What type of PCIe slot is this

21 minutes ago, ComputerFan13 said:

What kind of PCIe slot is this

3A0DE540-1683-4029-ABA0-7EFF13B6AEE7.jpeg

On second look this doesn't appear to be agp or pci-x. The general size and setup is there, but that last section shouldn't be broken in 2.  Should be 3 sections, not 4

image.png.51ce1d3fec1c398ea4d4c964aa946d5d.png

13 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

Pentium 4 and before era

Huh? I had 2 p4 pcs and both had a pcie 16x slot

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

6 minutes ago, TheTechWizardThatNeedsHelp said:

Huh? I had 2 p4 pcs and both had a pcie 16x slot

AFAIK, there are no PCIe on Pentium 4

I went to find out because I wanted to plug a RTX 2070S into my Pentium 4 system for lulz

They had PCI and AGP slots

That said, I could be wrong

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

It says pcie x16 next to the slot but idk what those other 2 notches are for

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x  | GPU: GTX 1070 FE | RAM: TridentZ 16GB 3200MHz | Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M | PSU: EVGA 650 B3 | STORAGE: Boot drive: Crucial MX500 1TB, Secondary drive: WD Blue 1TB hdd | CASE: Phanteks P350x | OS: Windows 10 | Monitor: Main: ASUS VP249QGR 144Hz, Secondary: Dell E2014h 1600x900

PCI-X, short for Peripheral Component Interconnect eXtended, is a computer bus and expansion card standard that enhances the 32-bit PCI local bus for higher bandwidth demanded mostly by servers and workstations.

Superseded by: PCI Express (2004)
Width in bits: 64
Created by: IBM, HP, and Compaq
Speed: 1064 MB/s

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PCI-X

File:ZRAID at PCI-X at FSC Primtrgy TX200 S2.JPG

PCI-X

PCI-X is an approach to increase the maximum transfer rate beyond the maximum rate achievable by conventional PCI. Since this is mostly a requirement for expansion cards used in servers, e.g. network or hard disk controllers, PCI-X slots can mainly be found on special server mainboards.

The maximum bus clock of a PCI-X v1.0 slot is 133 MHz, and those slots support 3.3V signal levels only. However, the PCI-X bus specification is backward compatible with the conventional 3.3V PCI specs, so conventional 3.3V PCI cards which support up to 66 MHz bus clock can be installed in a PCI-X slot. Since all current PCI cards manufactured by Meinberg meet these requirements, all current types of Meinberg PCI cards can be installed in PCI-X slots. However, it is not possible to operate 5V-only add-in cards in a PCI-X slot!

Note:
If a conventional PCI card is installed in a PCI-X slot then the clock speed of all PCI-X slots connected to the same bus is reduced to the maximum clock speed supported by that add-in card. Real PCI-X cards benefit from a high transfer rate provided by the PCI-X bus, so they should preferably run with the maximum rather than a decreased bus clock speed.

However, due to electrical limitations on the length of the wires between the slots the PCI-X specs allow only up to two slots to be connected to a single bus. So if there are more PCI-X slots available then they are normally connected to several independent buses, each bus with 2 slots.

This is why the limited transfer rate due to a conventional PCI card in a PCI-X slot normally affects only one other slot, usually the next one. Other slots won't be affected since they are physically connected to different buses. The manual of the computer mainboard should mention which of the PCI-X slots are grouped together to a single bus.

https://www.meinbergglobal.com/english/info/pci.htm

"Whatever happens, happens." - Spike Spiegel

3 minutes ago, Caroline said:

it has 4 sections

Think the 4th section is just a lock

U can see the PCB below

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

11 minutes ago, Caroline said:

Must've been high end.

Back in topic it doesn't looks like AGP, it has 4 sections, AGP had at max 3 if you count the one that was added so you don't insert a 3.3V card into a 1.5V slot and viceversa.

Looks more like a 5 volt PCI, the first one.

edit: if this was on an exam I would've gotten 0/100, refer to my other comment.

Both were dell dimentions. One a 2400, the other was a 4600 (?). One was a LGA socket one.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

26 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

AFAIK, there are no PCIe on Pentium 4

I went to find out because I wanted to plug a RTX 2070S into my Pentium 4 system for lulz

They had PCI and AGP slots

That said, I could be wrong

The cpus didn't have pci, agp, or pcie onboard, this was all up to the chipset. Some did pcie for the pentium 4, some did agp, some boards had both.

I have used rx480s and simmilar on pentium 4 systems, and they work(well no drives for 32bit systems, so not well on windows atleast, a bit better on linux)

34 minutes ago, Nayr438 said:

Its hard to tell from the picture how tall the dividers are and how tall the slot is, but it resembles a AGP Pro 1.5v Slot.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:AGP_%26_AGP_Pro_Keying.svg

Divider height doesn't matter if the slot was made shallow enough, which I believe was the case for a lot of boards.

We are all using old school AGP in disguise!!  PCIEAGP MF!

agppro_key.jpg.86d84c2f007649a376d936eae9744f65.jpg

60-e.jpg

3A0DE540-1683-4029-ABA0-7EFF13B6AEE7.thumb.jpeg.7f112003db8235ac374e21707857edcb.jpg