When do tech tubers recieve hardware for reviews?

shinjichiro

Im pretty new at the whole scene of computers but i have a question,

Normally, does tech tubers recieve the new hardware such as GPUs like the RTX 3000 for reviews before it goes to the shelves on September 17?

Or Its availablity is always the same with the rest of us?

2 minutes ago, shinjichiro said:

Im pretty new at the whole scene of computers but i have a question,

Normally, does tech tubers recieve the new hardware such as GPUs like the RTX 3000 for reviews before it goes to the shelves on September 17?

Or Its availablity is always the same with the rest of us?

The usually get it before the release date but they are under an NDA (non-disclosure agreement) after that, when the cards are officially released, they upload their reviews

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

1 minute ago, Origami Cactus said:

before. Some people already have nvidia 3000 gpus at their hands for testing.

Thank you so much!

They get them in advance, but with very strict rules on what information they can publish about it (usually nothing). They violate these rules, they won't get another review sample.

Some selected few will get that directly from Nvidia or OEM partners.

The review unit will be pass around between reviewer (if units are limited).

Other unfortunate (or blacklisted) reviewer will have to get it by themself after launch.

NDA should prevented reviewers to reveal the numbers before embargo date.

Violates this, surely get blacklisted from future launch.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

Marques Brownlee: so I've had that phone for few weeks.

Those people usually have a pre-production model that they have to return after some people of time. Sometimes the same exact hardware goes from tester to another tester. Some companies let them keep em

On 9/2/2020 at 4:34 PM, SupaKomputa said:

Some selected few will get that directly from Nvidia or OEM partners.

The review unit will be pass around between reviewer (if units are limited).

Other unfortunate (or blacklisted) reviewer will have to get it by themself after launch.

NDA should prevented reviewers to reveal the numbers before embargo date.

Violates this, surely get blacklisted from future launch.

I see. Then i guess the better question that i should have asked is does NDA usually gets lifted before the release date? I mean do we usually see benchmarks and tests before the day we can order them. (Im asking based on how previous releases went)

7 minutes ago, shinjichiro said:

I see. Then i guess the better question that i should have asked is does NDA usually gets lifted before the release date? I mean do we usually see benchmarks and tests before the day we can order them. (Im asking based on how previous releases went)

The embargo is often same time as orders go live, which is crappy.

Sept 15-16th

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

8 hours ago, shinjichiro said:

NDA embargo dates varied from products.

Usually if the brand is very confident about the product, they lift it beforehand.

If not, they will make it after, like the recent release of Sony's Last of Us 2 which lifted the embargo 24 hours after online sales.

They knew most of the fans will pick it up at day 0, millions took it, it was the best launch sales in history, and turns out it was a total disappointment.

Imagine if reviews released a day before.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w