should i upgrade my i5 8600k?

i have i5 8600k being cooled by Noctua nh u12s on a gigabyte Z370M D3H motherboard and a gtx 1080 amp extreme. is there any use upgrading to I7-9700K? how much difference in games will i see?

don't think the 9700k would give you that much better performance, 

Anything i've written between the * and * is not meant to be taken seriously.

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

In games? Probably not much though just don't bother with a 9700k. 

If you need an upgrade a used 8700k should be a nice one.

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

No need, overclocked you're already in the top tier of gaming chips, won't see much benefit in those cases. Something you might consider is delidding, which will significantly improve temps and allow for higher clock speeds.

I mean, check your CPU usage in games - if it's constantly pinned at 95-100%, then yes, a 9700K would improve things.

Unless you only play Battlefield 5 which does actually run optimally on 8 cores and up (though even then the i5 is still probably fine, considering you're using a GTX 1080), I doubt you'll notice much of a difference, assuming you've also got a little overclock on that 8600K.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

I went from from a 8600K to a 9700K (and now a 9900K). To be honest I didn’t see that big a difference except in CPU intensive games such as Ghost Recon Wildlands, etc. But as others have said I would not upgrade to a 9700k now. If you think the lack of hyperthreading is holding you back, you might want to consider a 8700K. That’s the reason why I upgraded from a 9700K to a 9900K. 
I should add that I was able to get good prices on the used market for my old CPUs so it was worthwhile for me. 

CPU i7 14700K | CPU Cooler Noctua NH-U12A | Motherboard MSI Pro Z690-A | GPU Zotac Airo RTX 4080 | RAM 32 GB GSkill Ripjaws V 4400
Mhz |
 Monitor Alienware AW2721D / Gigabyte M28U | PSU ASUS ROG Strix 850G