Well i managed to pick up this rare bad boy from the UK. Official Linus noctua nh-u12s air cooler 😎

quetch1

$124. So about $40-60 off markup. Not bad.

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

collectibles! maybe in 20 years you should get it double.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

2 minutes ago, rcmaehl said:

$124. So about $40-60 off markup. Not bad.

More expensive for me $170 since our Australian dollar in free fall for the last 14 years lol.

2 hours ago, quetch1 said:

More expensive for me $170 since our Australian dollar in free fall for the last 14 years lol.

No, that’s not why. You can’t compare your currency to others just because the word “dollar” is used in both.

As an example, people in your country make like $23 an hour working at McDonald’s. People in the US working there make about $10. Of course things are going to cost more for you if you ignore currency values.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

2 hours ago, Vitamanic said:

No, that’s not why. You can’t compare your currency to others just because the word “dollar” is used in both.

As an example, people in your country make like $23 an hour working at McDonald’s. People in the US working there make about $10. Of course things are going to cost more for you if you ignore currency values.

What i mean is for the last 14 years our money is worthless on the international market. Examples. 1 Australia dollar only worth 0.72 cents per dollar.  UK 1 Australian dollar is worth 0.56 gbp pounds

10 minutes ago, quetch1 said:

What i mean is for the last 14 years our money is worthless on the international market. Examples. 1 Australia dollar only worth 0.72 cents per dollar.  UK 1 Australian dollar is worth 0.56 gbp pounds

Like I said, you can’t compare 1:1 without context. You’re kinda hung up on trying to equate your cost of living with a currency that isn’t your own. 

Look at the Yen to USD. 1 USD = about 100 Yen. With your logic, Japanese people are paying 100x more than they should be because their currency is worthless...

But it’s not because that’s not how any of this works. 

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20

17 hours ago, Vitamanic said:

Like I said, you can’t compare 1:1 without context. You’re kinda hung up on trying to equate your cost of living with a currency that isn’t your own. 

Look at the Yen to USD. 1 USD = about 100 Yen. With your logic, Japanese people are paying 100x more than they should be because their currency is worthless...

But it’s not because that’s not how any of this works. 

The truth is I feel like diamonds, gold and other stuff is worthless.

Since the minute I walk away from buying it.

It loses a large part of the original cost to me and I can only get much less for it. 🗯️

My reality is If I can't buy something at Walmart or Amazon with it then it is worthless to me.

22 hours ago, quetch1 said:

Trolling for a cooler for my 3900x on eBay and found this rare jem.

Nice.

I know it's weird but I wish I could get a CPU cooler with an alien figure sitting on it that plugged into the motherboard.

You know from the movies.

That would stick out its weird alien tongue teeth when I hit a key on my keyboard.

I think that would be a cool new trend, CPU coolers that do something.

34 minutes ago, CircleTech said:

So your house is worthless?

So your car is worthless?

So your internet is worthless?

So your utilites like water and Electricity is worthless?

So services like Haircuts, trash removal, and tax preperation are worthless?

Amazon and Walmart haven't taken over the world yet, and let's hope they never do.

Seems like apples and oranges to me.

Things I buy with my money, services do have value to me yes. That's why I buy them.

My house / land have value to me even more than just money and is the one thing that does go up in value in a real way.

Things sold mostly for their value that always immediately go down harshly in value, yes are worthless to me.

When I try to sell something, almost everything in fact. I take a harsh loss on it's pretended cash value. Things of all sorts.

I don't think that is just me.  I think a lot of people in the USA experience life that way.

So cash is king for me and everything else about the value of things here is just noise, a fairy tale.

Don't mean any insult to you. That's just my reality.