The official but unnoficial DDR4 tier list :3

1 hour ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Lol, I do that all the time. But with different benchmarks and numbers :P

That's pretty fast though. I like it. Fast meign! 

I HIT IT!  Though it wasn't stable enough to post this message.  Had to boot back into a daily profile.  

4627MHz 70010MB Copy.png

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

1 hour ago, nick name said:

I HIT IT!  Though it wasn't stable enough to post this message.  Had to boot back into a daily profile.  

4627MHz 70010MB Copy.png

Haha! Good stuff.

That latency though lol.

3 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Haha! Good stuff.

That latency though lol.

That latency compared to a 2700X is high and compared to Intel is suuuuuper high.  But that latency compared to Ryzen 3000 is actually daaaaaamn close.  My daily 3800MHz 1:1 latency is 62.8 ns.  So just 1.2 ns more.  Though, again, very unstable.  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

4 minutes ago, nick name said:

That latency compared to a 2700X is high and compared to Intel is suuuuuper high.  But that latency compared to Ryzen 3000 is actually daaaaaamn close.  My daily 3800MHz 1:1 latency is 62.8 ns.  So just 1.2 ns more.  Though, again, very unstable.  

The bandwidth is there. That matters more at them speeds!

You got nice set ups!

1 minute ago, ShrimpBrime said:

The bandwidth is there. That matters more at them speeds!

You got nice set ups!

This kit does 4000MHz flat 14s at closer to 1.53V so that's nice.  Though that's at 1T and GDM enabled.  So not a true comparison.  Also, not at 1:1 so I'm not sure if that skews what the kit's abilities are or what the IMC's abilities are.  

1 hour ago, nick name said:

This kit does 4000MHz flat 14s at closer to 1.53V so that's nice.  Though that's at 1T and GDM enabled.  So not a true comparison.  Also, not at 1:1 so I'm not sure if that skews what the kit's abilities are or what the IMC's abilities are.  

No probably not. The ration unlinked is good for high frequency, so should just let the potential of the ram shine with whatever the memory controller can do.

Mine seem to do 1T or 2T just the same. Hardly see any latency difference. 

No probably not. The ration unlinked is good for high frequency, so should just let the potential of the ram shine with whatever the memory controller can do.

Mine seem to do 1T or 2T just the same. Hardly see any latency difference. 

That's what I'm hoping for as I bought this kit in anticipation of Ryzen 4000.

1 minute ago, nick name said:

That's what I'm hoping for as I bought this kit in anticipation of Ryzen 4000.

Itll probably just do better on your Intel stuff..... Intel has the memory department locked down.

Just now, ShrimpBrime said:

Itll probably just do better on your Intel stuff..... Intel has the memory department locked down.

Jerk.  I don't have money for Intel stuff.  Stop making me feel poor.

Just now, nick name said:

Jerk.  I don't have money for Intel stuff.  Stop making me feel poor.

No way. My shit is old. I dont even have a 3000 series chip yet. Lol. You've got me beat already. 

15 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

No way. My shit is old. I dont even have a 3000 series chip yet. Lol. You've got me beat already. 

Whatever, Mr. I have several platforms.  Lol.  

2 minutes ago, nick name said:

Whatever, Mr. I have several platforms.  Lol.  

But mostly OLD! Like me.

Socket A

Am2

Am3

Am4

Pretty much all I have here. 

2700x and 8700k are my only power houses.

But mostly OLD! Like me.

Socket A

Am2

Am3

Am4

Pretty much all I have here. 

2700x and 8700k are my only power houses.

Don't forget -- I'm old too.  I just didn't get into building again until about 2018.  Prior to that I had a pre-built small form factor ASUS ROG and laptops.  The first machine I built was in 2001/2002.  And then several more until around 2004.  My first machine had one of the first Intel 1GHz CPUs in it.  Which I bragged about while playing Counter Strike after my hallmates turned me on to it instead of playing Unreal Tournament.  

2 minutes ago, nick name said:

Don't forget -- I'm old too.  I just didn't get into building again until about 2018.  Prior to that I had a pre-built small form factor ASUS ROG and laptops.  The first machine I built was in 2001/2002.  And then several more until around 2004.  My first machine had one of the first Intel 1GHz CPUs in it.  Which I bragged about while playing Counter Strike after my hallmates turned me on to it instead of playing Unreal Tournament.  

Nice. I gotten into HL2DM while my brother was into CSS. I owned my own server and clan.

COD 4 was released and HL2 died. 

Was #2 most popular server for several years actually. Kill box and orbs. Fun times.

1 minute ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Nice. I gotten into HL2DM while my brother was into CSS. I owned my own server and clan.

COD 4 was released and HL2 died. 

Was #2 most popular server for several years actually. Kill box and orbs. Fun times.

We had a clan called N*SYNC when you could make sprays whatever you wanted them to be.  We'd play dudes on the UT network and then pretend to be chicks and tell 'em to meet us at stupid places.  

I hated source when it came out because no matter what system I played it on it always had weird lag/hitches.  I could never iron them out.  So I played CS and CS:Condition Zero.  But that was after college.  College was pure CS.  Back when having a Klipsch surround setup got you called a hacker.  

23 minutes ago, nick name said:

We had a clan called N*SYNC when you could make sprays whatever you wanted them to be.  We'd play dudes on the UT network and then pretend to be chicks and tell 'em to meet us at stupid places.  

I hated source when it came out because no matter what system I played it on it always had weird lag/hitches.  I could never iron them out.  So I played CS and CS:Condition Zero.  But that was after college.  College was pure CS.  Back when having a Klipsch surround setup got you called a hacker.  

I've heard of the clan actually. We didn't play a lot of CS cause source came along.

Super popular. People still hanging onto it lol. CSGO, I can't get into honestly.

Mine was Alpha Bean TDM Arena. 

Later Joined forces with clan [51/50] and became pretty robust in the ending year or two.

GDawgg clans where always popular too. 

I miss those days. Way different than gaming today.

Bump't

On 8/16/2020 at 1:32 PM, nick name said:

This thread sent me down a rabbit hole chasing 70000 Copy in Aida.  The closest I got was 69993 MB.  Damn it.  

Haha ... that's me with my OCD about CPU clocks.  My CPU is supposed to be 4 GHz, I don't want it to be 3.998 GHz! :D (Still haven't figured out how to make sure it actually hits the round number, overshooting by a few GHz is okay, just undershooting by 1 Hz is not allowed.)

On 8/16/2020 at 8:11 PM, nick name said:

I built my own first PC in 2008, second in 2015.  First PC my parents had at home was in 1989, and I remember a year or two before that going to a home education center my mom would take me to, they had apple computers there.  Here's a little trip down memory lane of some of the PCs / parts we had back in the day.

On 8/16/2020 at 8:18 PM, nick name said:

I *STILL* play Team Fortress Classic (on the HL1 engine) sometimes, actually got off a game like an hour ago or less. :)  My game name now is TFCWings, also sometimes [Wings]TFAirlines, a while ago it was spelled out "[Wings]Team Fortress Airlines"... cause I'd conc / rocket / emp / mirv / pipe / whatever jump all over the place.  (I could even occasionally mirv jump up the 2fort elevator as HW.)

I remember on the first PC I played TFC on (I think Pentium 166, 64MB RAM, ATI All-In-Wonder 1st-gen Rage II?, etc), I was running at I think 320x240, software mode / lowest settings, and not even getting UP to double-digit (10) fps, even with my face buried in a wall.  Probably would have been pretty low fps zoomed on the skybox as a sniper, but with dialup and 300+ ping (this was before they changed the netcode to make high ping sniping easier) I never played sniper back then.  I played as engineer and built sentries. :) 

I went through a few various in-game names in my early TFC days, one of them was..... hey you ever see the acronym "LPB" for "Low Ping Bastard"?  Well, one of my names back in the day was [HPL]Stephen (that's my name) for "High Ping Llama". :P 

I didn't play continuously though.  During I think my first sabbatical from TFC, my name on the Planet Fortress forums (until I got banned :o ) was [<0FPS]FriedVideoCard.

I tried CS a couple times, but it's not really my style.

"got you called a hacker" .... hehe speaking of nice setups vs "more accessible to the masses" ... Someday I'd like to see a group of elite FPS / battle royale / whatever players play a series of matches ... using very low-end hardware... for example game performance & settings would be like what I originally played TFC with (or even lower), AND they'd have to use a cheap keyboard and mouse - preferably the kind of mouse with an actual ball in it. :D 

Just remembered another idea...  Have some overclockers / tweakers see how much raw performance, or performance per watt / degree they can squeeze out of a system.  There's a bit of a challenge, they got one hand proverbially tied behind their back though  😛 Either they're not allowed to let the voltage go above stock settings (for CPU I think that's 1.25V or is it 1.2? And for RAM I mean the 1.2V JEDEC spec, not the 1.35V or more some kits' XMP profiles call for), or, they have to run the system completely passively. 🙃

Or how about... Build a gaming PC for the most fun gaming experience possible (won't necessarily be the highest frame rate or settings, we're talking about storyline, in-game physics / controls, etc) ... But the video card either can't have a heatsink at all, or has to have retailed for under $40 when it was new, or can't have a TDP over 20 watts, or has to be old enough to use the ISA slot. 😆  And no cheating by using a more powerful APU - if they do use integrated graphics, it can't even be capable of launching (nevermind running) even a low-end version of 3DMark a few versions older than Ice Storm. 🤪

On 8/16/2020 at 7:40 AM, YT_DomDaBomb20 said:

Just wondering where is 3000mhz cl16, I can’t see it and it’s very common (if I’m blind tell me)

It's at Over 10ns (Average-), with the RAM latency at about 10.6ns

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

18 hours ago, Chiyawa said:

It's at Over 10ns (Average-), with the RAM latency at about 10.6ns

yeah the op added it when i said, but thanks

• 1 year later...
19 minutes ago, watermeloneswormie said:

i also use 9600gt!

Right on. It's one of many cards in the stash 🙂