PICS 450D web page and specs

spwath

The Obsidian series pretty much is the storm trooper of all cases. They all look the same but they serve different sizes of motherboard and look more "mature" but they sneak in a wonderful window thats add more to its looks. I think its simplicity is what draws people into it. Good for Corsair! Im a proud 900D owner and I hope they keep adding in up date to the interiors.  

[ Cruel Angel ]:     Exterior  -   BENQ XL2420T   |   SteelSeries MLG Sensei   |   Corsair K70 RED   |   Corsair 900D  |                                                                                                    CPU:    -   4.7Ghz @ 1.425v             |

Interior    -   i7 4770k   |    Maximus VI Formula    |   Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB    |   ASUS GTX 980 Strix SLIx2  |  840 Pro 512Gb    |    WD Black 2TB  |           RAM:   -   2400Mhz OC @ 1.650v    |

Cooling   -   XSPC 120mm x7 Total Radiator Space   |   XSPC RayStorm    |    PrimoChill Tubing/Res  |                                                                                             GPU:   -   1000Mhz @ 1.158            |

Well this was never supposed to be public yet

Any case, not just the 450D.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

Am I the only one who thinks it's ugly?

Nope. I'm with you.

I don't understand this case. They take out the big solid aluminum front panel, which is probably the most recognizable part of these newer Obsidians, and replace it with a Caselabs wannabe. And then go and hide the SSDs. The whole thing seems kinda backward.

Nope. I'm with you.

I don't understand this case. They take out the big solid aluminum front panel, which is probably the most recognizable part of these newer Obsidians, and replace it with a Caselabs wannabe. And then go and hide the SSDs. The whole thing seems kinda backward.

Yep, 100% agree. Don't see the point of this case.

Yep, 100% agree. Don't see the point of this case.

Preferences, that'd be the point, it's all about covering for every consumer. I for example don't like much the solid front panel, I prefer the grill, am I "backward" because I like it? no. You guys like the solid panel? well there are already cases like that. It's all about perspective and preferences, and the thing is all preferences are right, because it's a personal choice.  :)

As long as they release a solid front panel to replace the huge fan grill, then I think this case should do pretty well. It's an air-flow optimized alternative to the H440.

Really? I want this kind of grill for my 750D. when i take off the solid panel my GPU temps drop 10 degrees.

Yes what i was thinking. BUt cheaper. And no hotswap. and slightly different front.

By the way, how do you like your 650d?

I love it, but I ripped out the hot swap bay (pissed me off), and the fans are kinda loud. Also not that much room for cable management.

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

looks like they did a grill mod on the front of a 750d which is am undecided about. By the looks of it it has the same water cooling capacity as a 750D in a mid tower form factor rather than a full tower which i am pleased to see. I am to entiely pleasd with the change is SSD placement because it would make cable management a fucking nightmare

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

shrank the case height form 750D by one 5.25" bay, eliminated the extra width

mobo choices which reduces the depth, reduced the mobo tray from 9 PCI slots

to 7 slots, waffled the front panel.

makes this a competitor for the 500mm mid tower price point. should have been

the 750D, so the newer 730/760T can easily have the 550mm market with pre-done

mods and explainable cost differences.

You should have just screenshotted it and uploaded the pics. But the internal layout looks like a 330R to me.

You should have just screenshotted it and uploaded the pics. But the internal layout looks like a 330R to me.

I did that. On the first page I have a link to my screenshot of website, and farther down the forum page I have pics uploaded.

Oh I see what you are saying. I'll change that when I'm home.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Just noticed, Kingston lock

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I think I'm fallen in love!

Build log "Whiplash" : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/158477-the-hero/

Whiplash: 4790k@4,4Ghz|Maximus VII Hero|4x4Gb Red/Black HyperX fury 1866Mhz|R9 290 Tri-X|Modded 450D|Sleeved cables on a M12II evo 850W|M500 480Gb| BenQ XL2411T@144Hz

Laptop: 4700MQ|16Gb@1600Mhz|Quadro 1100M|1080P|128Gb SSD|500Gb 7200RPM hdd

I think I'm fallen in love!

Ik I'm def getting it.

I'm looking for a smaller version of the 750D for a couple of months now! I almost bought the carbide air 540r last week. But I think I'll wait untill this one gets released in my country (usually cases release a bit later here). 

Build log "Whiplash" : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/158477-the-hero/

Whiplash: 4790k@4,4Ghz|Maximus VII Hero|4x4Gb Red/Black HyperX fury 1866Mhz|R9 290 Tri-X|Modded 450D|Sleeved cables on a M12II evo 850W|M500 480Gb| BenQ XL2411T@144Hz

Laptop: 4700MQ|16Gb@1600Mhz|Quadro 1100M|1080P|128Gb SSD|500Gb 7200RPM hdd

I think we should call @LinusTech down here, see what he thinks of this case.

You guys will get a lot more info on 3/25. 

But for those keeping score:

1 - ?

2 - 250D

3 - 350D 

4 - ?

5 - 550D 

6 - 650D (nearing EOL)

7 - 750D

8 - 800D (now EOL)

9 - 900D

The 650D is 3 years old and very large and expensive for a mid tower. The 750D effectively replaced it, with more capabilities for less money. Sacrificing two features of the 650D (hot swap dock and side panel latches) we were able to make a REALLY good full tower for the price of a high-end mid tower. And you guys have responded, the 750D is flying off shelves.

However, the #1 request for our Obsidian line (aside from Mini ITX, which we just launched) was a new mid tower to replace the 650D, because the 750D was too big for some. So we took a look around the market, gathered up some competitors' parts in the lab, did some testing, and developed something new. I think you'll like it. Though it'll be priced similarly to the H440, the focus is completely different, as that's their quiet product line, and really designed to kill the Define R4 from Fractal (and good luck to them! the R4 has been a monster for years! It'd be good to see some change.)

If you like the 350D and the 750D, but want something in the middle, I think you'll be very happy on 3/25. 

1 - ?

2 - 250D

3 - 350D

4 - ?

5 - 550D

6 - 650D (nearing EOL)

7 - 750D

8 - 800D (now EOL)

9 - 900D

The 650D is 3 years old and very large and expensive for a mid tower. The 750D effectively replaced it, with more capabilities for less money. Sacrificing two features of the 650D (hot swap dock and side panel latches) we were able to make a REALLY good full tower for the price of a high-end mid tower. And you guys have responded, the 750D is flying off shelves.

However, the #1 request for our Obsidian line (aside from Mini ITX, which we just launched) was a new mid tower to replace the 650D, because the 750D was too big for some. So we took a look around the market, gathered up some competitors' parts in the lab, did some testing, and developed something new. I think you'll like it. Though it'll be priced similarly to the H440, the focus is completely different, as that's their quiet product line, and really designed to kill the Define R4 from Fractal (and good luck to them! the R4 has been a monster for years! It'd be good to see some change.)

If you like the 350D and the 750D, but want something in the middle, I think you'll be very happy on 3/25.

Now what's with the meshy front panel?

Some people dislike it but I kind of like it.

I'm defiantly getting this case, and 119$ is a good price. Cant wait!

Now what's with the meshy front panel?

Some people dislike it but I kind of like it.

I'm defiantly getting this case, and 119$ is a good price. Cant wait!

Focus on 550D is silence. Focus on 350D and 750D has been watercooling expansion with decent airflow.

Overall, there's a gap where you could increase performance and since the 650D had a mesh front for improved aircooling...

thank you for putting a brighter light on this!

thank you for putting a brighter light on this!

yeah I agree. Now to wait a month before I can hear when I can buy it!

ive sold my H440 and like @Corsair George said, 750D is big for some. and mine is

that for me, needing 500mm or smaller. my arc midi needs updating. thought the

750D was the beast, missed it, H440! nopers. so c'mon 450D!

ive sold my H440 and like @Corsair George said, 750D is big for some. and mine is

Yeah right now I have an icky phantom 410In red. Way to much cheap feeling plastic

Out of curiosity why did you sell the H440?

1 - ?

2 - 250D

3 - 350D 

4 - ?

5 - 550D 

6 - 650D (nearing EOL)

7 - 750D

8 - 800D (now EOL)

9 - 900D

Good to hear! I am in desperate need of a new case for my new build. I have a short list of cases I am looking at now but will wait a little longer to see what 3/25 potentially brings.

By the way, I will bet a toe (just not one of mine :P ) that number 1 will be a 150D. Seems like a possibility to me.