting a smaller Bus on the card seems like a handicap from the get-go.

Technically so is the 650 Ti BOOST, the 750 Ti still gets better performance for the most part.

Thought that was only for the 750 and 750 ti since it doesnt really matter for them.

20nm isn't meant to be properly ready till Q3/Q4 if i remember correctly

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

I personally think that NVIDIA would be better to wait so that they can deliver what they promised with the 20nm process. Even if we had to wait till early December or the start of 2015. Otherwise people might not trust NVIDIA if they don't stick with their word and what they promised.

I know how much people hate it when a Prime Minister or President doesn't deliver what they promised and I think that NVIDIA should stick to what they promised even if it means waiting longer than expected.

Yes I know I used the word "promise" to many times but it I'm just trying to get my point across.

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Classic nvidia....

AMD might have wider memory buses on their cards but their memory is clocked too slow to effectively use it all. You have to have a wide enough bus and fast enough memory, Nvidia knows that.

(also the last 512 bit GPU Nvidia did was the GTX 280/285)

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299