Workstation for a girl

zylx

Budget (including currency):  6500 PLN

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: CAD/3D Workstation, Adobe, nothing super heavy, gaming

Other details (already have 3800x, bought on sale couple of weeks ago, but can be returned, for women - look is important): 

https://pl.pcpartpicker.com/list/FTDx7T

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3800x 1500 PLN 
CPU Cooler:    Thermalright Macho Rev.B 73.6 CFM CPU Cooler 230 PLN
Motherboard:     ASRock X570 Pro4 ATX AM4 Motherboard 720 PLN
Memory:     G.Skill Trident Z 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL17 Memory White/Silver 690 PLN
Storage:     ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive 589 PLN
Video Card:     Palit GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB JetStream Video Card 2340 PLN
Case:     Fractal Design Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case White 420 PLN

FAN:      Fractal Design X2 GP-12 (White) 52.3 CFM 120 mm Fan 60 PLN

My main concerned is MoBo. I chose it mainly for aesthetic reasons. Is there any better than that in similar price point? Also, in same price i can get 3466mhz RAM, but CL16. Which one will be better. Will there be issues with ram clearance? Any thought? I haven't build pc for couple of years, and i'm not up to date as i used to be.

most people don't know how much 6500 PLN is.

could you convert it to either USD or Euro.

Anything i've written between the * and * is not meant to be taken seriously.

keep in mind that helping with problems is hard if you aren't specific and detailed.

i'm also not a professional, (yet) so make sure to personally verify important information as i could be wrong.

Why mention that it is "for a girl" if there is no reason for it?
I mean, i would understand if you are ashamed of yourself for being interested in a hello kitty themed case and therefore wanna go like "thats not mine tho, its for a girl", but since you arent, i dont get the mention of it. :'D

Dont mind me, im just here to rant. 

Remember: If you want me to see your reply - Quote me!

If your question has been solved, please mark the thread as solved by choosing the answer that has helped you the most as the correct/solving one.

Please also use appropriate titles. Titles should be a short description of your situation to get people interested in looking at your thread. Titles such as "help" or "i have a problem" (etc.) will only lead to you getting less to zero help, cause people won't be able to tell what this thread is about and therefore don't bother looking into it.

1 minute ago, flashiling said:

most people don't know how much 6500 PLN is.

could you convert it to either USD or Euro.

1.476,60€
1.739,45 USD

If your question has been solved, please mark the thread as solved by choosing the answer that has helped you the most as the correct/solving one.

Please also use appropriate titles. Titles should be a short description of your situation to get people interested in looking at your thread. Titles such as "help" or "i have a problem" (etc.) will only lead to you getting less to zero help, cause people won't be able to tell what this thread is about and therefore don't bother looking into it.

1 hour ago, flashiling said:

6500 PLN

~1500 Euro, 

1 hour ago, JayBe said:

Why mention that it is "for a girl"

Because for girls aesthetic and look is often more important than for man. And that's te case here. If i build for myself, i would gladly choose chipper case, no rgb etc to get more performance in same budget. 

6 minutes ago, zylx said:

Because for girls aesthetic and look is often more important than for man. Ant that's te case here. If i build for myself, i would gladly choose chipper case, no rgb etc to get more performance in same budget. 

Thats not the case at all. Aesthetic should always be important. And by aesthetic, i dont mean a pomping case and tons of RGB, but propper cable management and overall decent looks.
Case and RGB is absolutely subjective and not bound to any gender tho. 

5 minutes ago, JayBe said:

Thats not the case at all. Aesthetic should always be important. And by aesthetic, i dont mean a pomping case and tons of RGB, but propper cable management and overall decent looks.
Case and RGB is absolutely subjective and not bound to any gender tho. 

Ok, you are right. Sorry. 

Any thought about the build?

2 minutes ago, zylx said:

Ok, you are right. Sorry. 

Any thought about the build?

Yeah sorry, kinda went off-topic here :D

Overall a decent one. First thing: Do you need to get it like.. NAOW!!! or can you wait couple more weeks/month? Cause the new nvidias are about to drop in 20 days and the new ryzens are also about to be released soon. So you might wanna wait for them to get released to see if one them fits your setup or to hope that the ones you wanna buy now get cheaper.

If you have concerns about ram clearance, i'd suggest a AIO watercooler for your CPU. It looks better (imo, since you want to talk about aesthetics :P ), does a decent cooling job as well plus gives you another source for intake case cooling. 

And the PSU is missing. 

Unfortunately i can't wait. 

41 minutes ago, zylx said:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3800x 1500 PLN 

judging by the PCPP link u gave, this is a ryzen 7 3800x

you can click on the T in PCPP to get a list to copy and paste, makes life easier

image.png.f48ddca39dfcdca0f09c5264ea97bbab.png

as others have mentioned, new things are coming out soon, so i recommend waiting if you're building high end system like these

so i suggest returning the 3800x, and see what releases

but if you insist on building one today:

CPU: i would get the 3700x, it should be cheaper and perform about the same, but if the price different isnt worth your hassle of returning the 3800x, the 3800x is fine too

CPU cooler: idk how this cooler performs, but should be fine

Motherboard: it's meh, how much is the x570 TUF there? do you need x570 features? maybe have a look at B550 boards. here's a list you can refer to

RAM: looks ok, not sure bout compatibility with the CPU cooler though

others: all looks great, other than PSU, idk anything about PSU, but you can refer to this list

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

@MoonzyThanks for part picker tip!

Basically i bought 3800x for the price of 3700x. If the price was regular i would pick 3700x.

51 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

it's meh, how much is the x570 TUF there? do you need x570 features? maybe have a look at B550 boards. here's a list you can refer to

TUF is about 150 PLN more, and it was my first choice, but it not match the color scheme... B550 boards cost almost the same as x570, fe that Asrock PRO4 B550 is only 40zł cheaper, which is ~10 $. And Thunderbolt support may be needed int future.  TUF is much better than this asrock?

Ram clearance should be ok.

3 minutes ago, zylx said:

TUF is much better than this asrock?

for a 3800x, they're both fine

dont worry too much about it if the price difference is that huge

3 minutes ago, zylx said:

Thunderbolt supper may be needed int future

make sure you pick the right board then, not all board supports thunderbolt, even with add-in card

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately