PC upgrade

Currently I am running a Intel Core i5 8600k with a GTX 1070 TI advanced edition. I am looking forward to upgrade my setup. however im not sure if my CPU could handle a RTX 2070/2080.

Any suggestions?

Thanks ❤️

Your CPU is basically as good as it gets for a pure gaming CPU. Especially overclocked. Get it to 5.0Ghz and you'll almost have 9900K-like performance in many titles.

I'd not buy a 2070/2080 as the new GPUs from NVIDIA will get released in under 1 month time from now.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

Thank you for your reply, i will wait for the new GPU's to come out.:)

One more question I am looking for a good gaming laptop. I have in mind the Razer Blade 15 with RTX 2070 super max q. Would this laptop match my PC performance or would it be better?

Thanks again

26 minutes ago, MCRutgers said:

One more question I am looking for a good gaming laptop. I have in mind the Razer Blade 15 with RTX 2070 super max q. Would this laptop match my PC performance or would it be better?

Thanks again

I would make a new topic for this but. The razer blade series is just a bad quality lineup. Way too high failure rate and they just do not last. Also a max q 2070 is the performance of a normal gtx 1660 in a laptop so you may just wanna get a laptop that has a full power 1660 or 2060. An xmg core 15 amd version for example.

33 minutes ago, MCRutgers said:

Thanks again

I recommend the ASUS Zephyrus G14.

Please mention or quote me if you want a response. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

43 minutes ago, MCRutgers said:

I have in mind the Razer Blade 15 with RTX 2070 super max q. Would this laptop match my PC performance or would it be better?

I doubt that the laptop can match your current pc performance due to much more constrained thermal solution, meaning that your compoment doesnt have the thermal headroom to boost as high as your pc does

big man big w!

Delid your 8600k. You'll hit way higher clocks because you can push more voltage without burning your house down. Quick and easy with a 3D printed delidding tool, which sell for cheap on eBay.

Wait for the ampere lineup to be announced. Apparently it'll happen August 31.

i5 12600KF | Zotac RTX 4080 Gaming trinity | Team Vulcan 2x16GB DDR4 3600 | ASRock Z690M-ITX/ac | WD Black SN850x 2TB

Cooler Master NR200P v2 | ID Cooling Zoomflow 280 XT | SeaSonic Focus SGX-750 | Thermalright 2x140mm + 2x120mm aRGB

LG C2 OLED 48" 120hz | Epomaker TH80 (Gateron Yellow) | Logitech MX Master 3 | Koss Porta Pro Comm