- Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD M.2 2280 - 1TB
- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO (WI-FI) motherboard
- Corsair TX750M powersupply - 750 Watt 120 mm

- Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black CPU-Cooler
- Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake S CPU

Best regards

Amir

Edited by EzraAmir

I would change the SSD, then it will be okay.

JK...

CPU: Intel Core i7 8086K, Delidded with Der8auer Custom Nickel-Copper IHS and Coollaboratory Liquid Ultra CPU Cooling: Scythe Ninja 5 with Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Thermal Paste Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Taichi RAM: 2x16GB Kingston Predator DDR4 3200 MHz 15-17-17-36 GPU: Gainward RTX 2080 Phoenix GS with Raijintek Morpheus II Core Black Heatpipe VGA Cooler, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Thermal Paste and 2x Scythe Kaze Flex PWM 120mm fans Case: SilentiumPC Regnum RG4T Pure Black TG Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB, Samsung 970 EVO 500GB, Seagate ST4000DM 4TB HDD, Toshiba HDWD240 4TB HDD PSU: SilentiumPC Supremo FM2 Gold 750W Case Cooling: 6x Scythe Kaze Flex PWM 120mm fans Keyboard: Corsair Strafe Mechanical Keyboard Mouse: Trust GXT845 Tural Display: Sharp LC-50LD265E Operating System: Windows 10

Hi H6NS, 

which ssd would you require for the system? :)

2 minutes ago, EzraAmir said:

Hi H6NS, 

which ssd would you require for the system? :)

I was just kidding, I think that your PC is ready for 3090.

CPU: Intel Core i7 8086K, Delidded with Der8auer Custom Nickel-Copper IHS and Coollaboratory Liquid Ultra CPU Cooling: Scythe Ninja 5 with Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Thermal Paste Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Taichi RAM: 2x16GB Kingston Predator DDR4 3200 MHz 15-17-17-36 GPU: Gainward RTX 2080 Phoenix GS with Raijintek Morpheus II Core Black Heatpipe VGA Cooler, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Thermal Paste and 2x Scythe Kaze Flex PWM 120mm fans Case: SilentiumPC Regnum RG4T Pure Black TG Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB, Samsung 970 EVO 500GB, Seagate ST4000DM 4TB HDD, Toshiba HDWD240 4TB HDD PSU: SilentiumPC Supremo FM2 Gold 750W Case Cooling: 6x Scythe Kaze Flex PWM 120mm fans Keyboard: Corsair Strafe Mechanical Keyboard Mouse: Trust GXT845 Tural Display: Sharp LC-50LD265E Operating System: Windows 10

Ooooh :i

I'm new in the tech world :D But Thank you for the fast answer ;) 

3 minutes ago, Samfisher said:

TBH that's a very pedestrian PSU for such a high end PC.

What you suggest with the rtx 3090? :)

1 minute ago, EzraAmir said:

What you suggest with the rtx 3090? :)

A 850w PSU from a higher quality model would be great, although TX is still decent enough.  It depends on your overclocks and how much power you're currently already pulling.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

A 850W Gold/Platinum would be a safer bet imo.

Also, keep tabs on the task manager while gaming for a few days, you might wanna add another 16 Gigs of RAM in case of bottlenecking (although the chances are very less)

On a realistic answer, if you run your machine at a medium-high load for as long as I do (like 16-18 hours a day maybe. Basically all the time that I'm not at work), then you might want to consider getting a larger power supply.

Let me be very clear, this is in no way necessary, your current build is perfectly fine for average gamer use. The larger power supply is more of a power supply longevity thing than a having enough power thing. Your current power supply has more than ample power to power your rig with a 3090 in it. The advice really only applies if you need to keep your build for a really long time (power supplies wear out like anything else does).

Although, in agreeance with @Samfisher, I would consider getting a larger and higher quality power supply.

A specific recommendation is relatively hard to give here, but for my personal rigs I try to target a ~60% PSU load at maximum system load based solely on processor/GPU combo. So, for example, a machine with a 10900k (330 watts if overclocking well) and an rtx2080ti (~250 watts) I would go with a 900-1000 ((330 + 250) / 0.6 = 916) watt PSU. Be warned though, this is overkill.

4 minutes ago, IHateHell said:

you might wanna add another 16 Gigs of RAM

What? OP already has 32?

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

20 minutes ago, straight_stewie said:

On a realistic answer, if you run your machine at a medium-high load for as long as I do (like 16-18 hours a day maybe. Basically all the time that I'm not at work), then you might want to consider getting a larger power supply.

Let me be very clear, this is in no way necessary, your current build is perfectly fine for average gamer use. The larger power supply is more of a power supply longevity thing than a having enough power thing. Your current power supply has more than ample power to power your rig with a 3090 in it. The advice really only applies if you need to keep your build for a really long time (power supplies wear out like anything else does).

Although, in agreeance with @Samfisher, I would consider getting a larger and higher quality power supply.

A specific recommendation is relatively hard to give here, but for my personal rigs I try to target a ~60% PSU load at maximum system load based solely on processor/GPU combo. So, for example, a machine with a 10900k (330 watts if overclocking well) and an rtx2080ti (~250 watts) I would go with a 900-1000 ((330 + 250) / 0.6 = 916) watt PSU. Be warned though, this is overkill.

What? OP already has 32?

Thank you for an great answer! 😊

24 minutes ago, IHateHell said:

A 850W Gold/Platinum would be a safer bet imo.

Also, keep tabs on the task manager while gaming for a few days, you might wanna add another 16 Gigs of RAM in case of bottlenecking (although the chances are very less)

Thank you for the fast answer! 😊

32 minutes ago, Samfisher said:

A 850w PSU from a higher quality model would be great, although TX is still decent enough.  It depends on your overclocks and how much power you're currently already pulling.

Great, thank you for the fast answer! 😊

Is an (EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 T2 PSU - 1000 Watt - 140 mm - 80 Plus Titanium certified) high end psu? 

2 hours ago, EzraAmir said:

Is an (EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 T2 PSU - 1000 Watt - 140 mm - 80 Plus Titanium certified) high end psu? 

Yes, that's a very high end PSU.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

22 hours ago, EzraAmir said:

It definitely is and, might I also add, is overkill for the build

Don't buy a new psu until we see what the power consumption of the RTX 3090 is. Not sure if there is a review embargo, but only a couple of weeks until release anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

My 3090 shows the bios is capped at 450W and the power slider in Precision X1 goes to 107, with that said and power slider set to 107 I have seen it go as high as 460W in Time Spy Extreme

I should add this is an eVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra with 3 x PCI-E power connectors. I run a 9900k CPU with a Gigabute x390 Aorus Master mother board with 2 x 12 Pin CPU cables. My 10yr old Silverstone  Strider 1000W PSU isn't holding up and get periodic system reboots when under gaming load and the PSU feels hot, the PSU is from 2010 so I have ordered a new one and waiting for it to arrive.