xps 13 9350 laptop screen turns off and on for brief moment

matrixmodulator

Hi everyone i hope someone has an idea what could cause this issue i have... with xps 13 9350 laptop screen turns off and on for brief moment.

We noticed it for the first time a couple time ago, we were using an external screen using an hdmi to usb adapter, it was fine for 4 years almost but now both screens turns off and on, it lasts 3-4 seconds and it's very random, it happens when the computer or screen doesnt even move and it also happens without the external screen +adapter.

So i tried to restaure the computer to factory settings, fresh win10 install, the computer was bloated and a bit slower so i thought that was a good idea to fix both problems at the same time.

Then i updated the drivers for the video card. I checked the temperature of gpu and it says around 55-60C.

Just to realise that all this doesnt help and issue still remains.

It happens very randomly, some day it can happen just once, or not, it's not multiple times a day, just 1 or 2 time a day depending if i use it for a long time or not.

I'm kinda out of ideas now, the only thing i can think of is maybe the cable that links the laptop to it's integrated screen panel is starting to be instable conection inside the computer.

Any other ideas what i could try?

Thanks!!!

3 minutes ago, matrixmodulator said:

I'm kinda out of ideas now, the only thing i can think of is maybe the cable that links the laptop to it's integrated screen panel is starting to be instable conection inside the computer.

This is probably accurate.

Other issue probably the gpu is failing, or the lid close sensor is bad.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w