Help me decide Logitech Z333 vs Edifier R1280T

Rodark

Hi there, i got a limited budget (80e) since i recently build my desktop and im looking for some decent pc speakers. I dropped the idea of 5.1 since at that price range i dont think i can get decent surround.

Ill be using them for gaming/music/movies.

Logitech is the company i know. heard many good things and always saw online good reviews about their speakers. Edifier seems to be focused in audio.

z333 are selling hot here, vfm for 50e. the edifier ones are 80e but also have good reviews. Im afraid their bass might be worse since they dont have a dedicated sub. They do have although a treble+bass controller, while the z333 have fake tweeters.

Unfortunately i dont leave alone, so my speakers MUST have good low audio.

Which ones would you advice i get?

I must say, that im not really an audiophile. I currently use some really old 5.1 sbs 580 creative, in stereo with 2 speakers only since my other satellites have some issues. and those sound GOOD to me. so before i spend the extra 30e, which can go towards my headphones budget, i thought i ask here

Out of the 2 speakers the 1280t is a much better set of speakers. It does have good quality bass that can dig pretty deep but it's not bass heavy it's pretty controled. You can eq the bass with the built in eq though. But it's not really a substitute to a good subwoofer.the Logitech subs are fun and bassy but the rest of the speakers as in the tweeter and such just ruin it. They are also super cheap subs that give you more  the feeling of having a subwoofer in your system than actually having a sub in your system.

5 minutes ago, nox_ said:

Edifier's are much much better.

so you would advise to spend the extra 30?

7 minutes ago, rice guru said:

Out of the 2 speakers the 1280t is a much better set of speakers. It does have good quality bass that can dig pretty deep but it's not bass heavy it's pretty controled. You can eq the bass with the built in eq though. But it's not really a substitute to a good subwoofer.the Logitech subs are fun and bassy but the rest of the speakers as in the tweeter and such just ruin it. They are also super cheap subs that give you more  the feeling of having a subwoofer in your system than actually having a sub in your system.

im sorry im new to this, do they come with some sort of equalizer software or do you mean like playing with realteks settings? or just tune in the media player? im using musicbee btw.

also, im sorry im new to this, they wont interfere with headphones right? ill be connecting them to my mobo in the back and im planning on using headphones on the pc cases mic and audio jack. that was another plus on logitech since their volume control has a build in headphones jack

2 minutes ago, nox_ said:

Yes, absolutely. @rice guru answered that more thoroughly.

hmm since the logitech is more bass focused though, wouldnt it be more immersive for gaming?

2 minutes ago, Rodark said:

hmm since the logitech is more bass focused though, wouldnt it be more immersive for gaming?

No bass is bass but with the 1280t setup as a nearfields soundstage and imaging is better than the Logitech's. Sounds in front of you get played more accurately in the respect of angles. Which Logitech's struggle to do. Bass is cool for gaming for explosions but that really it. the Edifier comes with a hardware integrated eq you can play with . The bass that comes out of the Logitech's while potentially more than the edifiers, its lack luster at best

image.png

9 minutes ago, Rodark said:

You really want logitech? Even audio pro's in your other thread said to go for edifiers, so you should go with that :) Only bass is decent on the logitech's, nothing else, with edifier's you have good all rounders and with logi's you get speakers that are decent at one thing and suck in others. You could look for a used powered sub, they can be pretty cheap. Again, @rice guruanswered better :D

Edited by nox_

5 minutes ago, rice guru said:

No bass is bass but with the 1280t setup as a nearfields soundstage and imaging is better than the Logitech's. Sounds in front of you get played more accurately in the respect of angles. Which Logitech's struggle to do. Bass is cool for gaming for explosions but that really it. the Edifier comes with a hardware integrated eq you can play with . The bass that comes out of the Logitech's while potentially more than the edifiers, its lack luster at best

image.png

ooooh you meant that eq XD the minute i read equalizer i thought software. thank you for the detailed explanation, ill go with those! also they have 2 separate connections, so ill hook em up on my tv and pc!

5 minutes ago, nox_ said:

You really want logitech? Even audio pro's in your other thread said to go for edifiers, so you should go with that :) Only bass is decent on the logitech's, nothing else, with edifier's you have good all rounders and with logi's you get speakers that are decent at one thing and suck in others. You could look for a used powered sub, they can be pretty cheap. Again, @rice guruanswered better :D

thank you for the info, ill go with the edifiers!!

Just now, Rodark said:

ooooh you meant that eq XD the minute i read equalizer i thought software. thank you for the detailed explanation, ill go with those! also they have 2 separate connections, so ill hook em up on my tv and pc!

Nice they really are really good budget speakers and honestly better than any Logitech speaker you can buy even the $200 ones