Overheating, think it's the Psu.

Phillipwrased

Now, I switched the old amd e350 with a kinda newer a6 5400k, 8gigs of ddr3 ram and the fm2a75 pro4-m motherboard. Now the pc suddenly turns off at either being on for long or just some gaming for 1-2hours. It's pretty hot after it turns off. The cpu is at 50 degrees celsius, so it won't be the cpu which overheats, there is no graphic card installed, but the Psu (Aka the Corsair Vs350) is kinda hot, would say its like 50-60 degrees. I think the Psu is overheating, what do u think? I'd like to get every information, u know. 

PC

MB: Fm2a75 Pro4-M

CPU: AMD A6 5400K Not OC and iGPU

RAM: 4×2GB DDR3 1333MHZ

PSU: CORSAIR VS350

STORAGE: KINGSTON A400 240GB SSD

11 minutes ago, Phillipwrased said:

would say its like 50-60 degrees

How did you measure that?

:)

The VS350 is only rated 350 watts at 40c ambient temperature (temperature inside the case).

If the temperature inside the case goes above 40c, you're supposed to derate the psu by around 10-20%, so your psu "becomes" a 300w psu

But still, that cpu should not consume more than around 100-125 watts.,, so overall the psu should be working. 

Try to get pc to crash while the case is opened and see if it keeps crashing

19 minutes ago, Phillipwrased said:

Now, I switched the old amd e350 with a kinda newer a6 5400k, 8gigs of ddr3 ram and the fm2a75 pro4-m motherboard. Now the pc suddenly turns off at either being on for long or just some gaming for 1-2hours. It's pretty hot after it turns off. The cpu is at 50 degrees celsius, so it won't be the cpu which overheats, there is no graphic card installed, but the Psu (Aka the Corsair Vs350) is kinda hot, would say its like 50-60 degrees. I think the Psu is overheating, what do u think? I'd like to get every information, u know. 

PC

MB: Fm2a75 Pro4-M

CPU: AMD A6 5400K Not OC and iGPU

RAM: 4×2GB DDR3 1333MHZ

PSU: CORSAIR VS350

STORAGE: KINGSTON A400 240GB SSD

Is the fan on the PSU even spinning? 

19 minutes ago, seon123 said:

How did you measure that?

While I touch the cpu, it feels the same to the psu

12 minutes ago, mariushm said:

The VS350 is only rated 350 watts at 40c ambient temperature (temperature inside the case).

If the temperature inside the case goes above 40c, you're supposed to derate the psu by around 10-20%, so your psu "becomes" a 300w psu

But still, that cpu should not consume more than around 100-125 watts.,, so overall the psu should be working. 

Try to get pc to crash while the case is opened and see if it keeps crashing

Yup, trying it rn

11 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

Is the fan on the PSU even spinning? 

Fells like it is

1 hour ago, Phillipwrased said:

Fells like it is

You can't see it spinning?

36 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

You can't see it spinning?

Didnt wanna lift the pc while it's on, but I felt the airflow under it so pretty sure it was spinning

And update:

After gaming for 1 hour followed by downloading for another hour, it didn't turn off with the window open. Could've tested it for longer, but Its 1 am here in Germany and I need sleep

23 hours ago, Phillipwrased said:

While I touch the cpu, it feels the same to the psu

On 8/22/2020 at 10:42 PM, Phillipwrased said:

I think the Psu is overheating, what do u think?

What is hot for your fleshy human fingers isn't necessarily hot for dead solid-state electronics.

1 hour ago, OrionFOTL said:

What is hot for your fleshy human fingers isn't necessarily hot for dead solid-state electronics.

Yep, that's why Fahrenheit isn't used to measure temps for machinery, or shouldn't be at least. 50-60C for a processor is nothing, but for us that's hot as shit, 122-140F. These are scalding temperatures for humans, so I'm sure he didn't feel what he thought he felt. 🤣......And as for the O.P's issue, some people have said that his power supply is hot garbage, so make of that what you will. It doesn't seem like its about much at first glance on Corsairs website. Its not even 80+ rated. I'm not sure exactly how much can one expect to do with only 350 watts anyway. 

System Specs

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte AMD X570 Auros Master
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws 32 GBs
  • GPU
    Red Devil RX 5700XT
  • Case
    Corsair 570X
  • Storage
    Samsung SSD 860 QVO 2TB - HDD Seagate B arracuda 1TB - External Seagate HDD 8TB
  • PSU
    G.Skill RipJaws 1250 Watts
  • Keyboard
    Corsair Gaming Keyboard K55
  • Mouse
    Razer Naga Trinity
  • Operating System
    Windows 10