S4 or S5?

fitonon

I have been using Wave 2 for the last few years and I am thinking of upgrading to Android phone. My only experience of using S4 which my friend got it half year ago is great. Good stylish and fast running. Nexus 5 looks also great but it is non-removable and I relied on swapping OEM and a spare from mpj when I was using my S8530 :(  I heard that Samsung S5 will be released soon, so my question is whether I should buy S4 or S5?

Welcome to the forum :)
Are you buying on or off contract?
I highly recommend the Oppo Find 7 as a contender.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

s4 imo

i just bought one for my mum for $550aud on ebay so y not and s5 gunna be like 700-800 at launch and not much of an upgrade really.

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only a GTX 1080, just a single 1080, where my glorious PC once stood....

For that is all I need, For the Emperor of Man, Jen-Hsun Huang, protects. We march for Nvidia, and we shall know no fear!

I have been using Wave 2 for the last few years and I am thinking of upgrading to Android phone. My only experience of using S4 which my friend got it half year ago is great. Good stylish and fast running. Nexus 5 looks also great but it is non-removable and I relied on swapping OEM and a spare from mpj when I was using my S8530 :(  I heard that Samsung S5 will be released soon, so my question is whether I should buy S4 or S5?

Just buy the S5, you will have a newer phone which is a year ahead of the S4. It will have the latest and greatest.

Though for having the latest and greatest comes with a higher cost. 

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

Just buy the S5, you will have a newer phone which is a year ahead of the S4. It will have the latest and greatest.

Though for having the latest and greatest comes with a higher cost. 

I don't think the S5 is really worth the extra cost. It's a substantially larger device with basically the same size screen.

I'd only go S5 if you need the extra large storage capacity.

Find 7 destroys the S5 in almost every aspect.

Down between those two though, the LTE-A S4, or standard S4 with the leatherette back would be just as good.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Get a nexus 5. It's great, cheap, and has a good build quality. The Find 7 should be good as well.

When you need to decide between S4 and S5, I would go for the S4, since the S5 doesn't adds any important features, and will just cost more.

• 3 weeks later...

I think S4 will be a great phone at great price

The OnePlus One is (well, will be) the best price to performance phone.

COMIC SANS

Neither, samsung phones are getting worst and worst.  Companies like Motorola, HTC, LG (Nexus) are starting to have phones that just overall better.  Samsung is just milking the money from their consumers using their name like apple.

I would recommend looking into Sony's offerings, Xperia Z2 looks to be a lot better. S5 is too expensive for what it offers and S4 is pretty much dead now that there is a new iteration. 'Tis the Samsung way.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Btw those two u should definitely go for s4.S5 doesn't bring anything new to the take I feel.U should also consider htc one m8 or m7

None?

There are far better phones.

iPhone 6 :D.

NO

YES

NO

S5

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

I have the S4 and it is a great phone. 

Why are so many people recommending the S4 (other than "because that's what I own")? The 5S is much better, but still pretty disappointing. OP I suggest you wait a little while if possible, and then check out the Oppo Find 7, One+ One as well as the Sony Xperia Z2.

Just be warned though, we should see devices using Qualcomm's latest portfolio of components pretty soon. New CPU, new GPU and new modem, so if you buy right now your device will not be the latest and greatest for more than a few months. The new components looks very promising as well.

• 3 weeks later...

S5, not because of the fingerprint scanner or the heartbeat sensor but because of the design. It is square with a bigger screen and I think the new touchwiz while having no difference to some people, is much better in my opinion. Better camera and I love how they got rid of the glossy design while very appealing, but not very good once you hold it. But I also hate the S5's backing because it will pick up dirt and dust when placed on a table. also 

apple.com

and the best part is the S5 lasts two days on one charge beat that S4.

• 2 months later...

Neither. Samsung Phone is trash.