Wifi Router Not Negotiating to Gigabit. Wifi Stuck at 100mbps on 1000mbps connection.

Agent Crimson

I am using a weirdo Accesspoint, Router, Modem combo from the ISP I needed to extend my wifi through out the house so I bought a few TP-Link 5Ghz Wifi Routers to do that I made one of the Routers as my main router and used rest of them as access points. Now my modem does not negotiate a full gigabit throughput to the main router hence capping my whole network to 100Mbps but connecting to the modem directly gets me the full 1000 Mbps how can I fix this? 

Also I haven't turned the internal DHCP server of the ISP provided combo should I turn it off and use it solely as a modem or I should use the modem as a modem and router and all the TP-Link ones as access points.

18 minutes ago, Agent Crimson said:

I am using a weirdo Accesspoint, Router, Modem combo from the ISP I needed to extend my wifi through out the house so I bought a few TP-Link 5Ghz Wifi Routers to do that I made one of the Routers as my main router and used rest of them as access points. Now my modem does not negotiate a full gigabit throughput to the main router hence capping my whole network to 100Mbps but connecting to the modem directly gets me the full 1000 Mbps how can I fix this? 

Also I haven't turned the internal DHCP server of the ISP provided combo should I turn it off and use it solely as a modem or I should use the modem as a modem and router and all the TP-Link ones as access points.

Id put the ISP box in to bridge mode which makes it in to just a modem. Use one of those TP Link routers in router mode, with the other in AP mode. Also check the specs on the TP Link routers, make sure they specifically state 1 Gbps on the ports. There are still networking gear that only do 100 Mbps, so you will want to make sure. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

How are you determining the speed of your WiFi connection?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X · Cooler: Artic Liquid Freezer II 280 · Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 Unify · RAM: G.skill Ripjaws V 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 (2Rx8) · Graphics Card: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti TUF Gaming · Boot Drive: 500GB WD Black SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD · Game Drive: 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA SSD · PSU: Corsair White RM850x 850W 80+ Gold · Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow · Monitor: MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34” UWQHD 3440x1440 144Hz · Keyboard: Corsair K100 RGB Optical-Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (OPX Switch) · Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw RGB Wireless Gaming Mouse

2 hours ago, Chris Pratt said:

How are you determining the speed of your WiFi connection?

Using speed test as well as the status leds on the modem lets me know if the connected device is using 10/100 or 10/100/1000

Update: So I checked out Donut's suggestions and he was correct the routers do mention 10/100 on the lan and wan ports so I am out of luck with those. Now I don't want to spend 500$+ on access points like in my office so any suggestions for good Wifi Routers for around 100$.